Kingler

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 8 months later...
Kingler does deserve more love - also the only water-type with Sheer Force.

Zarek (Kingler) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 255 Def / 255 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- AncientPower
- Haze

His mom (an altaria, of all things) is usually his teammate, so her Tailwind keeps him ahead of things somewhat (can be in singles/doubles/triples). Otherwise, he's a tad slow, but makes do.

Haze is usually effective since few people even know what kingler does, and the rest of his moveset merely seeks to utilize Sheer Force with his Life Orb.

uh... dodrio person... Feraligatr has Sheer force... and he is... psychic type? ah screw the corney joke and moving on...

i was gonna post a kingler set... but i didn't have a worth mentioning strategy

[quote name='Dominus' timestamp='1318010390' post='19652']
uh... dodrio person... Feraligatr has Sheer force... and he is... psychic type? ah screw the corney joke and moving on...
[/quote]

Oh wait, it does? Gah, I'm going senile in my old age :P

NEEDS TO GET OUT MOAR AND SMELL THE FLOWERS ~

[quote name='Zen' timestamp='1318011721' post='19656']

Oh wait, it does? Gah, I'm going senile in my old age :P

NEEDS TO GET OUT MOAR AND SMELL THE FLOWERS ~
[/quote]

1. how old are you O.o;;
2. ... not that flower... *walks away ignoring the fact that he is licenced to treat these kind of things*
3. Yes it does, Maelstrom uses it all the time... and i personally think it is one of the best Sheer forcers, its underrated, usuable in both OU and Regular match types, it has a great move pool, and it has some sturdy defences... on top of all that... IT CAN DANCE THE DRAGON DANCE!!! [spoiler] unce unce unce[/spoiler]
i should write this in the Feraligatr page... but i hafta get to work... maybe later...
Chao
Adios
Ja na!

• 2 months later...
Kingler (F) @ (No Item)
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Body Slam
- Substitute

Kingler, easily one of my favorite Gen 1 Pokemon. Anyway, on to the description, because I'm certainly not bullshitting to make my set description a little longer than usual. That's absurd. Swords Dance boosts his pretty amazing attack making making just about every attack he makes hurt a shit ton. Crabhammer is without a doubt his best STAB, and Body Slam is for filler/coverage more or less. Substitute makes sure that he can take a couple Special hits, because his horrid Special stat makes sure that anything with a pulse is going to knock him out.

• 4 weeks later...
the crusade continues

[CB]
[Kingler] (M/F) @ [Choice Band]
Trait: [Sheer Force]
EVs: [252 Atk/252 Speed/4 HP]
[Nature] Jolly/Adamant
- Crabhammer
- Brick Break
- Return
- Rock Slide

[Do I even need to explain? Oh yeah, I do because posting sets with 1 sentence for explanation is bad ^_^. Basically, it's your standard Choice banded attacker, relying heavily on prediction. Kingler's offensive options are admittedly less than spectacular, asides from the moves here, there's what, X-Scissor? For some reason, it doesn't even get Waterfall; while rabhammer is much stronger the acccuracy may be a turnoff. Nevertheless, it is quite powerful, especially if you tun Adamant. however, Jolly is recommended for the speed boost. Also, don't hope to get lucky flinches, as you're trading it off with Sheer Force for moar power. To be honest, Kingler is a mediocre Pokemon, you won't get much from it more than a lucky KO or two, and some creativity points(not that I advocate creativity for the sake of creativity). I mean, look at that Special Defense. Good luck taking special Electric and Grass moves with any kind of power behind them. At least it's Defense is pretty good.]