Chevaleresse

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NAME: Minerva

SPECIES: Honedge (Level 13; No-Guard (Both Honedge’s and opponent’s accuracy is raised to 100%)

Notable “moves”

- Shadow Sneak (through breeding parent Honedge evolutionary relative with another.)

- Cut (through previously learning the Hidden Machine)

- Protect (through previously learning the Technical Machine)

- Swords Dance (known from Pokemon’s birth.)

AGE: 77 (We’re talking about a possessed sword here, but I was shooting for a non-Sue age)

APPEARANCE: Standard Honedge anatomy - Blade, Hilt, cloth appendage. The blade itself is a Honedge’s natural tint of silver, while the cloth is a significantly faded version of Honedge’s shiny variation.

QUALITIES: Quiet, Helpful, Methodical, Patient….(negatives- Mourning, has trouble holding conversation that isn’t in the form of following orders, is hard to grow attached to as a friend.)

BACKSTORY:

Years before Team Galactic succeeded in capturing the Pokemon of Time and Space, there was an elderly man who lived in Kalos with his Pokemon, Minerva - a young Honedge. The man and Minerva were companions that travelled the various regions and worked tirelessly for the common good of humankind, through the means of protecting settlements by engaging in battles with troublemakers, and cutting down foliage so that towns and cities could expand.

The man then found out he was dying due to an illness, and wanted the best for Minerva. Knowing the possessive qualities of the Honedge evolutionary line, he decided to put himself to rest quickly by brandishing Minerva and allowing her to consequently drain his life energy. Minerva understood her trainer’s wishes and his ailments enough to comply, so this was by no means a tragic death. After the man died, Minerva left the body, which appeared to be safely tucked in bed, save for the one arm that had brandished her. Lack of scientific confirmation on Honedge at the time led to the cause of death being the illness, leaving Minerva in the clear.

Minerva’s qualities largely resemble her previous trainer, willing to help when needed, as well as brave enough to fend off most existing threats. Her mentality, very much like the old man’s, is built around purposeful strategy and finding joy in completing tasks. This leads to her being secluded and only present to others by happenstance caused by the other party or in times of need. Rumors have it that the sword Pokemon is possessed by a Kalosian warrior woman (no notable reputation) that served the King that built Parfum Palace.

Minerva found herself continuing the old mans services as she boarded ships and travelled the Earth without a Trainer to claim her. Eventually, the calamity happened, causing her to be separated from others for the time being.

Have at thee, and do feel free to make suggestions. This was a rough first take.

Edited by W1ng3d_One

Maybe you guys, but I was totally fine. (probably cause I knew it was coming, just had that feeling.) Then again I have killed off character pretty gruesomely before. Maybe we RP hosts are just a bit more numb to that stuff. (in writing form anyway.)

Not at all.

@Murdoc, would it be OK if my PC used Surf to get around on land?

What Bibs said. I wouldn't normally allow something like that, but not allowing Nivia to surf around would mean I would need to A. cram a river into every location or b. force DarkLight to change characters, both of which are highly undesirable.

Luckily, since Dewgongs are part Ice, I could always use that ice path to travel around even without water. I admit, I decided to take on Dewgong instead of the other choices offered because of this challenge and to make Murdoc's life miserable.