Predict the Next Person to Post

Gyaradoskiller

8 hours ago, Dragon116 said:

That's pretty damn impressive. Did you use loop unrolling or something else?

Nah. It's all about understanding cache memory. For some reason, std::map is implemented using linked lists (it's actually a binary tree but the thing's that each node is allocated separatelly). That means that every jump from a node to another, both when searching and when iterating has a very high chance of being a cache miss. If we take into account that a querying data from the RAM takes more or less 100 times more than from the cache, the std::map wastes a huge amount of time just waiting for data. My implementation just makes a better use of cache memory, by making all the sorting and searching algorithms happen in a chunk of contiguous memory. You can take a look at the code here if you're interested: https://bitbucket.org/Lugruf/cache_friendly_map

Dragon?

I am busy from when I sleep until I get home from work. Then I log in  here and see stuff.

I also have attempted to read that code, and I am lost in a lot of it. Generics in C++ have left me lost due to the raw syntax. C# and Java don't seem nearly that hard from the examples I have done and seen.

Lugruf?