Pulse Magnezone

Atg303

my team  is

Lvl80 Swampert, Torrent: Waterfall, earthquake, sludge wave, rock tomb

Lvl77 Noivern, Infiltrator: Dragon Pulse, Boomburst, flamethrower, Fly 

Lvl76 Alolan sandslash, slush rush: Icicle crash, bulldoze, shadow claw, brick break

Lvl75 Mawile, Sheer Force, Play rough, last resort, crunch, iron head

Lvl78 Arcanine, Intimidate: Crunch, flamethrower, thunder fang, strength

Lvl67 Rhydon, Rock head: Stone edge, drill run, earthquake, mega horn.

Any suggestions? The best I've done is getting Zel down to just magnezone but I haven't been able to complete the battle.

Magnezone hits like a truck, his special attack is higher than freakin' deoxys and his moves take advantage of the terrain. If you face him head on, unless your pokemon counter his, you will lose. he is also decently bulky. his weakness is supposed to be twofold :

-he's slow

-he is sent last, which means you can already prepare yourself before ZEL sends him with screens/boosts/etc

your team sadly is also slow, has physical defense but no special defense, and has nothing to boost themselves/debuff the opponent, and you can't outlevel this one...

Unless you want to change a mon, i'd say your best bet is to save Noivern for last and give him a Synthetic Seed, it will give him a 50% boost in special attack and guaranteed crit on your first attack. That might oneshot?

Do you have anything in your PC?

4 minutes ago, Beaufils said:

Magnezone hits like a truck, his special attack is higher than freakin' deoxys and his moves take advantage of the terrain. If you face him head on, unless your pokemon counter his, you will lose. he is also decently bulky. his weakness is supposed to be twofold :

-he's slow

-he is sent last, which means you can already prepare yourself before ZEL sends him with screens/boosts/etc

your team sadly is also slow, has physical defense but no special defense, and has nothing to boost themselves/debuff the opponent, and you can't outlevel this one...

Unless you want to change a mon, i'd say your best bet is to save Noivern for last and give him a Synthetic Seed, it will give him a 50% boost in special attack and guaranteed crit on your first attack. That might oneshot?

Do you have anything in your PC?

Unfortunately I don't have a synthetic seed and no good mons in my pc for this battle

+1 Lvl 78 0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. Lvl 83 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone on a critical hit: 242-288 (103.4 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

^ including the special defense from the pulse form. might be lower if he has IVs, but it's probably higher on your end since you have EVs

yeah that should work

you can buy synthetic seeds at the lapis ward shop since the city has been restored.

other solution is X Special attack if you have one, but that's less efficient, since you need to tank a hit, and it's still not a one shot kill

also if you have smackdown (it's tm 23 if you picked it up) you can un-levitate him and then he's free

Edited by Beaufils

29 minutes ago, Beaufils said:

+1 Lvl 78 0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. Lvl 83 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone on a critical hit: 242-288 (103.4 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO

^ including the special defense from the pulse form. might be lower if he has IVs, but it's probably higher on your end since you have EVs

yeah that should work

you can buy synthetic seeds at the lapis ward shop since the city has been restored.

other solution is X Special attack if you have one, but that's less efficient, since you need to tank a hit, and it's still not a one shot kill

also if you have smackdown (it's tm 23 if you picked it up) you can un-levitate him and then he's free

How do you get back to reborn city without beating this fight tho