Chapter 10 - Flora Fight Tips? (SPOILERS)

Stuput

Hey all!

I've been struggling a lot with the Flora fight at the End of Chapter 10. I'm currently playing on Normal difficulty.

Main issue has really been her Ludicolo who none of my team seem capable of taking on. I'm curious which Pokémon in the grass nearby I should consider training up or giving specific move sets to? Or any other specific tips which'll help get me through this part of the game? Thanks!

My way of dealing with Flora was to change the field. I use my trusty Pyukumuku with Purify for that. Of course, the field then changes to Forest if you do that, and that's still to her advantage, but it changes how seeds work and makes steel more useful. Cuts down on a lot of the nonsense she does. If you had a weather setter like A-Ninetales, you could stop the super speed Ludicolo. It's only a problem because of the rain. A steel type resists its moves normally, but not on this field. I preferred using my Magnezone, which required me to purify the field. 

Unfortunately if you don't have a way to purify the field or deal with the rain, I'm not sure you have a lot of options since you're trapped here. I can only recommend not using fire types, as the field and weather combo makes them extreme liabilities. Other than Cinderace and its ability to not be a fire type, of course. Flying types are useful here if you don't change the field. I think the best way to go if you don't have the aformentioned strategies available to you is to use the field to your advantage. The nearby pokemon almost all can do that. Offensive teams are better to use IMO. Defensive things just lets her get ready to abuse you. 

One of my main MvPs on that fight is a Talonflame with Acrobatics and Gale Wings as his Ability, mainly to deal with her annoying Swift Swim mons like the Ludicolo
I don't exactly remember her full roster since I tend to fight Florin more often but I think she has an annoying strat using Grass Whistle(?) so just equip a Chesto Berry on your mons and she should refrain from using it, as for the rest of the team, don't bother with Fire moves, the infinite rain in that field will not help at all, Dark and Fairy moves are boosted as well so take that as you will but usually Flying types are a better option, except for her Cradili, in that case a bulky Toxic user, preferably with Prankster, should be a good idea, also remember, in Rain moves like Thunder and Hurricane become 100% accurate so here's a little hint hint, if you have saved 3 Rare Candies you can also get yourself a Noivern, just remember to use 3 Reverse Candies after so he actually obeys you