Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

been meaning to give this a try, especially considering the create-a-trainer thing happened but 1 thing that really confuses me is the main post says only 2 badges but later posts say it covers up to e17................ not trying to nitpick or anything but im the kind of person that when seeing varying messages like that tend to get a bit confused and desire at least some specifics cuz atm that honestly is kinda making my brain hurt which is no small feat mind you but i digress -_-

10 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

been meaning to give this a try, especially considering the create-a-trainer thing happened but 1 thing that really confuses me is the main post says only 2 badges but later posts say it covers up to e17................ not trying to nitpick or anything but im the kind of person that when seeing varying messages like that tend to get a bit confused and desire at least some specifics cuz atm that honestly is kinda making my brain hurt which is no small feat mind you but i digress -_-

What it basically means is that while the game is playable up to E17 content, nothing has been really added or tested past Aya but I honestly recommend waiting as a completed E18 version is nearly done. This would have all the master fights, a completed synopsis, and other fun surprises. You can play E17 up until after beating Aya but beyond that you will be missing significant content.

• 2 weeks later...

After all this time, it is here:

Mega Link (E18.1)

Changes from E7 Demo

Spoiler

So let's get a couple things out of the way. The first thing I want to cover is mods. They seem to be perfectly functional bar menu change ones that override the Synopsis and Party Menu. I cannot guarantee that mods will not break or corrupt your game so use them at your own risk but they have been tested and compatible.

The other thing I want to talk to you about is glitches. Most things have been tested and most glitches have been paved out but there seem to be a lot of random ones that pop up randomly so please report any glitches in this forum and I'll let you know if it's a me glitch or a Reborn base game glitch. Also you may want to check the Redux Readme as I did put a couple troubleshoot techniques in so you don't have to worry about uploading your save to get it fixed for a couple common possible errors.

Also shoutout to @DemICE for not only the help, and not only the Beta testing, but managing to not follow my directions and finding bugs I normally wouldn't have.

Changes/Additions

*All leaders now have Master fights (all badge leaders have alternate)

*Continued the HCHQ Quest up until the Police Station

*Added all Hardcore Content including the CoM

*Added additional Party Members

*Added the Auto Leveler NPC

*Added Fossil Maniac in Grand Hall

*Added NPC to turn certain options on or off

*Added 2 additional Postgame Battles in HCHQ

*Added all Create-a-Trainer in HCHQ

*Money is no longer lost when wiping

*Money is no longer gained in CoM

*Enemy cap has been raised to 120

*Exp is boosted to 1.5x for all Pokemon after Ciel

*Some AI and IV script edits for opponents

*Probably other stuff I forgot about

Bugfixes (E18.1)

Spoiler

-Taka's Aerodactly had some odd moves

-Shelly now has Araquanid instead of Two Scythers

-Machines now heal all party members on top of who you are playing as

-Glass Gauntlet now gives Shelly's Mons from the fight

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

YYYYEEEEEeeeesSSSSssssaaaAAAAAHhhhhhhHH!!!!!! Finally I can start having Nightmares beating every gym leader in Master mode....again.

update:Okay after I finish reading the synopsis this error appeared 

OS46XR7l.png

X3IrZijl.png

Edited by Angelkitsune

@Angelkitsune I think I know what happened there but let me double check. Just don't use the synopsis for the time being until I figure out which entry is glitching out. Sorry about that.

Edit: Uh could you tell me which one caused the glitch because I'm looking at it with a save an can't seem to repeat it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

just to clarify what mods if any are compatible with redux? was primarily going to use a couple from the SWM pack and the music pack

Pretty much all of the should technically work. Dem said the only ones that didn't were ones that made changes to the start menu since it deleted the Party and Synopsis selections

43 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

also is it possible to create a guide that tells where each create-a-trainer will be/is located cuz i got 3 badges atm and have only found 1 so far -_-

There are 6 fields and I made them all kind of circle around those. Hard to remember who I put where off the top of my head.

Great! Thanks @Commander! I kinda haven't finished the vanilla E18 yet ( because replaying from the beginning is kinda sucks [ i destroyed my save file long time ago ]) So this might be great for me since i can expect some story changes to keep me motivated to play.

But unfortunately, i can't meet Ainz and Hajime yet due to Ainz's field and Hajime's mon levels XD

Edit : After a recheck, i just realized : i missed the happiness and ivs for Hajime. Goddamn it me. Is changing my submission still acceptable @Commander?

@Ainz Ooal Gown You can make adjustments but it won't show or I won't be uploading a new release until a game breaking bug shows up or another big feature is ready to be rolled out (though there's only one left on my list which won't be for a while). Just ping me in the create a thread so I know there was a change.

oh i have noticed something relatively early on in the plot that im almost 100% sure is a bug but cant say for certain albeit its of minor consequence to me is the egg on the way to the south ward of reborn city (dont remember the name off the top of my head) for some reason is unobtainable.............. no matter how many mons ive had in my party when trying to obtain the egg it gives me the prompt to confirm if i want the egg and upon slecting yes, nothing happens.......... it doesnt go into my party if i have space, nor does it enter the PC storage........... i dont remember encountering this issue in the vanilla game so i figured id mention it here just in case

@ArcBolt27 I know exactly what went wrong. The coding for eggs got changed so I'll need to redo that. Can anyone report any eggs outside the following that don't work (if any in the list works, please tell me)

-Girl in Onyx Ward (Save Daycare Couple)

-Obsidia Slums Egg

-Malchious Forest (The forest in Jasper Ward)

-Police Station Mix Egg (May still work)

Sorry about that, but I made an assumption that turned out wrong about eggs. Try having a slot open to pick it up and it should theoretically work then.

1 minute ago, Commander said:

@ArcBolt27 I know exactly what went wrong. The coding for eggs got changed so I'll need to redo that. Can anyone report any eggs outside the following that don't work (if any in the list works, please tell me)

-Girl in Onyx Ward (Save Daycare Couple)

-Obsidia Slums Egg

-Malchious Forest (The forest in Jasper Ward)

-Police Station Mix Egg (May still work)

Sorry about that, but I made an assumption that turned out wrong about eggs. Try having a slot open to pick it up and it should theoretically work then.

ive tried having only 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 pokemon open and with slums egg and nothing successful....... havent encountered the other 3 eggs tho so i cant speak on them personally

20 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

ive tried having only 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 pokemon open and with slums egg and nothing successful....... havent encountered the other 3 eggs tho so i cant speak on them personally

Yeah, I was fiddling with Rejuv and I see what the issue is. Mystery Egg seems fine but the other three seems to not work due to the script being rewritten

also i noticed rare candies dont work at all regardless of lvl............. not sure if that was intentional or not

on a side note, i know the auto lvl thing is a WiP but i think ol MnM went a little overboard........... i know he said supercharged and all but paying 10k to ur entire party to 100? yeesh........... a bit overkill there MnM

I am now at the slums and found the same error with the egg as the person above. Roaming around the forums i found that theres an error with waynolts mod thats quite the same, the person solved it by disabling the egg pickup part of the mod, but i couldnt find anything similar in redux's folders.

Anyway im going to continue and if i find any of the other eggs i'll report back

the egg in jasper forest is also bugged

Edited by Liewce

On 1/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

also i noticed rare candies dont work at all regardless of lvl............. not sure if that was intentional or not

on a side note, i know the auto lvl thing is a WiP but i think ol MnM went a little overboard........... i know he said supercharged and all but paying 10k to ur entire party to 100? yeesh........... a bit overkill there MnM

They should be three above cap so it'd be 28 for Florinia etc before they stop working. One thing to note is you may need to win a fight for that to work. Same goes for the auto leveler.

As for the pricing, it's actually really cheap if you do the math. It costs 9.8k for just one rare candy and this is like getting 5 to even 80. Or even 160. Most late game trainers give that amount so it isn't so bad. It was mostly for other party members since they are time consuming to grind.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:00 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

something else i was wondering........ i may have overlooked it but how exactly do i access the other "party members"? i only have 1 unlocked atm but no clue how to go about bringing them along

You find them in the overworld after at least fighting them and partnering with them once.

4 hours ago, Liewce said:

I am now at the slums and found the same error with the egg as the person above. Roaming around the forums i found that theres an error with waynolts mod thats quite the same, the person solved it by disabling the egg pickup part of the mod, but i couldnt find anything similar in redux's folders.

Anyway im going to continue and if i find any of the other eggs i'll report back

If it's the fact you can't pick it up, that's a me mistake die to how eggs are obtained changing. If it's an error message then that is a mod causing it. I fixed them for the next update but I am holding off until a week or a critical error pops up.

45 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

finally made it to amaria but i cant find jim 😧 i fought and beat all the other leaders on master mode and wanted to do the same with amaria but jim seems to be awol............... or is he hiding underwater somewheres?

I did something different for the Amaria fight though it only shows up on the Resh route. Wanted to see how people would respond to me doing that given I'd have to rewrite the entire event to put Jim there. I will give a hint.

Nuzlockers can't face Amaria's master fight.

Also dang you made progress.

41 minutes ago, Commander said:

They should be three above cap so it'd be 28 for Florinia etc before they stop working. One thing to note is you may need to win a fight for that to work. Same goes for the auto leveler.

As for the pricing, it's actually really cheap if you do the math. It costs 9.8k for just one rare candy and this is like getting 5 to even 80. Or even 160. Most late game trainers give that amount so it isn't so bad. It was mostly for other party members since they are time consuming to grind.

You find them in the overworld after at least fighting them and partnering with them once.

If it's the fact you can't pick it up, that's a me mistake die to how eggs are obtained changing. If it's an error message then that is a mod causing it. I fixed them for the next update but I am holding off until a week or a critical error pops up.

I did something different for the Amaria fight though it only shows up on the Resh route. Wanted to see how people would respond to me doing that given I'd have to rewrite the entire event to put Jim there. I will give a hint.

Nuzlockers can't face Amaria's master fight.

Also dang you made progress.

and then some.............. just finished the factory scenario and i was kinda bummed when i didnt see the leavanny named after my character 😕

On 1/13/2019 at 2:02 AM, Commander said:

Yea no error message, just the "pick it up?" "yes" and nothing happens. 
I'll be lurking for when the update comes, thank you for your attention and if there's anything i can do to help lemme know

(also, thank as a lot for the mod its amazing really. I cant complete a game and not search for mods of it, and yours is trully awesome)

ok so i was reading this again and it sounded  kinda cheesy my bad, i guess i was kinda drunk and showing tons of love lmao

Edited by Liewce

Okey I'm about to hit you with them newbie questions. First of all very nice work and thank you for putting down so much time on this. ❤️

1. Do I have to beat a gym leader on every level to get the badge? (because that would be awesome)  Or do I chose how I want to be tortured
2. Have you included changes to all current availabe episodes, up to E18 so to speak? It says up to badge 2 at the start, just want to be sure
3. Are these new event pokemon replacing the original event pokemon or are you making new events? + will some core items be available earlier? 

I would love to download it now and see for myself but my finals are coming up and I don't wanna risk getting addicted. So answers to these questions should suffice my needs. 

Appreciate the help!! 

Edited by veron922