General Sports Thread

Joker

I know. Pokemon forum, sports. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a sports thread for those that enjoy them. This way we have more things open to more people. You can talk about any sport, and from any country. It's not limited to just the US. So knock yourselves out you silly kids. I'd start, but I'm not really a sports guy. Though I hear the Superbowl is near, so that should be a good starting conversation.

No I didn't do this just for Tao. <<

I really couldn't care less about who's in the Super Bowl, unless it's the Vikings or the Giants. I'm more just looking forward to hanging out with friends and watching commercials, which I hope weren't as bad as last year.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't care much about football in general. My fourth grade self got pummeled too much as a junior linebacker for that to ever be an enoyable idea again. Whoever thought it was a good idea to sign me up for junior football was a horrible person. But I still root for the Ravens out of hometown pride, although I don't really care about anyone else. xD

I agree with Cobra though, it's fun as hell to be in a group and eat food and watch all the silly commercials.

I never really got into football, maybe I'd actually watch it if I played it. I played soccer for a lot of years, but my organization is shit, so I quit and picked up Lacrosse. I'm very glad I did. Shooting 90 mph rips at the goalie during a game is very fun. >:D

Cowtao already made a football thread, some jerk flamed it and we forum muted him. Meh whatever, sports aren't my thing but people enjoy them and that's cool. I am kinda forced to pick a football team cuz, 'merika so I root for Raiders or Eagles.

However all this sports hype is directly impacting me XD

Work has been busy as all holy hell the past few weekends

Awww. You're so sweet Xiph. </3

Kinda disappointed the Patriots didn't make it but let's face it. Everyone knew that the Broncos would win and hell, everyone was surprised the Patriots made it that far in the first place. It just goes to show what Brady can do with an amateur offensive team. Minus Thompkins and Edelman.

At least the Seahawks are in. In other news, i'm now a Pacer's fan. Woooo~

The Texans football team were wrecking everyone who they ever went against in 2011 and 2012. They literally had absoluteltly no challenge coming to them those years except for the time the Ravens came to the field and gave them a hard time.

Then it happened...

2013- football season- Texas- who cares about the damn time- you expect me to know the date?

A wild Coach Kubiak appeared!

He ruined the Texans completely. They lost nearly every game! Worst Coach ever! >: P

Then once Kubiak left everything became normal... Except that was at the end of the season!

*facepalm*

Dammit Kubiak...

Ps: can't wait for Super Bowl! Maybe the Texans will do better this year!

*scratches face in corner*

Hopefully HE won't coach them again...

As a Timberwolves and Manchester United fan its been a disappointing year to be a fan but chin up seasons aren't finished! As for the superbowel I usually go to /sp/ for NFL entertainment. A little politically incorrect but still lots better then the subliminal race war ESPN is trying to ignite. Seahawks are mad but will be rooting against that clown Sherman!

You forgot the Doritos and the GoDaddy commercials Noivy.

In other news, Richard Sherman is being a completely idiot. And yet, he has every single right to act that way after that interception.

1st Super bowl impression

Not even mad about the annihilation Denver got on Sunday, the better team won in the end.

Side note: I know he isn't the biggest celebrity player but I hadn't even heard the Derrick Coleman story until Sunday, how big is it in the U.S ? A mate showed me his add and I found myself with a soft spot for the Seahawks despite the Sherman Show.