Tentacruel

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 3 months later...
...finally stopped being an idiot and realized I can export in teambuilder and copy-paste an individual Poke's set so I don't have to type it out >_>

(Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Def / 180 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

[Yay, a Tentacruel. Toxic Spikes + Rapid Spin is obviously the main selling point of Tentcruel(being a bulky water doesn't either). Black Sludge is liek teh Lefties only when det tries to Trick you dey get trolled. Err, yeah, that was fairly obvious. Scald is the new premiere move for bulky waters, we're using it here. Ice Beam is no worse than it is last gen, in other words, it's awesome. The EVs seem pretty odd, but 76 HP brings you to 320 HP which is a pretty number. Maximum defense lets you be as bulky as possible, and the rest is dumped into Sp Def, with Calm giving you a good boost to the stat as well.]

• 1 month later...
Cruel Fate
Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray/Venoshock
- Scald/Surf

Pretty simple set, you clear away entry hazards on your side and set up Toxic Spikes on your opponent's side. Acid Spray was an idea I got from Girl. Use it to lower your opponent's SpDef while you use Scald/Surf. People would normally switch out their Pokemon when they have stat drops, so it works to your favor if you got Toxic Spikes up. Venoshock is an alternative if you wanna hit your opponents hard when they get Poisoned. Scald has a chance of burn, which is completely useless if you have Toxic Spikes up and your opponent's aren't Steel or Flying types/have an Air Balloon/have Levitate. Surf hits harder and works better than Scald if your opponent's Pokemon are Poisoned.

• 6 months later...
Tentacruel (F) @ (No Item)
- Barrier
- Surf
- Toxic
- Substitute

Walls are cruel. Tentacruel's massive special stat makes him a decent special wall, and I say decent because Gen 1 was dominated by Psychics. Barrier takes your "okay" defense, and shoots it through the roof. Toxic and sub for wall/stalling while Surf is your main STAB that ensures you can dish out even more damage.

• 1 year later...

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 148 HP / 252 Def / 108 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Toxic Spikes

- Rapid Spin

- Scald

- Blizzard

Don't you all just hate Breloom? I know I do! And nothing says fuc- STOP! Think of the children ;c Moving on... This set is the perfect fit for those hail teams that hate Loom but still need Tentacruel to counter opposing physical threats such as scarf Terrakion and so forth. What we have here is the Standard Tspikes set altered to fit your Loom extermination needs. EV spread has enough speed to outpace jolly Breloom while still retaining decent bulk and Protect is replaced with Blizzard to OHKO it after residual from hail. While this set clearly runs better on a hail team. You can still get the same results from Ice Beam with smart predictions or hazards.

Once again, hope you all enjoy making Breloom an endangered species... wot?

Edited by TheyCallMeTony.