Rejuvenation v13.0.5 - More Regional Forms (Hisuian Forms, More Regional Variants, Battle Bond, & New Megas)

AsNKrysis

On 6/27/2023 at 2:50 AM, Rezwan DE REAPER said:

One question - I couldnt debug in typhlosionite in the game i was wondering if it's not in the game?

Due to the buggy compiler of Rejuvenation's current version, any new moves and items added by this mod cannot be added in through debug unless you recompile the data again. It's not necessarily difficult to do, but you'll have to do it every single time you re-open the game.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KingCritz said:

I noticed one of the docs said that Jangmo-o was added to the egg list. Is there another doc that has other changes like? New gym teams or boss battle teams and such?

At some point I can make a document listing those, but at the moment I've mostly forgotten what I added to who. So that might not be coming soon.

30 minutes ago, KingCritz said:

Did you happen to add a Dark Rock to extend Noctem to the mining rock? I couldn't find it in debug and I saw your message about that above so I was just curious.

Currently no, I don't know how to adjust the mining tables so currently it's only available in GDC Department of Dreams.

7 hours ago, uj9 said:

Anyone know how to fix this? 

image.png

I'm really unsure of what's causing that. Can you recall exactly what happened in that battle? The code that the error is pointing towards is the currently unused Rage Fist mechanic, however I'm unable to recreate that in my own testing.

16 hours ago, AsNKrysis said:

I'm really unsure of what's causing that. Can you recall exactly what happened in that battle? The code that the error is pointing towards is the currently unused Rage Fist mechanic, however I'm unable to recreate that in my own testing.

It usually happens every time a pokemon uses a move in battle this error would happen but the battle will continue like nothing happened. I would like to note that I am in the

Spoiler

Erin section of the game in Anju's Castle

7 hours ago, uj9 said:

It usually happens every time a pokemon uses a move in battle this error would happen but the battle will continue like nothing happened. I would like to note that I am in the

Hide contents

Erin section of the game in Anju's Castle

I can't seem to recreate that bug no matter what I try. I'll look more into it by the next update, but I apologize for the inconvenience currently.

5 hours ago, whyyu25 said:

Just a quick question, does the initial crest works with the alternate form ? Like the luxray crest with the luxray alt form ?

No, Crest functionality has been removed from all AltForms and Regional Variants.

36 minutes ago, jimkas said:

Before I waste a bunch of time, I would like to ask if it;s possible to breed a battle bond pokemon and if I am able to tell it's a battle bond pokemon before it fully evolves?

Yep, the hatched Pokemon will have a random chance of potentially receiving Battle Bond, which it will have but won't take effect until it reaches its final stage evolution.

6 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

Yep, the hatched Pokemon will have a random chance of potentially receiving Battle Bond, which it will have but won't take effect until it reaches its final stage evolution.

Is there any way to possibly know if the pokemon has battle bond, even through using stuff like debug mode?

3 minutes ago, jimkas said:

Is there any way to possibly know if the pokemon has battle bond, even through using stuff like debug mode?

It'll have Battle Bond in the summary menu.

The pre-evolutions can have Battle Bond as an ability, but they just don't do anything until they're at their final evo.

2 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

It'll have Battle Bond in the summary menu.

The pre-evolutions can have Battle Bond as an ability, but they just don't do anything until they're at their final evo.

Understood, thanks for answering so quickly

1 hour ago, jimkas said:

Non of them had battle bond

Screenshot 2023-07-16 001702.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unlucky man, sorry. It's scripted to get Battle Bond or not on creation, so you just have to keep trying. 

Eggs are coded to retain their parents' forms when they can (just like evolutions) so I don't think you can get a Battle Bond form by breeding a normal one. The 50-50 will be rolled only when you catch it in the wild or receive it as a gift.

That's why I added the functionality of changing forms with an item for the Ash-Greninja mod for Reborn. You could also make the 50-50 roll occur for eggs by tinkering with the code in PokemonDayCare.rb I think.

Edit: I had a look, I think the following should work:

Spoiler

Changing this line:

egg.form = mainparent.form unless egg.species == 479

to this:

egg.form = mainparent.form unless [479,PBSpecies::FROAKIE].include?(egg.species)

5 hours ago, Karvanha said:

Eggs are coded to retain their parents' forms when they can (just like evolutions) so I don't think you can get a Battle Bond form by breeding a normal one. The 50-50 will be rolled only when you catch it in the wild or receive it as a gift.

That's why I added the functionality of changing forms with an item for the Ash-Greninja mod for Reborn. You could also make the 50-50 roll occur for eggs by tinkering with the code in PokemonDayCare.rb I think.

Edit: I had a look, I think the following should work:

Hide contents

Changing this line:

egg.form = mainparent.form unless egg.species == 479

to this:

egg.form = mainparent.form unless [479,PBSpecies::FROAKIE].include?(egg.species)

Yep, that worked perfectly. This completely slipped my mind, though it figures that it makes sense for egg Pokemon to not randomize their forms on creation. I'll be sure to apply your fix to the next update. You've been a big help Karvanha, so thanks a bunch!