Pokémon Reborn Yang Mod

TGuilerrr

On 6/21/2024 at 12:13 AM, Riku Sakuraba said:

Greetings, I happened upon found a few bugs that mainly come up on Arclight's fight. I'm doing a first run through of Yang's Intense Mode, and I can't progress since these two error messages come up. This mainly happens with Arclight's lead and at the end of every round. I'm patched up to

v2.2 so I think I should be up to date, but yeah. I'm having a fun time with everything so far. Thanks!

image.png?ex=667605ec&is=6674b46c&hm=112c91102bfdd74b95afeecdf1a180c48accb17fb79e76e548524a9081c11c7a&

image.png?ex=66760650&is=6674b4d0&hm=12140434cdef0f54d9604fcb8a33199047d28151389218b833980dddbe374191&

Hi, very sorry! This has been a known bug for a while now and it is fixed in v2.3 which should be out later today, unfortunately everyone uptil now who has encountered this thus far has been in the Discord so I have been able to give them a hotifx! 
Sorry for the problems, it'll be out later!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Intense mode there seems to be an issue with the EV allocation system and the PZ2 texture pack, the Pokémon summary mod in particular. When I go to allocate EVs by clicking on the EV screen, it instantly crashes my game. Taking out the Pokémon summary mod does let me allocate EVs without crashing, but if you know of a quick fix I can do for this I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Hey this might be a big ask, but is there a general walk through or something of the sort for this mod? I just got back to Reborn City after getting Fly and was exploring all the new stuff and happened upon the new floor of the library with the wandering spirit. I wonder/worry ive missed other hidden places that dont appear on the map or in the doc/spreadsheet. I did see that a few TMs are listed in the spreadsheet as being in Beryl Library after looking again, but no mention of the secret floor they are on.

Absolutely love this mod, and having access to the newer Pokemon and little hidden spots, youve done great work here! (Wiglett/Wugtrio event ended up being my second Pokemon caught, and has been immensely helpful with Liquidation and Triple Axel)

Thinking of trying this mod after playing Reborn since 2014, but I do have a few questions.

• How do level up/egg moves work for gens 1-7 mons?  Do older mons keep their USUM level/egg movepools and have TM/Level moves updated from gens 8/9 (for example, Kommo-o still keeps it's USUM levelup moves, but now also learns Clangerous Soul at level 60)?
  • Why exactly is standardEVs illegal for the monotype challenge if it makes it so you have to manually train mons and cannot respec without berries?    
  • How do new random encounters work?  Is it similar to AllGen where odds of gen 8/9 wilds are so low that you're effectively forced to use the Magnetic Lure to get new encounters, or does each new area have a brand new encounter table (for example, in the railnet it goes from 9/20/71% Stunky/Woobat/Noibat to, say 9/20/20/51% Stunky/Woobat/Shroodle/Noibat).

On 7/19/2024 at 9:45 PM, Slippery said:

Thinking of trying this mod after playing Reborn since 2014, but I do have a few questions.

• How do level up/egg moves work for gens 1-7 mons?  Do older mons keep their USUM level/egg movepools and have TM/Level moves updated from gens 8/9 (for example, Kommo-o still keeps it's USUM levelup moves, but now also learns Clangerous Soul at level 60)?
  • Why exactly is standardEVs illegal for the monotype challenge if it makes it so you have to manually train mons and cannot respec without berries?    
  • How do new random encounters work?  Is it similar to AllGen where odds of gen 8/9 wilds are so low that you're effectively forced to use the Magnetic Lure to get new encounters, or does each new area have a brand new encounter table (for example, in the railnet it goes from 9/20/71% Stunky/Woobat/Noibat to, say 9/20/20/51% Stunky/Woobat/Shroodle/Noibat).

Hi!

1. Currently gen 1-7 mons have USUM movepools for the most part, but some have added moves to their levelup sets to accommodate for the fact of gaining access to a new move or a move via mirror herb breeding for example. However, in v3.0 I am going to be redoing all of their movesets for the most part (pray for my sanity) to update to Gen 8/9 - depending on latest appearance - and to incorporate cut moves and past gen moves.

2. standardEVs is illegal for the challenge because it removes the EV cap and so means you have an advantage against the trainers who keep the EV cap up until level ~50!

3. New random encounters are very varied! Some encounters have a low percentage, or are at a specific time of day, similarly to All Gen. However, not all of them have this case - for example Nickit in one of the alleyways has a great encounter chance. Unfortunately, when you have ~900 Pokémon to fit in these maps there are some that are bound to be rarer than others, but the lowest possible probability is 2%, so it's not *too* bad. Furthermore, there are some new maps in Yang to allow for more encounter space for these Pokémon and so that helps keep the probabilities manageable!

Hey sorry to bother, thought I'd try to be the first clear of rock. What form of proof is necessary for fights pre elite 4 and what specific fights would you need proof of? I haven't bothered recording rivals or meteor, but I'm not sure if you wanted proof of those fights. 

Thanks!

After a certain point on intense difficulty, when you fight meteor member, every fight feel tedious. I think it should be toned down a little bit. Having 5 intense fight back to back is scary and I dont think it's fun. I really like the overhaul experience of the mods tho !

Edited by Hansei Eir

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 6:54 PM, Greedent said:

Hey sorry to bother, thought I'd try to be the first clear of rock. What form of proof is necessary for fights pre elite 4 and what specific fights would you need proof of? I haven't bothered recording rivals or meteor, but I'm not sure if you wanted proof of those fights. 

Thanks!

You don't need to record any fights besides the E4 also unfortunately every monotype has been completed but the creator hasn't updated the board yet

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I found a bug idk if its a known bug already. Whenever I try to look at the volcanic field (number 39) in pokegear this pops up. So far, that is the only field move that I experienced this. Not sure to those that I havent got yet. I use steam deck to play if that matters.

Screenshot_2024-09-01-10-10-09-524_com.miui.gallery.jpg