Feraligatr

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

Mael's Godzilla

Feraligatr (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Encourage
EVs: 4 HP / 100 Atk / 52 Def / 100 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

All this speed lets him outspeed a lot as is, and a mixture of defenses and attack will let him easily survive the one or more hits you'll take while setting up the DD for overpoweredness. Encourage is perfect for this guy, as it powers up its already power STAB Waterfall as well as his incredibly awesome anti- air/ground/dragon/grass ice punch. No chance of flinch or freeze anymore, but the target is probably dead anyways. Earthquake perfectly rounds out the move set to kill off those pesky electrics foes think will get the drop on him- with just one DD, he outspeeds anything that isn't boosted/scarfed as well. He especially likes switching in and setting up on fellow water types, the Lum berry lets him set up without having to worry about the usual killjoys- burn, parahax, confusion, toxic, and random freezes.

Beware of Flo's broken spore/clear smog fungus. >>

• 9 months later...
same^ but i use Crunch in place of EQ
I find Crunch a little more useful on my team... it has around the same power as EQ... maybe more...
reason i run crunch is because of one reason... Jellicent... i hate that thing SOO much... it hurts my team SOO bad... so my Gatr says... F U JELLY I NOM YOU UP!!! ... and ... it does...

• 2 months later...
[Swords Dance]
[Feraligatr] (M/F) @ [Life Orb]
Trait: [Torrent]
EVs: [252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP]
[Nature] Adamant
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall/Ice Punch
- Return

[While Dragon Dance allows the user to receive both Speed and Attack, Swords Dance instead emphasizes attack, sacrificing more speed. This allows three types of Pokemon to be successful; those that are naturally very fast, those that have bulk to take punishment, and those that have powerful STAB priority. Feraligatr is such a Pokemon; Swords Dance Gatr relies heavily on Aqua Jet; to ensure max power Adamant nature and Life Orb are utilizard. Beyond that, Waterfall is the main choice, however, Ice Punch is also feasible. Return rounds the set out with a powerful, neutral on most move. Other possible options include Brick Break, which hits Steels hard, Earthquake which does the same, and Crunch, a fairly powerful neutral move that complements Return. In any case, reliance on Aqua Jet severely hinders your coverage; thus powerful netural moves are desired to maximize your attack boosts. For abilities, Torrent is recommended, as Both Aqua Jet and Return do no tbenefit from Sheer Force, only your final move will. Torrent will give your Aqua Jet a great power boost should you fall low, and to Waterfall as well if you select it. For EVs, you can also transfer Speed EVs to HP to increase your bulk; however it will only make you more reliant on Aqua Jet. If you do so wish to use, say, Crunch, remember that Sheer Force is still possible.]

• 1 month later...
Feraligatr (M/F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

With sheer force life orb dose no damage to you plus its extra boost with both on you. Dragon Dance boost much needed speed and attack is just a bonus. It also has range and deals with 8 out of 17 types so its a very good move set. Its normal damage covers all 17 types so it is highly likely to win battles for you.

hey rock, I run that same set in the league... only thing cept... well...

Maelstrom (Feraligatr) M @Leftovers/Life Orb
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch/Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Dragon Claw

Origianally i used to run Carracosta... but i was missing something... a way to deal with Jellicent... so i added Feraligatr to my team! he also is really effective against most leaders in the league
With Sheer Force in effect;
Waterfall has ~ 140 Power
Crunch has ~ 100 Power
and Ice Punch ~ 100 power...
reason i prefer icepunch over fang is because of a slight attack boost!

Feraligatr is a beast in the league, thought I don't use Crunch or Ice Punch, I realized a few days ago that I only had one Ice type move. That left me thinking I should've used Ice Punch instead of Rock Slide. :angry:

[quote name='Dominus' timestamp='1332388449' post='28977']
hey rock, I run that same set in the league... only thing cept... well...

Maelstrom (Feraligatr) M @Leftovers/Life Orb
Evs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch/Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Dragon Claw

Origianally i used to run Carracosta... but i was missing something... a way to deal with Jellicent... so i added Feraligatr to my team! he also is really effective against most leaders in the league
With Sheer Force in effect;
Waterfall has ~ 140 Power
Crunch has ~ 100 Power
and Ice Punch ~ 100 power...
reason i prefer icepunch over fang is because of a slight attack boost!
[/quote]

Nice and he is very versatile :)

Blue Bouncer (Feraligatr) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Tail

No generic dragon dance here. <3 Start off with the SD, the provided bulk should keep him alive for a while against something not SE against him. Then this "Guardian" has the opportunity to 1/2HKO the offending pokemon with Aqua Jet, or phaze them out with Dragon Tail. Ice Punch for coverage.

Feraligatr (M) @ Liechi Berry

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 SDef / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

A berry set. Start off with Agility and start off by sweeping or subbing. Once you lose enough and use enough subs, Liechi will probably activate so you can finally do some major sweeping. Waterfall for main stab and killing anything that takes water neutrally, and Ice Punch for coverage against Grass, since Electric types are mostly not defensively built. So no earthquake.