Reborn/Rejuv/Deso Style Ruby Scripts for Essentials?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but... just gonna give it a shot here. I'm looking to making a rebornverse-style fangame of my own, and I wanted to use the more streamlined ruby scripts similar to the ones used in the latest versions of Reborn/Rejuv/Deso to define things like pokemon, trainers, items and all the basic stuff instead of Essential's default PBS files. Is there a way to do that?

• Developers

With some work you can adapt essentials to use the scripts instead of PBS files. It should only affect the compilation step.

Iirc this approach has been proposed to the essentials team but they didn't want it claiming that PBS files are easier to manage for non-programmers.

With some work you can adapt essentials to use the scripts instead of PBS files. It should only affect the compilation step.

That sounds promising! Are there like any resources I can refer to on how to achieve this? I've tried looking it up on google to get an idea on what needs to be done but so far there doesn't seem to be anything about this topic.

• Developers
On 6/6/2024 at 2:34 PM, Valkyrie of the Rising Sun said:

That sounds promising! Are there like any resources I can refer to on how to achieve this?

The best resource is probably the scripts from Reborn 19.5 which is the latest iteration of our approach.