Special Eevee and Eeveelution crests

redcellbestcell

So after finding and battle the Kimono girl, you will get gifted a special (maybe always shiny) eevee, it was a shadow poke then got purified by Souta, It have the move Transform. 2 of the Eeveelution, Leafeon and Glaceon, have crest. So I have some dumb questions:

-If that Eevee evolve to either Leafeon and Glaceon, held one of the crest, then transform to a random wild poke, does it still have the type resistance from the crest?

-If I give a Ditto a random crest, and let it transform into the supposed Crest holder, will it also have the Crest effect?

• Veterans
4 hours ago, redcellbestcell said:

So after finding and battle the Kimono girl, you will get gifted a special (maybe always shiny) eevee, it was a shadow poke then got purified by Souta, It have the move Transform. 2 of the Eeveelution, Leafeon and Glaceon, have crest. So I have some dumb questions:

-If that Eevee evolve to either Leafeon and Glaceon, held one of the crest, then transform to a random wild poke, does it still have the type resistance from the crest?

-If I give a Ditto a random crest, and let it transform into the supposed Crest holder, will it also have the Crest effect?

1. No the crest effect checks for your current species, transform changes your species, you would lose the crest effect (same reason quick- and metal powder only work on ditto while it isn't transform, thus rendering these items pretty damn useless)

2. this is the reverse case, and this works ditto holding for example a typhlosion crest, transforming into a typhlosion then actually gets the crests effect (for example quick attack hit twice due to the parental bond effect for contact moves that is part of the crest)

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

1. No the crest effect checks for your current species, transform changes your species, you would lose the crest effect (same reason quick- and metal powder only work on ditto while it isn't transform, thus rendering these items pretty damn useless)

2. this is the reverse case, and this works ditto holding for example a typhlosion crest, transforming into a typhlosion then actually gets the crests effect (for example quick attack hit twice due to the parental bond effect for contact moves that is part of the crest)

Thanks you!