Starmie

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 1 month later...
[Life Orb]
[Starmie] (M/F) @ [Life Orb]
Trait: [Natural Cure]
EVs: [252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP]
[Nature] Timid
- Hydro Pump/Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire/Psychic/Rapid Spin

[There are people who say Starmie is inadequate to handle the 5th Generation metagame. Those people are what I like to call "wrong!" =D. Starmie is certainly still quite powerful for its combination of STAB water and BoltBeam. Life Orb lets it pack some real punch, especially with Hydro Pump, but Surf is perfectly viable for the sake of accuracy. Boiling Water is rather ineffective in my opinion, as sweepers don't really care whether they inflict a burn for the most part. Your final move has some options, Hidden Power Fire is the move of choice to deal with Nattorei who walls you otherwise, but Psychic is a useful secondary STAB option to deal with the flood of Fighting Pokémon bar Zuruzukin, and Rapid Spin is even more usful than the previous generation with Spikes being used everywhere.]

• 1 month later...
Choice Mie and I'll Be a Star!
Starmie @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Timid/Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick/Psychic/Rapid Spin

Probably the best Starmie to use this gen. And yes, I [i]did[/i] just make the most awful pun of all time. Starmie is a great choice to be...Choiced...because it has a great base 115 Speed, a good Special Attack, and Natural Cure so it doesn't fear Toxic Spikes or any status for that matter. Anyway, Hydro Pump is powerful STAB, while Scald is more reliable and offers a 30% Burn chance. Ice Beam wrecks every Dragon in existence (bar Reshiram ¬_¬) and is a great move in general. Thunderbolt is there for all of the Water types that resist your combo, specifically Gyarados. Trick is the preferred last move, as it can cripple something you don't like, but Psychic is secondary STAB that wrecks Fighting types like ConkelDURRRR. Rapid Spin, although not the best choice, can also be run if you desperately need a spinner for your team.

• Administrators
Actually Bullet has his post right but N8 made a mistake when he said Conkeldurr is a Psychic type... fixed.
Also fixed was the base speed; Starmie's got 115, not 100~

[quote name='Dragonz996' timestamp='1304693480' post='13586']
Bullet, Scrafty is Dark/Fighting, so Psychic fails.
[/quote]

[quote]flood of Fighting Pokémon [i]bar[/i] Zuruzukin[/quote]

wat you mean Dragonz?

• 7 months later...
Whoo more Gen 1 sets from Erick

Starmie @ (No Item)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Surf

Since PO is fucked up Dual Screens lasts forever, so permanent 1/2 damage is damn good. Psychic and Surf are Starmie's best STABs if you intended to keep it out, and abuse the fact that he's Psychic (and therefore OP) for a bit.

You Spin Me
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Recover

Starmie is one of the few Pokemon that will learn the move Rapin Spin. So, utilizing the move Starmie can go a little bit defensive as well. Let's boost its SpA so that it can attack adequately.

• 9 months later...
(Hi i use my defense)
Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Def / 252 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

this Starmie set is one of my absolute favorites. its a bulky spinner variant investing into defensive evs. the reason i thought i would put evs into starmie's defense was because i realized his typing walls a lot of common physical attacks like close combat. with the given evs, he receives close to no damage from even a stab or +1 close combat. by sending this guy in on a physical attacker, you almost always force the switch and can either thunder wave the incoming Pokemon or rapid spin away hazards. scald is for stab and beating taunt, possible burn as well. recover to get back some hp you lose throughout the battle. Also, the last thing i love about this starmie is with these speed evs, it can out speed anything base 100 speed. thats pretty damn fast.

[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]Starmie @ Leftovers[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]Trait: Natural Cure[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]- Reflect type[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]- Surf /Ice Beam / Psychic / Scald[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]- Recover[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Verdana][size=3]- Amnesia[/size][/font][/color]

Reflect type dont always use as power of Starmie .Starmie spd must be 326 to copy the foe quikly types
Base on how Starmie Spd is .Thats why it must to be 326 to copy it quikly . Reflect type is not a Transform move who transform into
someone and copy there moves Reflect type use for their protection to any weaknesses

After using Reflect type use Amnesia and Recover yeah i think it will be 5mint. or 10mint. to complete all the instruction

After using all of that finnaly some kicking time :) Edited by Glaciem

[b]Uh. I'll try to decode this.[/b]
[quote name='Glaciem' timestamp='1350770365' post='44989']Reflect type dont always use as power of Starmie .
Starmie[color=#000000][b] base[/b][/color] [b]speed[/b] must be at 326 to copy the foe quickly types Base on how Starmie Spd is . [b]As in to say Starmie's 326 speed with 252 EVs is needed to use Reflect Type as quickly as possible.[/b]
Thats why it must to be 326 to copy it quikly .
Reflect type is not a Transform move who transform into someone and copy there moves Reflect type use for their protection to any weaknesses [b]Here, Reflect Type can only copy the opponent's TYPE, not moves or abilities.[/b]
After using Reflect type use Amnesia and Recover [b]After using Reflect Type, try to stall by Amnesia or Recover.[/b]
yeah i think it will be 5mint. or 10mint. to complete all the instruction After using all of that finnaly some kicking time :) [b]After stalling you can start the sweep.[/b] [/quote]

[b]Basically a stall Starmie. I wouldn't recommend Reflect Type myself. It's too unreliable.[/b]

[size=3][s]I should get rupees for decoding this. Tis not easy.[/s][/size]

[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Neptune][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Starmie] (M/F) @ [Leftover][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]Trait: [Illuminate][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]EVs: [270hp/245 Sp At/250 Sp][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Nature] Timid[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Hydro Pump[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Thunder[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Ice Beam[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Rapid Spin[/font][/color] Edited by Unknown Guy

[quote name='Unknown Guy' timestamp='1351001363' post='45176']
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Neptune][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Starmie] (M/F) @ [Leftover][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]Trait: [Illuminate][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]EVs: [270hp/245 Sp At/300 Sp][/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,][Nature] Timid[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Hydro Pump[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Thunder[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Ice Beam[/font][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]- Rapid Spin[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Discriptions needed. And one Pokemon can only have 255 EV for each stats, 510 EV total MAX. You could just make this set on PO and export it.