Predict the Next Person to Post

Gyaradoskiller

Nope.

Today. Freaking. Sucked. Basically, today I found out I actually failed my Computer Architecture course from the third semester, even though, up until about 2 hours ago there was clearly a "5" where my grade was (We use a system of 1-10, 5 being "Enough to pass". Yeah, that was a thing that was rough for many of us). Today I was asked "Why are you not coming to talk about the debt you've got?" Let's just say there was a lot of arguing, even a bit of shady dealings where I left temporarily, then when I came back and re-checked my grade it was changed to a "4".

Tomorrow I'm going to have to pay a visit to the examinator and ask what the hell is going on. Worst-case scenario it will turn out I do, in fact, have a debt and will need to pay over 180 euros to re-take the course (Because of course this is one of those things you can't take as an extern). And the worst part of it all is that, until today, I thought I didn't have a debt.

Lugruf?

We have the same system here, although we don't pay for the exam. I personally ask them to fail me if the grade is below 7 (or 8 sometimes), since I'm not fine with it and it motivates me to work harder next time. Right now I have to retake 3 exams, but I'm fine with it, since I can always make time to study them further. Don't worry. Your case is complete and utter BS, so bother them as much as you can. Maybe they'll realise their mistake.

Come back here and comment.

It's meant to accept input of prices for a number of items (as in a shop checkout) and find a total based on certain other variables like whether the customer has a loyalty card or a voucher. Unfortunately, we have to use a different method (container) for each one, and I don't know properly how to transfer multiple values into and out of a method. The teacher didn't explain it especially helpfully...

Anstane?

Hm...given some time I could do something that would fit the criteria. Except I don't quite have the time. Sorry.

Okay, I know I stay up on my phone long after saying I am off to sleep, but now I really need to do that. Sleep, that is.

Lugruf?

You probably need an interface class and each different thing you need to pass inherit from it. That way, if you have a method that takes a reference to the base class, you can pass any object from a derived class to it (I don't know if you've seen inheritance already). You can this way also have a homogeneous container with all the objects inheriting from the base class

also C# is trash

Spine?

Edited by Lugruf

Mean Lugruf >:(

So you said a different method. Do you mean a function of a class for each item? Like a class named Item and int Banana? Cause that seems really easy. If you need to programmically generate a container for each item (as in you don't know what the item name is when it's input), you could try to use a linked list as long as they follow the same format. Another option is some sort of table, like a hash table or SQL table, but that might be more work than you need.

Was that any help Spine?

While I appreciate your help, guys, the terminology is a bit beyond me. The course has yet to actually discuss classes (the order of teaching has basically went WriteLine -> declaring and initializing variables -> loops -> If statements -> do While statements -> Methods -> 1-D Arrays -> execution handling. Probably missed some stuff but whatever.)

Given what I've actually been taught I would expect I'm to make use of 'out' in my methods but it was working kind of weirdly. Didn't seem totally efficient.

Lugruf?