About to fight Noel, how well do you think I'll do?

Shirokodaki

Infernape lv 55

Close Combat

Shadow Claw

Acrobatics

Fire Pledge

Palossand lv 55

Shore Up

Earth Power

Hypnosis

Shadow Ball

Meowstic lv 55

Signal Beam

Shadow Ball

Light Screen

Psychic

Ribombee lv 51

Draining Kiss

Aromatherapy

Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance

Noivern lv 55

Dragon Pulse

Roost

Boomburst

Air Slash

Blastoise lv 55

Rain Dance

Water Pulse

Skull Bash

Aura Sphere

Edited by Shirokodaki
  • Like 1

I was surprised by how easy Noel was as a fight for me, but by "easy", I mean "I lost less than ten times to him before I won". I think your team looks like it is probably hypothetically capable of winning, but that's an incredibly vague statement for me to make. At the minimum, this looks like a team that won't win the first round with him? I hope that's not rude of me to say?

(I think it might be capable of winning, but if it is, you probably need to be going in with a solid idea of what Noel'll throw at you and how to counter it, I think? I'm not sure. Good luck!)

Yeah Thats what i meant i just was too lazy to elaborate

Noel is Strong for a Normal user, which means hes strong for the weak. 

If you want heres his team, hope this helps:

image.png.b691e6de04b6d402bce052451c4a0549.png

image.png.8d3f5ea424d6acc42f3f7122207bd8f8.png

image.png.eed04ccdaa5d129098cca2f0afc915b9.png

Edited by Dark Champion

Also, while it's not like the area effect is actively detrimental, it's not terribly advantageous for him, unlike a lot of gym fields, which means you don't need to make a counter-tactic around the field he's using. He's not just relatively easy because "normal type is a bad type", though his team could definitely be scarier. (He doesn't have proper home field advantage is what I'm trying to say.)

I think a strong fighting pokemon could be a nice addition for this fight in particular. I don't see your Ribombee or even Blastoise being useful there, so consider using Scrafty or Toxicroak instead. Moxie Scrafty destroys half of Noel's team and is bulky enough to survive. And Toxicroak will murder that annoying Clefable with poison jab. Also you miss a strong pokemon to take care of Swellow which can be really annoying and reck your strategy with U-Turn. Consider a spokemon like Eelektrik, who doesn't have any weakness and learn the super usefull Thunderbolt and Acid spray (evolve after that of course, lvl 49),

Alright, after a couple of tries, I've realised that Clefable is a major pain -_- I tried to set up Quiver Dances, but I didn't do enough damage to even wittle his HP after both the healing from the grass and Ingrain. I also don't have that many steel types besides a Mawile in my box, and I'm not sure if any of the move tutors have steel moves to teach.

3 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Yeah if you look at my reborn team, see my Eeelektross. Yeah. Thats because of Noel. GO GET AN EELEKTROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!!@!!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where do I catch one though?

Clefable is a Special Wall, setting up quiver dance is not really useful as you want to hit it with strong physical attack, not special attack. Nidoking or Toxicroak learn Poison Jab which should be enough to beat it if you don't have good steel pokemon. If the grassy terrain is a problem, change it ! Get a pokemon with Electric terrain move or destroy it with Flamthrower or Lava Plume for example. Alternatively, just cheese it with Destiny Bond (Sharpedo should have it as egg move if you joined Aqua), Perish Song (Murkrow), Toxic (Roserade, use focus stash if you get 1-shot)... No shame doing that if you can manage the rest of the team with your other pokemon.

Edited by Silkerin
typo

Arcanine with Close Combat is good here, I highly recommend that.

Magneton and Alola Golem are good too if you don't have an Eelektross. I don't wanna be repeating the suggestions above, they are all on point.

There are a lot of fighting types you can choose from, like Medicham, also Malamar learns Super Power.

What else, Swoobat can setup in this battle. And Ditto can become Cinccino, you could give it a King's Rock too.

And lastly, if you care about relationship points don't burn or poison the field.