the scene where we fight against Clear is just weird

Dwyh

I want to discuss a scene in the Story:

I am talking about the scene where we fight against Clear while Kieran wipes the database. There are so many strong trainers with us like Adam or Aelita. But instead of contributing anything we are the only one battling while they are effectively t-posing in the background? I feel like this would be easily fixable by just having clear and kieran activate some sec drones for them to fight.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, this seriously just makes all the other heroes incompetent as shit. We outnumber Clear and Kieran vastly, Aelita has no reason to just stand around while we do all the work defeating Clear, this is the same robot lady who ruined Taelia's life. 

• Like 3

okay no seriously, this was really annoying while I was just standing there.... Like... I feel like they had to let Clear and Kieran wipe the database, bc otherwise we'd have all the answers to all the questions so easily or something, so ofc they HAD to "win" there,

Spoiler

((especially bc it leads to the true awakening of the interceptor eventually))

but.... they seriously could have just thrown down some SEC drones or other fighting machines to keep everyone else there busy? Aelita, unbothered by us fighting Clear, could have taken the opportunity to gang up on Kieran with the others. It's a really b l e h spot, right in an otherwise super cool arc.

• Like 3

Yeah... I can't fathom how anyone thought that scene was fine as is. Even if we assume that all trainers have been defeated (Aelita had just woken up), Delpha is literally standing right there. Also, why did Clear and Kieran leave the base to confront the group earlier? Isn't their goal right down there, and by leaving they're informing their enemies of the Ligosomnia machine's location? It's a very strange scene considering the game justifies your allies' lack of help in other scenes (Venam being out of Pokemon on Valor Mountain, and Regirock blocking Melia and Cella from reaching Vivian). There are other instances of it as well, but the player usually ends up winning anyway, so it doesn't really matter as much (even though it's still annoying)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dausk said:

Yeah... I can't fathom how anyone thought that scene was fine as is. Even if we assume that all trainers have been defeated (Aelita had just woken up), Delpha is literally standing right there. Also, why did Clear and Kieran leave the base to confront the group earlier? Isn't their goal right down there, and by leaving they're informing their enemies of the Ligosomnia machine's location? It's a very strange scene considering the game justifies your allies' lack of help in other scenes (Venam being out of Pokemon on Valor Mountain, and Regirock blocking Melia and Cella from reaching Vivian). There are other instances of it as well, but the player usually ends up winning anyway, so it doesn't really matter as much (even though it's still annoying)

also, Aelita has been shown to be incredible physically active and strong? So she could have like... Just backflipped over the protagonist while Delpha used fire blast on Kieran or something -- will o' wisp that dude to just start slowly incinerating him ig -- and punched the guy in the face to stop him from erasing everything. I'm pretty sure there has been shown like... NO real excuse for any of them to NOT have done anything there, and it's ridiculously funny though to imagine all the things they could have done to stop Clear and Kieran then, instead of just watching the MC battle XDD

i mean there is an active battle going on, so people not rushing Kieran makes some sense, although them not helping at all is dumb. although, if I'm remembering right Erick, Val and Adam all got wrecked trying to stop them initially.

• 2 weeks later...