Madame X identity speculation: Keta's daughter

I have always been wary of the theory that Madame X is Kenneth/Keta's daughter Nora Royer. X appears in close proximity to Keta in many instances across multiple timelines, yet she has never acknowledged him except at a business/formal level. In the Xen HQ in Ch2, where the player is transported to the Xen lounge, Madame X is in the background presiding over the meeting concerning Keta's death, yet she doesn't even acknowledge him. She authorized the building of the volcano base and blackmailed Keta, and it would have killed him even if he hadn't confronted Mewtwo, due to the eruption. Also, during the Doomed Timeline, she only acknowledges him as "the leader or the survivors", and pays no attention to any relationship. Should things go south and the player tries to escape, she doesn't care about any of the survivors, much less Keta. She only mentions the Interceptor not doing Xer job. Even if she was brainwashed and raised by Clear/Freya, Nora could still recognize Keta in WLL, and seemed rather fond of him. Also, X  oversaw Blacksteeple and let Neved torture Aelita, which was originally intended for Keta and otherwise enabled his vendetta against Keta. My personal theory is that she is the daughter of Team Xen's founder, just as Giovanni in RBY is the son of Team Rocket's founder, both of which are dead but whose organizations live on. Being Melia/M2 or Erin doesn't make sense as Madame X never goes after Erin despite being a member of the Archetype, and her interest with Melia seems to be related to Vitus/Indridad, and neither Melia nor Erin overlap with her or even show the symptoms despite the proximity, as it is stated that M2 and Madame X are separate individuals in Renegade. There are just my thoughts, feel free to comment. I have only played up to 13.5 Renegade, Florin dead and Karrina alive, not Paragon yet.

Spoiler

Madame X being Nora Royer is a fun theory on her true identity. The part that got me was how during the doomed timeline, when Melia asked Madame X what her mother was like and her reply was "My mother was a weak individual who gave her life to protect me". It sorta lines up with Taelia trying to escape with Nora in WLL only to be murdered. And then iirc just after she's murdered, you can hear Yveltals cry. 

Its fun to speculate but just going off of what Jan's story telling is like, I'm sure we're all in for some sort of twist when, or if we even find out her true identity.

Hi ! 

The theory is well thought but I think it's not Nora behind the mask of Madame X (I played too Where Love Lies). I have some information that I remember. In my opinion, it would be Alice but I don't think she's Melia or Marriannette. Actually, I don't have any idea of her real identity. Melia has a different treatment about her archetype powers, because she has a Genesis Syndrome like Garufa people who tried to exploit the power of the Archetype. 
We know the children of Vitus are shards of the Archetypes, and he managed to get a strong influence on Marriannette (until we interfer) and especially on Alice. 

@cyberfox096, you haven't play yet to the Paragon route, so let me give you some information [BEWARE, SPOILER].

Firstly, you can beat Yveltal at Blackstepple Castle, then Madame X has the following dialogue "Father, I have lost..."

During the common story, we can assume that Madame X is the daughter of the founder of Team Xen. And it wouldn't be impossible that Vitus was the founder of Team Xen since Team Xen is known to have some things to do in the Miera Region. Here we can assume Madame X was influenced by her own father, like Alice. 

During the Paragon Route, we can learn that Vitus and Nymiera were 2 Garufan people who embodie 2 concepts : Life and Death. These 2 concepts are linked to Xearneas et Yveltal. Vitus & Nymiera generate a balance between Life & Death as the 2 legendaries. 

Like Vitus, Madame X is linked to Yveltal and death. And as you said, Madame X is a violent, selfish and manipulative woman. And when Alice is under the influence of her father, Alice tries to dominate people around her, and when it doesn't work, she becomes aggressive. This case happened during the Paragon Route, where Anju, under a spell of Vitus (probably, because she was trapped in his manor when we try to escape with Mariannette) "did something" to Alice and she became like before, during her time in the Uknown World, a violent, selfish and manipulative girl (tries to rule people, becomes violent when she failed).  Moreover, Alice has a special link with Dark Types Pokémon and she learnt with us that we are the Interceptor and about the Archetypes. 

If we compare Alice to Madame X, we can remember Madame X let us understand that she knows for the Interceptor and the Archetype during Dommed Timeline Arc. 

That's ly theory for the moment, so I would need some time to improve it :) 

• 3 months later...
On 4/17/2024 at 5:30 PM, Enatsyrte said:

If we compare Alice to Madame X, we can remember Madame X let us understand that she knows for the Interceptor and the Archetype during Dommed Timeline Arc.

That is true BUT she doesn't know us at the beginning and she doesn't know we are the Interceptor until future Blacksteeple Castle, she actually figures that out after we "resurrect".
I think that right now is totally impossible to figure it out, there are too many questions we need answered to have some ideas.
It's actually possible that we'll know who Madame X is in v14 and from there she'll make a HUGE explanation mega plot twist omg

I don't think there's any way out of Madame X being Indriad's daughter in some fashion. That really only leaves her as possibly either Melia, Maria, Erin or Alice. Most people think that that one sprite of her shattered mask revealed she had black hair, and as we've seen, the Archetype is what makes you go Super Saiyan, so it would seem like she's a Theolia with the archetype suppressed somehow (Perhaps the reason she can't take off the armour is that it suppresses Genesis Syndrome by suppressing the Archetype? It would explain why she says if it wasn't for the armour, she'd have been able to beat you... even though she wasn't in any actual danger in that fight because it was a trap, it was still Declared In Yellow.) I think the only way it could be Nora is if Keta is actually Indriad somehow, and a) I don't buy that, and b) Come On. I guess I can't dismiss the idea completely out of hand, but still. We don't actually know what happened to Indriad after the fight, except that he somehow must have taken Angie prisoner and then possessed her, 

There is one other possibility, which is that there's more than one Madame X. Her identity might change with each Core Reset, or it might be different identities within each timeline. There's some minor evidence to this, and the last time I floated this idea, there was more evidence than I thought. It is possible to produce multiple Madame X armours after all. I assume you have to apply the Crimson Quartz and Black Prisms to the armour blanks to give them whatever the armour's powers are.

I also think, for the record, Madame X is almost certainly from a past timeline. In fact, I think she may be one of the people who survives each world reset and world destruction, but maybe in the sense that one Madame X dies, and then someone from the currently dying world takes on the armour and becomes the new Madame X and goes on to the next timeline. And whoever she is, I think in her original timeline she went to Axis High, because she has an irrational attachment to Talon, Xara and Jean. Melia was always meant to go to Grand Dream, and tried to get into Axis High. Erin lived in Grand Dream, so easily could've gone in another timeline. I just don't see a way out of it being either a version of Melia or a version of Erin. And I count Maria as A Version Of Melia.