Potential Megas to be banned to Ubers

Gyaradoskiller

Normal Pokemon: Zord

Mega Form: Megazord

Mmpr-zd-megazord.jpg

Base Stats: #2stronk/#2stronk/#2stronk/#2stronk#/#2stronk

Movepool: So fucking huge it'd be a waste of time to even write it down

Why this mofo should be banned: Much like his brothers Ninja Megazord, Shogun Megazord, Thunder Megazord, and Dino Megazord, his powder is the a combination of all the components used to make him. With the combination of zords we're given in this form, there's no way anyone will be able to deal with it once it gets into battle mode. It's speed as well as attacking stats make it arguably the best sweeper in the game. However, his sweeping potential is multiplied by his access to Power Sword as seen here:

Power_Sword_%28Megazord%29.jpg

In addition to these fantastic sweeping stats, it's bulky as well due to its access to Mastodon Shield (If a parent was a Mastodonzord that is) as seen here:

Mammoth_Shield_MMPR.jpg

We can plainly see from these images above that Megazord MUST be banned to ubers before he absolutely crushes OU.

EDIT: Well played, Erick.

In Reborn's meta, Lucario, Gengar and Kangaskhan should have their megas banned. I've seen a decline in people playing Gengar, but:

- Lucario's Adaptability in his mega form with huge offenses and good Speed is way too strong, especially with the coverage that Steel / Fighting has. It can 2HKO literally everything in the game, and about 80% of the time doesn't need a boost. Adaptability also applies to some priority moves Lucario has on both the physical and special side.

- Kangaskhan's Parental Bond is, more or less, a 50% damage boost with no consequences (unlike Hustle) but applies added effects like Power-Up Punch twice. Not to mention his nice bulk and access to Sucker Punch to end sweepers before they can begin to do anything.

- Gengar would be banned because of Shadow Tag but I'm personally having fewer and fewer problems with it because it's still considerably frail. I'm on the fence here

Normal Pokemon: Zord

Mega Form: Megazord

Mmpr-zd-megazord.jpg

Base Stats: #2stronk/#2stronk/#2stronk/#2stronk#/#2stronk

Movepool: So fucking huge it'd be a waste of time to even write it down

Why this mofo should be banned: Much like his brothers Ninja Megazord, Shogun Megazord, Thunder Megazord, and Dino Megazord, his powder is the a combination of all the components used to make him. With the combination of zords we're given in this form, there's no way anyone will be able to deal with it once it gets into battle mode. It's speed as well as attacking stats make it arguably the best sweeper in the game. However, his sweeping potential is multiplied by his access to Power Sword as seen here:

Power_Sword_(Megazord).jpg

In addition to these fantastic sweeping stats, it's bulky as well due to its access to Mastodon Shield (If a parent was a Mastodonzord that is) as seen here:

Mammoth_Shield_MMPR.jpg

We can plainly see from these images above that Megazord MUST be banned to ubers before he absolutely crushes OU.

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen. And it's not trolling if you like it Flux.

Gengar for me isn't a threat because Malamar can easily beat it. I'm thinking of Scizor because of Bullet Punch hitting hard and being too strong with attack.

Edited by Magikarpkiller

Gengar isn't too much of a problem if you play against it correctly. I am not sure what Megas are like crazy op though, I have seen all of them get beaten pretty handily other than MegaKicken. Kangashan is pretty hard to deal with, not 100% keen on Scizor, but I get what you mean.

Gengar isn't too much of a problem if you play against it correctly. I am not sure what Megas are like crazy op though, I have seen all of them get beaten pretty handily other than MegaKicken. Kangashan is pretty hard to deal with, not 100% keen on Scizor, but I get what you mean.

People said the same thing as Shadow Tag Chandelure and look how that turned out. So long as it was around, things like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Skarmory has to run Shed Shell to stand a chance.

As for Mega Blaziken, if normal SB Blaze should be banned, that would by default make MegaBlaze banned.

Mega Kanga get's +2 Attack while also dealing damage twice each turn. That's pretty broken.

Mega Scizor in some cases isn't even worth using your Mega slot for. A lot of the time you'll want that for something that brings a different role to the team, whereas Mega Scizor is just Scizor but bulkier.

With Mega Lucario, there's a reason it's suspect on Beta right now. After 1 Nasty Plot it can 2HKO Eviolite Chansey. Keep that in mind.

Keep in mind we are playing in no preview so Pokemon who need to set up are at somewhat of a disadvantage. Personally the only mega which should be banned imo is mega gengar because of its ability to trap and kill phisical walls/ sweepers. Khang has the ability to sweep entire teams and over centralize the meta game so i can also see it being problematic especially having access to priority. Also it becomes unstoppable if passed attack and speed (via baton pass) so i would not mind it being banned (altho personally i have not had too many issues with it thus far).

I'm going to keep personal thoughts out of this, because it'd end up souring the air quite a bit. As far as I'm aware though; it was made public that the auth are currently under analysis of the subject and it was made clear to take the talking to a minimum. Might not of been my choice, but it's what was done.

I don't think mega gengar should be banned to uber because after rocks, he can be easily be knocked out by brave bird from gale wings Talon Flame, but mega kanga is just broken due to power up punch and parental bond, making it unwallable, and nearly impossible to revenge kill thanks to sucker punch, and the bulk is too much.

Seeing as Ame has put away the subject for Gen 6 changes and seeing as some people have access to the Poke Bank i'm going to assume that the staff of reborn is about ready to handle suggestions. Let's get this rollin'.

Mega Gengar

I'm going to be very brief with Mega Gengar. It's an upgraded version of ST Chandelure. Give it a different sub typing, less fire moves, more coverage in other types, more Special Attack, speed, and defense so where CB Scizor doesn't OHKO. That's Mega Gengar people.

Mega Kangaskhan

Again brief. Everyone in the world hates this thing and it's mostly due to it's raw power with Parental Bond and it's movepool. Return/Sucker Punch/Power-Up Punch/Fire Punch is a nightmare combo that even Mega Gengar couldn't check. It's obvious what to do with this guy.

Genesect

This one is interesting. Despite not being banned this generation why do I say that Genesect should be banned now? Genesect is a pokemon that ruins balance for other leads. Why use Rotom-W or Greninja when you can have a lead that's only crippling weakness is to one type? Also add in the fact that you can get Download boosts, have one of the most unpredictable movepool, and have a decent 99 Base Speed to work with. Genesect is purely a virus that never got patched. It's annoying, the community hates it, and frankly it gives Conficker a bad rep.

Deoxys-S

Simple, there is no pokemon like Deoxys-S. Deoxys-S boasts one of the greatest movepools in the game and to be granted immediate access to hazards. A known fact to all is that the Deoxys brothers are the most reliable entry hazard setup pokemon in the tier. While Deoxys-D isn't doing so hot right now i'm going to say it's not bannable. Unlike -D, -S has stats that it can work around to surprise people. Remember, Deoxys-S has access to Extremespeed, Fire Punch, Ice Beam, Psycho Boost, and various other forms of coverage. While 95 to both Attack and Special Attack isn't going to break any records, it's not like anybody is going to expect you to use an offensive set with Deoxys-S. Deoxys-D isn't bannable because I do think it's balanced. Deoxys-S kills the point of ever using Deoxys-D or even Custap Berry users such as Skarmory or Forretress.

Will post Part Two to Counters and Checks to each pokemon and explain further why these should be banned. :P Off to school~

Seeing as Ame has put away the subject for Gen 6 changes and seeing as some people have access to the Poke Bank i'm going to assume that the staff of reborn is about ready to handle suggestions. Let's get this rollin'.

Mega Gengar

I'm going to be very brief with Mega Gengar. It's an upgraded version of ST Chandelure. Give it a different sub typing, less fire moves, more coverage in other types, more Special Attack, speed, and defense so where CB Scizor doesn't OHKO. That's Mega Gengar people.

Mega Kangaskhan

Again brief. Everyone in the world hates this thing and it's mostly due to it's raw power with Parental Bond and it's movepool. Return/Sucker Punch/Power-Up Punch/Fire Punch is a nightmare combo that even Mega Gengar couldn't check. It's obvious what to do with this guy.

Genesect

This one is interesting. Despite not being banned this generation why do I say that Genesect should be banned now? Genesect is a pokemon that ruins balance for other leads. Why use Rotom-W or Greninja when you can have a lead that's only crippling weakness is to one type? Also add in the fact that you can get Download boosts, have one of the most unpredictable movepool, and have a decent 99 Base Speed to work with. Genesect is purely a virus that never got patched. It's annoying, the community hates it, and frankly it gives Conficker a bad rep.

Deoxys-S

Simple, there is no pokemon like Deoxys-S. Deoxys-S boasts one of the greatest movepools in the game and to be granted immediate access to hazards. A known fact to all is that the Deoxys brothers are the most reliable entry hazard setup pokemon in the tier. While Deoxys-D isn't doing so hot right now i'm going to say it's not bannable. Unlike -D, -S has stats that it can work around to surprise people. Remember, Deoxys-S has access to Extremespeed, Fire Punch, Ice Beam, Psycho Boost, and various other forms of coverage. While 95 to both Attack and Special Attack isn't going to break any records, it's not like anybody is going to expect you to use an offensive set with Deoxys-S. Deoxys-D isn't bannable because I do think it's balanced. Deoxys-S kills the point of ever using Deoxys-D or even Custap Berry users such as Skarmory or Forretress.

Will post Part Two to Counters and Checks to each pokemon and explain further why these should be banned. :P Off to school~

Topic is about Mega's,Tao. Genesect and Deoxys have no reason to be mentioned here. :P

As for my thoughts, I haven't really battled that much in Gen 6 myself. But from what I've seen from Wi-fi battlers, and the little experience I do have. I believe that Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Lucario, and Mega Gengar stand a good chance of being banned to Ubers. Honestly if any of those three don't get banned I will be surprised. The reasons have been mentioned above so I don't really need to explain.

Also Megazord OP, pls nerf. Do it for the children.

Why? Blaziken wasn't banned on Reborn in 5th, so why would it be in 6th? Megablaziken does the exact same thing. It even hits a little less, due to lack of Life Orb.

I'd be for no Mega Bans at all myself. Lucario gets killed by Aegislash, Khangaskhan...Why do people think it's op? It's pathetic speed and defenses are awesome. Aegislash can easily kill it. Mega Gengar...I've never had a problem with it tbh.

More than one Pokemon has to be able to answer to it in order for it to be considered okay for OU; but that's generally a rule of thumb.

For example, just because Stunfisk can hold its own against Ho-Oh does not mean that Ho-Oh deserves a shot below Ubers; it can still put a world of hurt on the other five Pokemon.

Mega Blaziken is pretty bad for a mega Evo tbh so I don't see the point in its ban. Fire-fighting is decent coverage at best and will get sponged by moms like Tentacruel and Latias. It did get more favorable with the removal of the machine of OP that was Kingdra, but still not enough to warrant getting the boot.

EDIT: yeah I'm slowly creeping off the Ban Mega Gengar bandwagon. It may have the speed of Jolteon but 60 HP base sucks no matter how you spin it. It will still get wrecked by priority moves, which are what's strong right now in the 6th gen meta, particularly Reborn's.

Alright back. To be honest that's a bit embarrassing that I quick scanned the subject. >>; But my point on the other pokemon even though they are not relevant to the topic still stands! Now onto my argument towards the Megas.

Mega Gengar

Mega Gengar is broken due to a plethora of issues. First off it's ability Shadow Tag is quite frankly the best in the game. No pokemon can safely stay in on a Mega-Gengar due to it's amazing Special Attack and it's unpredictable coverage moves. It's more broken than Chandelure ST in that respect. It's not to say that this pokemon is unbeatable, it's what it does in battle is amazing. Mega Gengar's main purpose as a Mega is to kill off pokemon that threaten set-up sweepers or regular sweepers while doing as much damage as possible. Mega Gengar is the only mega that can fill this role and honestly makes Magnet Pull Magnezone, Arena Trap Dugtrio, and Gothitelle obsolete. He isn't a god however, there are a few checks and counters towards Mega Gengar. Malamar is a popular choice due to it's unique Dark/Psychic typing that renders most of Mega Gengar's moves less effective. Jolteon is another solid option as it is the only other non-mega that matches up with Mega Gengar's blazing 130 Base Speed. Mega Scizor is another solid option as a Bullet Punch can easily revenge kill on Mega Gengar [Provided damage has already been done]. While this all sounds nice, Mega Gengar has coverage, speed, and Special Attack all at it's side to counter each aforementioned counter and check I described. Scizor, Scizor or Mega Scizor cannot OHKO it anymore with CB Bullet Punch or Uninvested Mega Pullet Punch, and worse, might be effected by Will-O-Wisp. Malamar, Mega Gengar has Dazzling Gleam, one of Malamar's main kryptonite. Jolteon, It's a 50/50 shot really. Risk outspeeding and not doing enough damage or Being outspeed and OHKO immediately by Shadow Ball. Simply put Mega Gengar is a nuisance that is basically a worse clone than ST Chandelure. It has everything that ST Chandelure wishes it had. Better bulk, better Special Attack, Better Speed, and not being locked into a move just to outspeed pokemon. It's very simple, this thing needs to be gone immediately.

Mega Khan's tomorrow~

Edited by Cowtao

Gengar is op because of its ability coupled with the fact that it had uber special attack and speed. With it allowed to roam it can easily take down choiced scarfed pokemon who are locked on the wrong move or Physical walls who are vital to the opposing teams with ease. It is not supposed to stay in on a talonflame or a scizor, its supposed to switch.

Even so, I think we should wait till manaphy/zygrade/kyerum-b are moved to OU before we have any serious discussion. Since a lot of people think mega lucario should be uber i will list out why it should not

1. we play no team preview so lucario does not know if it should set up or not

2. mach punch

3. Virtually every common choice scarfed pokemon can 1hitKO it

4. prevalence of talonflame

5. Suffers 4 move syndrome

(Phisical) Either has to give up ice punch for crunch, which will cause it to be walled by landorus/gliscor, or vice versa, and is walled by bulky ghost pokemon such as jellicant.

Or it can give up on bullet punch and it loses its priority

(special) countered by bulky sp def pokemon such as gyradoes/zapdoes/jellicant if it has vacuum wave/nastyplot/aurapshere/flashcannon or if it has dark pulse instead of vacuum wave it loses priority making it easy pray for choice scarfed pokemon.

6. not really a good reason but it's still legal in smogon.

edit: After ton of battles... yea mega luc should be banned since not many pokemon can "tank its moves" making stall almost nonexsistant.

Too lazy to read through the whole topic, if I made points already made by other people just ignore this post please.

1) Blaziken is broken in itself. It is arguably the most broken non-legedary around right now. So we shouldn't be here talking about banning its Mega form, we should ban the guy altogether.

2) Gengar gets Perish Song. I found that out only recently. A set consisting of Perish Song, Substitute, Protect and Shadow Ball allows it, thanks to Shadow Tag, to kill any defensive Pokemon (most notably Chansey/Blissey and Ferrothorn) without them being able to do nothing in return. Basically, it tells you "you use stall, you cannot play Pokemon" which is something that should never be allowed, regardless of how much I dislike stall. A single Pokemon should never be able to cripple a whole playing style.

3) Kangaskhan was banned from PO beta (dunno what Smogon did on SD, as I haven't been much active lately), but I am not sure it deserved to be. Ironically, regular Gengar (the Sub-disable set) shuts it down easily, and there are a lot of physical walls that won't even take that much damage, being able to recover off anything it throws at them and retalitate or just phaze away: Skarmory and Vaporeon come to mind, unless I have been missing something.

4) Lucario is... Debatable. It can be easily killed by an insane amount of things, but the problem is that said things cannot switch into it. Scenario: a Pokemon of yours that has a type disadvantage against Lucario kills something, opponent sends in Lucario, and at this point you are screwed, because chances are that the insanely powerful, Adaptability-boosted Close Combat will be able to 2KO anything you have in your team: yes, you maybe have stuff that could tank a hit from the guy and kill back, but can your Pokemon take TWO hits? This is what you have to wonder. The problem with Luke is not revenge-killing it, it is switching something into it.

Well, these were my two cents into the discussion. I hope I helped put things in the right perspective.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the loss of being able to use items stops 90% of megas being too difficult to control.
What makes megas difficult to deal with is when they are self sufficient and require no support to do there job aka MKhan and OPKungFuChicken.

MKhan can literally act as a sweeper, revenge killer and stall breaker that can threaten a huge portion of the metagame all in one. best part? No support neccesary (rest talk seismic toss should be enough to ban it alone)

Mblazekin requires no introduction. Yes there are counters but they are few in number and they are legit the only way outside of mass priority to deal with it.
Not that fussed with gengars stall breaker set or lucario at all but can understand how people feel but i just feel they at least are manageable. just an opinion and nothing more though

More than one Pokemon has to be able to answer to it in order for it to be considered okay for OU; but that's generally a rule of thumb.

For example, just because Stunfisk can hold its own against Ho-Oh does not mean that Ho-Oh deserves a shot below Ubers; it can still put a world of hurt on the other five Pokemon.

Mega Blaziken is pretty bad for a mega Evo tbh so I don't see the point in its ban. Fire-fighting is decent coverage at best and will get sponged by moms like Tentacruel and Latias. It did get more favorable with the removal of the machine of OP that was Kingdra, but still not enough to warrant getting the boot.

EDIT: yeah I'm slowly creeping off the Ban Mega Gengar bandwagon. It may have the speed of Jolteon but 60 HP base sucks no matter how you spin it. It will still get wrecked by priority moves, which are what's strong right now in the 6th gen meta, particularly Reborn's.

Why? Blaziken wasn't banned on Reborn in 5th, so why would it be in 6th? Megablaziken does the exact same thing. It even hits a little less, due to lack of Life Orb.

I'd be for no Mega Bans at all myself. Lucario gets killed by Aegislash, Khangaskhan...Why do people think it's op? It's pathetic speed and defenses are awesome. Aegislash can easily kill it. Mega Gengar...I've never had a problem with it tbh.

Just because Blaziken wasn't banned on reborn in Gen 5 doesn't mean it shouldn't have been. There were quite a few things on Reborn's Gen 5 Meta that were really unbalanced and needed changes, but were completely skipped over or ignored, whilst a decent while after BW2 there was a suspect for Kyurem B/W instead of things like Blaziken, Chandelure, Swift swim, and Excadrill. And as for not understanding how things like Mega Luc are OP, you must never play competitively. After a single Nasty Plot, it 2HKOs Chansey who is the best Special Wall in the entire game right now. As for Mega Kanga, it is able to attack twice with Power-Up Punch and get +2 every turn while also dealing damage twice. That breaks through things like subs, sashes, all the like while also giving stat boosts.

As for Gengar, you guys are right. It's overpowered. It's essentially the same thing as shadow Tag Chandelure in Gen 5 except stronger.