worst characters of the reborn story

Dark Legend

As usual, depends on what one means by “worst”. 

Worst as written? The one I most dislike? The one I would kill if given the opportunity? 

More seriously: I’d say Blake, Sirius, Radomus, Zero and Bennett. 

I don’t think I have to explain about Sirius. 

I’ll detail Blake since it’s apparently not obvious: Blake is the type to lock up a ten-year-old in a freezing shack in winter. And starve an entire village – the place he lives – because... what again? He wants to be able to chill or something? 

Radomus – I can bear the smug act of always knowing what is going on and rubbing it in everyone else’s face. What I think is beyond the pale is what he did to Elias, without any reason whatsoever. Not that I like the priest, but there is no confirmation that he did anything this heinous – or that Luna left him of her own actual will. 

Similarly, Zero and Bennett are on this list of shame for their PULSE shenanigans – specifically the Hypno, but Zero deservea “credit” for threatening Eve with Lumi into working for Meteor. Bennett specifically because he ought to know better than use such a horrid weapon. 

• Like 1

ok i see why you dont like blake. I mainly like Blake for his confident attitude and his ice type preference which is my second favorite type. 

52 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Similarly, Zero and Bennett are on this list of shame for their PULSE shenanigans – specifically the Hypno, but Zero deservea “credit” for threatening Eve with Lumi into working for Meteor. Bennett specifically because he ought to know better than use such a horrid weapon. 

yes Bennett should know better i hate him too

and also YES i mean who you would kill when given the opportunity

Edited by Dark Champion

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

YOU DONT IKE BLAKE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Let's just say, he's just a Fern clone to me or because he started an entire city and locked Heather up.

@MindlackMore my hatred for it. These, I named are my most hated with the worst things their done. That's what my mind got that. 

Also I kinda add Zero and Bennett for similar reasons regarding with blackmail and stalking (bc I'm getting triggered by such topics bc of rl experiences)

Edited by Evi Crystal

40 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

ok i see why you dont like blake. I mainly like Blake for his confident attitude and his ice type preference which is my second favorite type.

11 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

Let's just say, he's just a Fern clone to me or because he started an entire city and locked Heather up.

Sorry to disappoint you, Dark Champion. But I agree with Evi Crystal. The reason why Blake locked Heather up because that might prevent her from giving people any foods so they’re going to starve again. In other words, that’s the order from Team Meteor. It’s not that I don’t like him but I don’t trust him.

• Upvote 1

Gonna be contraversial and say Taka. Titania's verbal smackdown of him was 100% right. He's a coward hiding behind his daddy being the (former) head of a mass murdering terrorist organization. Taka was actively involved in multiple plots to destroy the city, and directly responsible for what happened in the Jasper Ward, and if not for Cal WOULD have been directly responsible for the destruction of Apophyll Island and the death of everyone there. His half-hearted claims that he didn't want to do it don't do a damn thing to negate any of that, nor does his eventual (forced) turn away from Meteor.

And no, the claim that what he's doing and what Titania are doing are not correct. Because what Titania's doing is basically sacrificing her own happiness for the sake of someone else, making herself miserable in the process. The only person hurt long-term was her and Amaria, the latter of whom was self-destructive regardless of Titania's deception. Taka killed hundreds of people. That police officer who died in Beryl whose Growlithe you get? Taka killed him. Oh sure he didn't watch it happen, didn't smile over the body, but he still did it.

On that same note, Corey, for basically the same reason.

I actually disagree on Fern. He's just a stupid dick. But apart from being a massive jerk he hasn't really...done anything. He fails at everything he tries in-game. So even if he were theoretically as horrible as Blake or Sirius, he hasn't actually accomplished anything. And he's just not. He's an idiot and a jerk. And that's all he is.

Ok Fern allowed team meteor to kill his sister. He gave them blueprints of Amaria's house so that they could attack them. And ur right, hes a stupid dick. I never thought about Taka like that but ur right

9 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Ok Fern allowed team meteor to kill his sister. He gave them blueprints of Amaria's house so that they could attack them. And ur right, hes a stupid dick. I never thought about Taka like that but ur right

That proves even greater for Fern if you 

Spoiler

Defeated Solaris’ Garchomp in Pyrous Mountain.

• Hmm 1

Connal, Sirius, Bennet, Fern, Blake
What they did was straight up unforgivable
Let's start with Connal: he tortured and killed children in that twisted orphanage of his, what more to say?
Sirius is even worse: he burned down and tore apart the Belrose Manse, killed Charlotte, Saphira and Laura's parents. killed Eclipse, killed Heather's Mother and was prepared to kill everyone in the Fiore Mansion if not for Titania's Excadrill

Bennet is a creep
Fern's a jerk 
and Blake's a bigger jerk

4 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

Ok Fern allowed team meteor to kill his sister.

Florinia is not dead. I don't think there's a scenario in-game where she can die, yet.

And yeah, I never said he was a good person. I said he hadn't actually managed to do anything. He talks a big game, and was involved in one Meteor operation, but that operation was a colossal failure for him personally, as well as a major defeat of Team Meteor as a whole. But let's consider these characters:

-Taka

-Eclipse

-Tara

-Simon

-Corey

All of these people are objectively worse than Fern. All of them are responsible, either directly or indirectly, for the deaths of people. And they're accessories to the deaths of hundreds or thousands in the backstory. The fact that each of them regretted their choices does not matter. They still made them. The people they killed are still dead. Fern is a pretty shitty person. But compared to any of the people above, he's a barely a blip. And compared to the far, far worse members of Team Meteor like Sirius, Blake, and Solaris he's completely harmless.

Basically, you should view Fern the way Hardy treated him in Aya's gym. As someone who's pretty pathetic and kind of a joke.

16 minutes ago, wcv said:

Florinia is not dead. I don't think there's a scenario in-game where she can die, yet.

Yeah ik what i meant was that he woudnt of cared that she died or not. He stepped aside and was like, " i dont give a fuck, later!"

• 2 weeks later...

(Haven't played through the entire game cuz I have given up on the Glass Factory battle)

Okay so I am not gonna be too popular with my pics but oh well

Also since Team Meteor memebers are brought up already I won't bring them up

Amaria

Spoiler

Okay. Hear me out. I know she is depressed. I actually fully and personally understand what depression does to your head. I'm not coming after her because of that. I actually feel bad for her because she clearly has never had anyone hear her out or stayed as long as Titania has.
But for the love of God, she is a terrible partner. Being depressed is one thing but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for her actions. I understand Reborns characters aren't so much characters you help fixing their problems cuz it's none of your business, but this one actually made me upset. Especially since I have been in that situation myself where I was Titania. This chapter of the game is both my favorite but also the one I find the most uncomfortable. There is no sugar coating what Titania had to go through with Amaria. How she clings on to this broken relationship cuz otherwise she sees nothing worth living for. How she is just one step away from the edge and the only thing holding her back is Titania. But a broken relationship is just that. Broken. At one point or another, it will break completely. And both Amaria and Titania will have to live with the concequences of that. And come to terms with the fact that they just aren't good for each other.

I think the worst part of this all is that I don't want to dislike Amaria. I think she can be a good person if she just got some help. We actually see glimpses of whom she COULD be too, which makes it more bitter to witness her later on.
Sure, she hasn't murdered anyone (although almost) like Team Meteor but I think the emotional and mental trauma she has (un)intentionally caused Titania is bad as well and doesn't really get....talked as much as I feel like it should....again she ain't evil. Just a very flawed person

Serra

Spoiler

So I know that she shows up in the Glass Factory but I dunno is there is more exploration of her character or not since she isn't as developed as the others, so I'll base on what I do know from the chapter involving her.
Serra is...........vain. She clearly seems more fixiated on her looks and her status as a model than raising her own child properly. Bennett is a complete creep, but who knows if he would've been like this had Serra just....cared about him more. I mean, I dunno about you, but when her son left, her reaction to it seemed so....passive aggressive. "I should be happy for him" ...it doesn't sound like she cares that her son just ran off with a complete stranger. Sure, she doesn't know that Elias is bad news, but still....
Also the way she completely shuts down Bennett when he starts talking about his interest in bugs.....I mean poor guy seems to have self-esteem issues. You're not really making it better by showing him how little you care about his passion. Hey, I'm not into bugs, but I'd happily listen to his ramblings cuz seems no one else is willing too, including his own mom.

I guess those two (aside from Meteor characters) would be my pick. But to be honest, even I think Serra and Amaria are bad, I think they're perfect characters for this story. I love Reborns story cuz the characters are flawed. And you, as a protagonist, only gets to see slices of these peoples lives. You never fix anything into perfection. You're just there witnessing their lives. It feels so much more realistic and sad that way. That you can't do anything about these peoples lives. You can try, but at the end of the day it's mostly up to them what happens going foward.

So yeah........guess that's it?