Which Fire Style Do You Prefer?

Johnny_Nevori

Before Gen 6 there was only the mystic Ninetails in my heart regarding fire types, but then I met Delphox and this kitsune became my favourite companion as it always turned out very useful in most of my battles

11 hours ago, TheVentusX said:

Before Gen 6 there was only the mystic Ninetails in my heart regarding fire types, but then I met Delphox and this kitsune became my favourite companion as it always turned out very useful in most of my battles

Naruto lol nice I had one until I met Arcanine and that was the end of that story lol

3 hours ago, doombotmecha said:

Volcarona, ever since B2 when you could get a level 35 one in the desert, strengthened when I got Larvesta in my latest Reborn mystery egg. Praise the Moth! 

Yeah, that bug is a beast when I think scary good bugs, Volcarona is one of the first that come to mind

15 hours ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

Yeah, that bug is a beast when I think scary good bugs, Volcarona is one of the first that come to mind

Vivillon is my number 1 most terrifyingly good bug mons. My list goes:

1. Vivillon
  2. Volcarona
  3. Galvantula
  4. Heracross
  5. Scisor
  6. Escavalier

39 minutes ago, jbastian1 said:

Vivillon is my number 1 most terrifyingly good bug mons. My list goes:

1. Vivillon
  2. Volcarona
  3. Galvantula
  4. Heracross
  5. Scisor
  6. Escavalier

yeah if it doesn't get OHKO'd by everything, it's pretty good but not good typing and low Speed and no Def/Sp.D makes me kinda shy away from it.

Plus..

Galvantula has better typing and stats and the same ability and possibly better moves

Heracross & Scizor both mega and have better typing and way better stats and abilities and moves

Escavalier has way better Attack and Def/Sp.D and way better typing and doesn't take crits

Volcarona has better stats and typing and has the same moves

9 minutes ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

yeah if it doesn't get OHKO'd by everything, it's pretty good but not good typing and low Speed and no Def/Sp.D makes me kinda shy away from it.

Plus..

Galvantula has better typing and stats and the same ability and possibly better moves

Heracross & Scizor both mega and have better typing and way better stats and abilities and moves

Escavalier has way better Attack and Def/Sp.D and way better typing and doesn't take crits

Volcarona has better stats and typing and has the same moves

The beauty of Vivillon lies in her potential. You get yourself a Timid or Modest Vivillon with Compound Eyes ability. Immediately Sleep Powder your enemy. Quiver Dance, usually you can get off about two before they wake up, but at that point your pretty beefy and can probly tank the hit. Put them back to sleep and quiver dance again/ heal if needed. After a few times Quiver Dancing your stats beyond reason, you then use Hurricane. Hurricanes base power is 110, but Vivillon gets STAB with it AND with all the Special Attack increases it will OHKO pretty much anything. Now I know it doesn't have the best accuracy, but that is where Compound Eyes comes in handy so it almost NEVER misses. You can sweep most anything with a Vivillon. It can learn Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, or Dream Eater to get health stealing moves, Bug Buzz, Psychic, Energy Ball, etc. too. It really is a beast of a pokemon. There is a reason they chose it's number in the dex to be 666, it was not coincidental. 

Yeah if sleep powder actually effects the mon your against, abilities and typing and speed sometimes block that move and and again speed kills so if you get OHKO'd on the first move cause the mon out sped you then its no bueno lol but yeah thats why i said its pretty good other wise.

Volcarona out speeds Vivillon and hits it with Flare Blitz, its SE plus STAB at 120 and Vivillon's low Def stat = OHKO

Hypno with insomnia can't fall asleep and puts Vivillon to sleep instead and uses 2 Thunder punches its SE = 2HKO

Its good no doubt but I just think speed and D are a problem for it's weak typing and if you check Smogon its in the NU Tier.

31 minutes ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

Yeah if sleep powder actually effects the mon your against, abilities and typing and speed sometimes block that move and and again speed kills so if you get OHKO'd on the first move cause the mon out sped you then its no bueno lol but yeah thats why i said its pretty good other wise.

Volcarona out speeds Vivillon and hits it with Flare Blitz, its SE plus STAB at 120 and Vivillon's low Def stat = OHKO

Hypno with insomnia can't fall asleep and puts Vivillon to sleep instead and uses 2 Thunder punches its SE = 2HKO

Its good no doubt but I just think speed and D are a problem for it's weak typing and if you check Smogon its in the NU Tier.

Oh I agree that there are situations where Vivillon will be outdone, but honestly from my times using it, it is few and far between. I've ran Vivillon competitvely in Showdown too and it is usually trouble for alot of people. Also, most competitive runs of Vivillon use a Focus Sash to ensure it cant be OHKO'd. Additionally, you should always look into trying to mask some of the weaknesses of you mon, for example with Hypno, I would just immediately Bug Buzz instead of sleeping to avoid wasting a turn and killing it in most likely 1 hit. Volcarona, you could sleep it and quiver dance, or immediately hurricane it for an OHKO. 

And while I totally love Volcarona, I have a harder time sweeping through teams like a do with Vivillon. Being able to set a Sleep Powder to buff your stats to me is more valuable than higher base stats. For example, Volcarona has a base Speed of 100 and Special Attack of 135. After one Quiver Dance, Vivillons Speed jumps from 89 to 133 and its special attack to 135 completely outspeeding Volcarona. Now I know Volcarona can Quiver Dance too but it is much riskier to set up without the ability to Sleep the opponent.  Plus with Reborn, you typically learn pretty quickly what pokemon you'll need to match up with on your enemy so you can plan accordingly to get those stats boosted properly. Again, I love Volcarona, I am just stating from my uses, Vivillon has been more useful in the long run with my experiences. I have a lvl 73 Vivillon that solo sweeps the high lvl 80 teams in the Grand Hall when I need to grind for money and while I have a Volcarona that I have added to my rotation, it cannot sweep like that unless you get that 50% fiery dance boost and if you dont get outsped. 

I would argue most of the downfalls Vivillon faces are the same as Volcarona too, stealth rocks. Accelrock, etc. I'd just rather have the potential to sweep through teams a little easier and save a little more of the rest of my team just incase something happens. Granted there are times where I don't use Vivillon. My main team for example uses Aerodactyl and I dont like doubling up types too often. I had a vacant spot on the team that I was testing out different mons to fill it and actually landed on using Volcarona, but that is only because Aerodactyl covers my Flying type already. 

35 minutes ago, Johnny_Nevori said:

If Volcarona could Sleep Powder it would 100000000% be better than Vivillon in my book.