Fists of Friendship: Let your buddies fight your battles!

EvilMastermindofDoom

Too long, won't read: This mod adds the game's 39 main NPCs as obtainable Pokémon. Download Here.

Have you ever played Reborn and thought to yourself: "Man, I wish I could be the one to beat the shit out of my opponent's Pokémon?" No? Well, here it is anyway! Introducing:

FISTS OF FRIENDSHIP

- a Pokémon Reborn Mod -

What it is:

• Fists of Friendship is an entirely monkey coded Mod for Pokémon Reborn that adds 40 39 additional Pokémon, PokéMans if you will.
  • Each Character with a Backsprite within the base game has been added as its own species of Pokémon with:
    • Shiny Sprites!
    • Unique Dual Typing! (As in, none of the added Pokémon have the same type combination. Most of them use type combinations that are already used by some Pokémon.)
    • Three Abilities each!
    • 525 BST each! So they're all vaguely even.
    • Custom Movepools! Each Pokémon learns 23 moves via level up that should be more or less realistic for them to use. With one exception, they're also compatible with all HMs, in case you're a weirdo who doesn't use easyhms.
      • They cannot learn regular TM or Tutor moves (because I couldn't be arsed)
    • Cries! Technically.
  • The Mod adds a "Pager" Item, that can be obtained via any PokeMart. This Pager will allow you to add the new Pokémon.
  • It's a shitpost Mod. It's not gonna magically enhance your experience. It'll just be a little funny.

What it isn't:

• A Gameplay Mod. All this does is give you the option to add up to 40 characters to your team as Pokémon. You can technically play the entire game completely vanilla while using this mod.
    • This Mod does not change any battles, encounters, events, dialogue, existing Pokémon, etc.
  • Balanced. I'm gonna level with you. I don't know shit about Pokémon past type matchups. I just guessed what kinda moves would make sense or be neat to have. Base Stats are loosely based on existing Pokémon (on their team, if possible). Abilities were chosen by vibe alone.
  • Well-made. This is my first and only programming/modding experience. The duct tape around it should hold it in place enough to work without breaking anything, including itself, but I make no promises.
    • Since the Mod does not affect actual gameplay, there should not be any major issues.

You want it?

Go get it!                   

DOWNLOAD HERE

Compatibility:

I am working on assumptions here, but the Mod is not compatible with any Mod that adds Pokémon or Items past SwSh Maingame (up to Dex #890 and Item ID 873). It also will not work with any Mod that uses Switches 2231 - 2270.

Anything other than that might be fair game.

What can you do with it?

Once you have the Mod, you can: Play it, Look at it, Delete it, Email it to Nintendo HQ, put it on a flash drive and bury it in the desert, and so much more! You also have my full permission to edit this Mod to improve it or to create something entirely new out its parts. Go wild.

Find any bugs? Good luck with that! You can reach out to me on discord (@evilmastermindofdoom) but most likely, I won't know how to fix it either.

Thank Yous:

This wouldn't have been possible without:

• Haru's phenomenal Modding Tutorial
  • The following members of the Reborn Discord Server (Please tell me if you'd like to be credited under a different name):
    • Zenni for answering my silly questions
    • TGuilerrr for helping me troubleshoot and find some variables
    • Karvanha for crucial coding help
    • im jazz for compiling Anna's visions that inspired the according Shiny Sprites
    • Average for play testing
  • My friend Deb who showed me how to use a spreadsheet

Remember: To add any of the new "Pokémon", you need to pick up and use the Pager from a PokeMart!

Have fun!

Edited by Myril
Updated Mod to fix Stats
  • Like 2