Rejuvenation's early game

Magus543

So i've been thinking about what i said on the status thread, do people think the early game is actually pretty good for team building? I'm genuinely curious. 

Unlike Reborn, Rejuvenation gives you a field to go to as soon the first gym is beaten and you have a lot of options to make your team even if they will be replaced later on. Like Pokemon should have the freedom of choice on making your team and i like that early game hell has been alleviated a bit. I remember when Kenneth threw a goddamn pseudo at us back in V10 or how hell the Gyrados and Mewtwo fights were. Still Nim is still a nice wake up call to how ridiculous some of the fields are if Venam didn't hammer that lesson home. 

Another shout out to Swoobat for saving me against Kenneth and Maria even if she had to retire eventually. And that Clefairy i got from the trade.

• Like 2

Early game team members aren't bad, most of my team was caught early game (I do that in most pokemon games Core, and fan games)

I ended up starting with Froakie

Spearow Fomantis can both be caught in Gearen City, and they both help out a lot.

Pichu, Now an Alolan-Raichu has been a great team member due to its high special attack and speed, and its what help me kill Adams Mega-Aerodactyl, although it was very hard to train when it Was a Pichu/Pikachu

Eevee can be gotten relatively early too (Before gym 2, but I didn't do the battle till after it.) And eevee is eevee, meaning its amazing, i evolved mine into Flareon and it has helped a lot, especially in the grass and bug gyms (I caught a torkal with drought to get rid of the rain)

I did have one other Team member, Heracross, but its not obtained till a little bit into the game 

They give you a lot of Early game options but it dosent make the game incredibly easy, I still had a hard time with some battles, the Ghost, and Normal Gym gave me some trouble in the early game, and I couldn't beat the Electric gym to save my life in the mid game, I also struggled a lot with Adam, before getting the perfect strategy for beating him.

I will admit some of these struggles is because I don't like replacing team members, I like getting members and rolling with them for the rest of the game, which worked in both Rejuvenation, and Reborn

• Like 1

That's like what i said on the status thread, that Rejuv actually does a good job of early game balance so while you have a lot of good options, it doesn't totally break the game and the gyms and RIFTS are reasonably tough. Though i'm still annoyed that the dev team put the Pancakes for Alola Raichu much later in the resort. Sure it's more fitting but damn it all!!!!!!!!!! 

I feel yeah on not wanting to replace team members. Retiring my Swoobat was one of the saddest experiences ever, i'm the sentimental type when it comes to Pokemon.  I can't really get into a pokemon fangame unless i adventure with my favs XD. Though it certainly helps my favs are quite powerful. Still it always helps to have reserve members just in case, like i prepared this Mamoswine on a second run to deal with Erick. God is his Gym such torture. XD.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

It's hard when most of your faves are bad, like the Swoobat and Beheeyem, or have garbage availability, like Volcorona.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."

--Karen of the Johto Elite 4

Idk just thought this fit

I'd love to win with a Volcarona, but you can only get it at the end of a four part sidequest, which has an easily missed first part, and the fourth part only comes at the end of V12. And crests come too late in the game to matter for Beheeyem.

I've been enjoying the hell out of this game in bursts. Gearen City is friggen fun and I started out with Rowlet. Been a mainstay so far and I'm at the 2nd gym now.  I've been playing on intense and it's a uphill battle. It felt like I was in the 1st chapter for quite a while but that's because I'm new. My pace has picked up. I experimented quite a bit. I can't remember my team for the 1st gym but it took several attempts before i beat it. If anything that has kicked my ass and make me question to lower the difficulty is the battle in the hotel near the top, and that mad scientist who loved one shotting anything and everything I put in. I really enjoy the AI kicking my ass and maybe forcing me to rethink my strategy or team comp, usually lose couple times. Learn my opponent, then proceed to go grind a better comp to try again. I should probably use items more but I don't as I'm stingy with money, or maybe that's because the game made me be stingy at the start. And BIG Yikes on that Blue building, amusing but DAMN lol.