Pokemon Radiation Reborn (Uranium Mod, EPISODE 19.16)

Fervis

Found a few more bugs, both in Tsukinami:

• The elder in the dojo will not challenge you even if you beat all of the ninjas in there. He will just repeat his initial dialogue.
  • Spoiler

Kaito will continually give you Mutios after you beat them, allowing you to get as many as you want.

9 hours ago, Eranana said:

Also, I can’t pick up the Y Mega Stone for Urshifu. Game shuts down when I do

Thats very weird. It is working for me though, did you download the whole game or just the patch?

Is anyone else having the same issue with picking up the Mega Stone In the Sanctuary?

7 hours ago, Eranana said:

It’s the one at the circus

There shouldn't be one at the circus anymore, I possible forgot to remove them before uploading.

You get the new one on Tsukinami village when you beat the fight in the Temple (Access to Tsukinami in front of Grand Hall, triggering an Event.)

Could be that the Event only triggeres with all 18 badges obrained, but i believe i did not add that restriction for testing purposes

A couple more minor issues I've found:

• Cursola and Runerigus both do not have a box sprite.
  • I haven't been able to find the Grookey egg in Chrysolia Forest. I don't think I've overlooked it, but could you tell me where it's supposed to be?
  • Titanice doesn't appear to spawn in the dive areas of Azurine Lake. I've checked each of the dive zones with a Magnetic lure, both inside houses and in the main areas. Does it have a specific section I may have missed it's supposed to pop up in?
  • Really small, but Harylect appears to spawn in Neo-Berryl Ward, not in Neo-Rhodochrine Jungle or Neo-Malcheous Forest, contray to what the guide says. 

Otherwise, all of the other Pokémon, aside from the bulk of the new legendarys (I haven't gotten that far yet lol), appear to all be obtainable in a manner that is balanced with the progression of the game. Nucleon does tend to absolutely wreck house when it gets the chance, and being able to get Seikamater before the E4 seems.... powerful. But I haven't tried it against them quite yet.

Even with these minor issues, I am absolutely loving the mod. Thank you for keeping it going! :)

Personally, I like being able to get seikamater before the elite 4. I also like and was suprised about how hard Fervis made it to get one. It is extremely difficult to get due to how rare the pokemon that it evolves from are to find and the location of the evolution item being hidden behind a puzzle that many will either not take the time or effort to figure out or just not know about at all, not to mention you also have to raise one of those weak bug type pokemon all the way to level 45 before you can use the item on them. I only found 3 of them in around 10 hours of actively searching for one with halfway decent ivs and I have only encountered 5 of them in over 120 hours of playtime. If I had to guess their encounter rate is around 1/1500 due to them being rare themselves how rare the females are. To find a single one of those bugs that can evolve into it is probably going to take you around 3 to 4 hours of searching. Also it is around the same tier powerwise as nuclear ninjask, gothetelle, xenoqueen, the new nerfed nucleon, inflagetah, cinderace, and blazekein, and you can get all of them around the same time or earlier for much less effort.

Edited by Ultimas Prime
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really happy that you all enjoy it and that the distribution of pokemon seems fair. Of course, if there are suggestions I want to hear them!

For the bug reports:

On 10/21/2022 at 7:10 PM, Eranana said:

I beat the defensive guy in the dojo at the village, and as he headed back he stopped and the game softlocked.

Will be fixed with the next update! Does the guy reach his spot or is the game freezing while he is walking?

On 10/22/2022 at 2:03 AM, KenBrandon said:

A couple more minor issues I've found:

• Will add the missing sprites!
  • The Grookey Egg is / should be in the Chrysolia Forest's train. It's directly beneath the fountain, behind a tree that disappears when you touch it. So where the Maractus / Cacnea Egg was previously.
  • Titanice actually is not obtainable in the encounters list o.o . A mistake from my side (yet again). Will be added!
  • Will update the guide with Harylect, thanks!

12 hours ago, Fervis said:

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm really happy that you all enjoy it and that the distribution of pokemon seems fair. Of course, if there are suggestions I want to hear them!

For the bug reports:

Will be fixed with the next update! Does the guy reach his spot or is the game freezing while he is walking?

• Will add the missing sprites!
  • The Grookey Egg is / should be in the Chrysolia Forest's train. It's directly beneath the fountain, behind a tree that disappears when you touch it. So where the Maractus / Cacnea Egg was previously.
  • Titanice actually is not obtainable in the encounters list o.o . A mistake from my side (yet again). Will be added!
  • Will update the guide with Harylect, thanks!

He freezes one tile away from his spot

And a new update is up ~

• titanice can now be found in azurine lake when using dive (in the kelp underwater)
  • missing icon / sprites added
  • for the dojo issue, please tell me if it works! i have no available save file to reach there so i cannot try it out myself right now.

Other things: 

• Some changes to the pokemon teams of Shelly, Cain, Ace and Taka
  • Ability adjustments/ additions (please tell me your opinion wether these might be OP or bad)
  • Slow Start lasts 4 turns, and while in effect the defensives are doubled until it gets itself together
  • Lightning Rod also boosts Attack when triggered
  • Battle Armor raises Defense by one after a stat drop
  • Shell Armor raises Sp. Defense by one after a stat drop
  • Sniper crit damage boost doubled (from +50% to +100%)
  • Tangled Feet doubles evasion while confused (rather than 50%)
  • Forewarn doubles Speed on Psychic Terrain (like Telepathy)
  • Big Pecks also prevents Sp. Defense to drop
  • and Wonderguard doubles Speed as long as it is Shedinja

• Like 1

Hey! I was curious as to how the mons changed between this and Uranium for personal obsessive reasons (also because I'm working with Uranium mons on another project), did you have changes other than Ability ones? I know there's some moveset updates and I was just gonna run a diff between the pokemon.txt files (once i've sorted it to uranium dex order naturally) and I can provide that for your reference doc when I'm done if you want

image.png.dac1c9362b2c5fb7ecdecca9c902d71a.png

Here's one weird thing I noticed so far, where the Speed EVs given out in Uranium by Raptorch are for some reason switched to Special Defense (unless your Essentials version for some reason reads stats in a different order for EV yield only?)

Edited by futuresushi

I like the all of the ability changes but Regigigas's. I like the idea of making him a super tank but the double defense buff does not help as much as you might think due to how bad the movepool is. 700 defensive stats and 424 hp at level 100 is a massive amount of stats until you release the thing can't recover at all besides leftovers and drain punch (which does almost nothing under slowstart), has no protect, gets outsped by everything but pokemon with less than 27 base speed (which is slower than slowbro), and does not even hit as hard as a torchic. The best pokemon I can think of comparing it to would be an eviolite chansey without any healing moves or seismic toss. The main problem is the ivs and evs get halved with slow start as well. If we look at its match ups against other pokemon with the new defense boost it will lose to most tank pokemon due to it almost always being outsped and having no healing moves or ways to deal with status effects, it will lose to most sweeper pokemon due to it not being able to punish them for setting up besides toxic or thunder wave and not being able to out heal their damage, it will lose to most wall breakers due to it having low speed and no healing moves to help it take more hits, and it will even lose to most support pokemon due always being outsped and to not having a way to punish them besides status effects which are predictable since it literally can do nothing else and can easily be countered by a single substitute or taunt. 4 turns is more than enough time for most offensive pokemon to defeat or tank/support pokemon to cripple it because it does not know any stall moves but confuse ray, thunderwave, and substitute and its substitute will almost always go after your opponent's attack. Not to mention all of those status effects take up move slots. Due to the gen 7 paralysis nerf, even with the enemy under paralysis and max speed investment and ivs it still will get outsped by around 50 percent of fully evolved pokemon. 

Edited by Ultimas Prime

On 10/24/2022 at 5:45 AM, Fervis said:

The Grookey Egg is / should be in the Chrysolia Forest's train. It's directly beneath the fountain, behind a tree that disappears when you touch it. So where the Maractus / Cacnea Egg was previously.

Ah, I installed the mod after I went through the forest. My bad. D:

16 hours ago, futuresushi said:

Hey! I was curious as to how the mons changed between this and Uranium for personal obsessive reasons

Hey! Sadly, I cannot tell you what exactly I changed. However, most of these changes I did were rather uncomplicated. I would really appreciate if you share your reference doc for a good overview!

• Growthrate changed for some Pokemon. I recall having errors due to an evolution having a different rate, giving it negative experience after evolving
  • The Movepool (as you mentioned) was mostly for Reborn's balancing issues
  • EV changes for some Pokemon that have rather unfitting ones (Metalynx I believe gives 2 Sp.Atk EVs, despite Sp.Atk being quite low of a stat for it. I also recall always forgetting changing it specifically for Metalynx o.o)
  • I changed the order of some Pokemon (example the bugs and Seikamate to have them all together)
  • I gave some Pokemon different abilities. I like to have different, and particulary similar in efficiency, abilities for Pokemon to allow different playstyles (Corsoreef as example)

I think that's all I can think of right now. I also removed the lvl 45 restriction for Seikamater evolution (but placed the item into mid-game/ department store)

16 hours ago, Ultimas Prime said:

I like the all of the ability changes but Regigigas's

Generally it is a realy unfortunate ability as a whole. How about this:

• 3 turns, does not reduce attack stat at all (2 turns on electric terrain)
  • while slow start is active, halves speed but doubles defenses
  • adding protect to its learnable moves

With this you have a slow fortress with high Attack (a bit similar to conkeldurr but way more bulk) that's able to at least stall one turn. Afterwards it is on a legendary level regarding its stats, as it properly should. It could be a bit too much defense in this time window though.

I will also take a look at Archeops ability probably while I'm at it. I doubt to touch Slaking though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rule9730 said:

I think 3 turns is good but no attack reduction is too op. Maybe it having only 75% of its attack. Have you changed talonflame's ability? Also you're only planning on changing abilities no stat changes right?

I don't think I will change gale wings (if you mean this) as it already is quite a good ability and has synergy with terrain (mountain field etc.)

I'd also like to make stat changes to stats. However, it depends on wether people want that or not. I would mostly switch points around and keep their base stat total.

For instance, I changed Empoleons stat on another test copy for myself (changed Atk and Sp.atk for better synergy with its many physical moves and also Defiant), but again, some may not like this so a survey or a poll would be necessary.