One more attempt to figure out Madame X identity [Spoilers, obviously]

Cyphre

my theory is Crescent for one part at the beginning it sent to the protagonist to the base of team xen which means she is connected to them somehow. first the she knew he was the interceptor from the start  second the hair and eyes match and another thing is we don't know her full team we dont know a few others but crescent has the most mystery around her she is my main suspect  but she also does not want to kill the protagonist so why were they after him so early team xen they couldnt of know he was the interceptor at that point so in theory it has to be crescent because she wants to protect him 

• 3 weeks later...

This  IS UNRELATED but there was a theory that the yeveltal that keeps reappearing alongside Madame X and Melanie as well being Vitus as they both call it Father. This could confirm the idea that Madame X is definitely one of the Archetype kids. But one thing I've questioned is the significance of Xerneas to the story.

While there have been no mention of it officially, many of you would remember that Xerneas used to appear before the title screen and was the client icon in previous versions of the game. There is a possibility that this was intentional because Jan mau plan to make Xerneas significant to the story in later on.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:10 AM, Hatterixxx said:

But one thing I've questioned is the significance of Xerneas to the story.

While there have been no mention of it officially, many of you would remember that Xerneas used to appear before the title screen and was the client icon in previous versions of the game. There is a possibility that this was intentional because Jan mau plan to make Xerneas significant to the story in later on.

a little hint... go into the graphics folder and then open the battlers folder. Scroll down until you reach the Xerneas Sprites.

46 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

a little hint... go into the graphics folder and then open the battlers folder. Scroll down until you reach the Xerneas Sprites.

I don't know if that necessarily means anything cause Ana is also grouped with the Magnezone sprites and the Puppet Master is grouped with the Darkrai sprites.

4 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

It got nothing to do with the story, it just means some custom fights are reskins of this pokemon essentially. 

47 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

It got nothing to do with the story, it just means some custom fights are reskins of this pokemon essentially. 

The sprite being there isn't entierly unrelated. Considering Nim's connection to Nymiera and all. Still don't think it means anything story wise

• 1 month later...

Look what I just stumbled across

IMG_8459.thumb.jpeg.c40bb3aedb95b8695e476161e411e4bb.jpeg

*First of all, have to clarify it's a commission, so not official, and to be fair, also have to provide the link for it. 

Thing was, at the time, I just found it and shared it, so as I stated to Zumi before, wasn't personal or nothing, just sharing what I had stumbled across

• 3 months later...

Personally, I think the theory where Maria is Madame X is the most accurate. 

Look at it: Maria tried to do something in the Marble Mansion just after gifting us our third badge, but Vitus is very alive and well in our present, so it would imply it failed. The mansion was also refurbished into Chrysolia Hotel (seen in WLL) and that's why Karen thought the Hidden Library could be there. 

So with an uncounscious Maria, Vitus extracted the archetype and put it into another being (Melia). Melia was probably frozen in time until the conditions to use the archetype were met, but someone (Storm Chasers) freed Melia and gave her to Jenner, who was coincidentally (or not) also rescued in the fire that got Tesla's family exiled (no one could find his body because he changed realms). 

Having no archetype, the original Maria was vulnerable to brainwashing by Vitus, and would now be a faithful follower of her "father", having her original black hair. She could also have her own plan brewing, having no choice but to chase after Melia to recover what was once hers. 

She didn't want Melia to use the Archetype power, as it meant to waste its power on some "meaningless" missions, so she said that she never hoped to see the events of Blacksteple Castle. She could also have some knowledge about her Genesis Syndrome and knows that overusing the archetype could end Melia's life, and she needs her alive 

It's also interesting that in the new version of Terajuma, Angie (Vitus) does something to Melia, which makes her talk backwards and like it's someone (Maria?) trapped somewhere (a pocket dimension made to break her mind, maybe the prologue), whom the Interceptor (MC) has betrayed at least once. This betrayal could mean that the creation of Madame X was necessary for the current present to happen (fixing our mistakes), so even tough MC could have changed something, they let Vitus extract the archetype from Maria

On 6/20/2024 at 10:30 PM, anonymus2000 said:

Personally, I think the theory where Maria is Madame X is the most accurate. 

Look at it: Maria tried to do something in the Marble Mansion just after gifting us our third badge, but Vitus is very alive and well in our present, so it would imply it failed. The mansion was also refurbished into Chrysolia Hotel (seen in WLL) and that's why Karen thought the Hidden Library could be there. 

So with an uncounscious Maria, Vitus extracted the archetype and put it into another being (Melia). Melia was probably frozen in time until the conditions to use the archetype were met, but someone (Storm Chasers) freed Melia and gave her to Jenner, who was coincidentally (or not) also rescued in the fire that got Tesla's family exiled (no one could find his body because he changed realms). 

Having no archetype, the original Maria was vulnerable to brainwashing by Vitus, and would now be a faithful follower of her "father", having her original black hair. She could also have her own plan brewing, having no choice but to chase after Melia to recover what was once hers. 

She didn't want Melia to use the Archetype power, as it meant to waste its power on some "meaningless" missions, so she said that she never hoped to see the events of Blacksteple Castle. She could also have some knowledge about her Genesis Syndrome and knows that overusing the archetype could end Melia's life, and she needs her alive 

It's also interesting that in the new version of Terajuma, Angie (Vitus) does something to Melia, which makes her talk backwards and like it's someone (Maria?) trapped somewhere (a pocket dimension made to break her mind, maybe the prologue), whom the Interceptor (MC) has betrayed at least once. This betrayal could mean that the creation of Madame X was necessary for the current present to happen (fixing our mistakes), so even tough MC could have changed something, they let Vitus extract the archetype from Maria

Wasn't Ch. 3's Marble Mansion in a parallel universe? And I think that the person that cries for help and the one that accuses MC of betrayal in Terajuma are different people.

Also, if the Genesis Syndrome came from the Archetype being forcibly stripped from Maria and put into Melia, wouldn't M2 suffer from Genesis Syndrome in her universe as well, instead of getting it only after the switch with Melia?

Seriously, the more you think about Maria/Melia/Melanie/M2 in general the less anything about them makes sense.

Edited by dudeguyman

• 2 weeks later...

If we are still trying to guess, i'd say its 'Amber', specifically from a point in time after paragon and renegade route collapse into each other.

Why:

First i question if Madam X is actually actively trying to stop the MC, which is somewhat ambigious, since while standing in our way sometimes, she also saved us some times. Now why is that. I could guess 2 possibilities: Either she is actually trying to help us out bc of previous relations, or she NEEDS the Mc to do certain actions until a point in time in the near future to ensure her own existence.

Now, if she refers to her father she probably talks about deagan (also had interactions with clear), who seems to be set up to be still alive altough injured. The way WLL and in the maingame his role was highlighted seems very suspicious to me. She might meet him after the (failed) Raid.

The Raid, we know from some Dialogue by Melia has failed in some Timelines, however it seem Amber isn't planned to participate in it. Now when she said her Mother (Tesla in her case) died protecting her, could this happen during the release of Xenopurgis / the Rift Stakata? Maybe. She could have gotten the Soulstone from whatever was left of the squad around the MC after the Raid . (Since Timetravel via different Routes seem to exist, Cause and effect don't necessarily have to play out in Order). There are some more things; At the beginning She doesn't seem to recognize the MC, but we also know from the School of Nightmares that the MC looks different to everyone in the Main Cast, so the MC could have a Form she didn't know up to that point.

Kieran and Clear also talked about their Master (who could also have been Varya possibly) but the Name was garbled out. Garbled out like a Character hit by the Obliteration Spell...and well, who got hit by it?...

On the Paragon Route MC gets a Letter from Amber, and if we ignore for a second its just her soaping up for the MC a bit, what if in this letter is an actual explanation for some of whats going on? Also, at the Time of the Concert, she also has flashbacks from the doomed timeline. Madame X Armor was argued to prevent overlapping, which would be needed in both doomed and 'our' timeline, but also as seen by MC and Melia, overlapping doesn't happen in an instant, so there is some time before correction occurs. Now would correction also happen for a character that was 'Erased'?...

Now what would the Motive for that MadameX be...Since that Amber would have experienced both Paragon/Renegade and Doomed Timeline all ending up more or less Hopeless, she could act as a new 'Variable' in the entire Chain of Events to create a different Outcome. Until a certain Point After the Raid, her goals (to result in her existence) would coincide with Kieran and Clears Objective. There is also how Clear kinda guided Keta away from Tesla to Taelia in WLL, resulting in both Amber and Aelita existing how they are, both being needed (Aelita for Amethyst Grotto maybe).

If i'm right so far, i speculate that Renegade and Paragon Routes repeat after each other in a loop with only Melia escaping via the Paradox Gate, since the Plains of Dissonance Renegade ended pretty much where the Plain of dissonance Paragon route starts (Melia chasing after Aevis with a metal Rod and getting the situation turned on her, getting knocked out, only to awaken with the Paragon Melia Mind, getting dragged indoors by Aevis), It seems that on Paragon Route, Melia gets also switched for some slightly different Version of herself after interacting with the Pillar, altough not as extreme as M2. This Melia creating the Obliteration Spell, which M2 didn't even understand at first...

Possible Logic Holes: I have no fitting explanation where she got that yvetal, maybe showed up after witnessing basically all her friends and family dead, idk...

Locations: Some Locations wouldn't make much sense (Madame X Armor facility at amethyst cave?) but when you think where darchlight manor and Zone Zero are located on the map, in the past and present, i don't weight location accuracy that hard anymore...

Also the MC being required for Amber to become Madam X could make the Joke Ending of MC leaving for Hoenn at the beginning become canon as a previous reset Timeline...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2024 at 10:46 AM, dudeguyman said:

Also, if the Genesis Syndrome came from the Archetype being forcibly stripped from Maria and put into Melia, wouldn't M2 suffer from Genesis Syndrome in her universe as well, instead of getting it only after the switch with Melia?

Seriously, the more you think about Maria/Melia/Melanie/M2 in general the less anything about them makes sense.

It's possible that M2 did have Genesis Syndrome and it just didn't progress because time was frozen. The fact that she knows how to use Melia's archetype powers in the first place means she probably had experience. If Madame X is an alt universe or past version of Maria/Melia, her suit might have some type of system that prevents Genesis Syndrome from progressing. She could want Melia's light to get rid of it