Rejuvenation Mega Girafarig Mod

Hello!

A while ago, I had sprite work for a Mega Girafarig concept commissioned to use for my own use. Girafarig is my favorite pokemon and I've really wanted him to get a mega for a long time, so I figured it be fun to share the results here with all of you. Now that Farigiraf exists, it may seem like a strange mega to add, but this was made before gen 9 anyway, and to be honest, I still don't really like Farigiraf anyway, so I'm really happy to have a Mega Girafarig to use for my future reruns here. You can see the outcome of this new sprite below as well.

The script files currently are from Rejuvenation 13.5, however if you'd like to use this mon for Reborn or Desolation, you can pretty easily copy the itemtext and montext code for Girafite and Mega Girafarig respectively to put into those script files. I did, though, make shiny versions of Mega Girafarig for each game though, so if you like to shiny hunt, the shift won't be jarring.

Here are the stats for Mega Girafarig

image.png.fee4b3f63e94a95b89a12fc3a8c3ae48.png

Type: Fairy/Psychic

Ability: Pixilate

Stats:

HP: 70

Attack: 122

Defense: 81

Sp. Atk: 90

Sp. Def: 81

Speed: 111

Originally, based on the artwork, I had imagined this mega as a Ghost/Psychic rather than Fairy, but as I was looking through what abilities to try and give him, Pixilate stood out to me. Based on the design of this form, while the tail end does separate from the head to become a sort of specter, it made a lot of sense to me that Girafarig would lose his Normal typing, and for Normal attacks to change type like from abilities like Pixilate or Refrigerate. It would also make it very easy for Girafarig to have proper type coverage of his new type. We don't have a Ghost type version of those abilities, and the pink spectral body form definitely seemed to fit the theme of Pixilate rather well, so I ended up going with Fairy. I think the sort of aether-body aspect of the design could lean in either direction thematically. As for why I made this form lean Physical... As I thought about the usage of Pixilate, one thing we don't really have is a physical Pixilate user, so by making Mega Girafarig into more of a Physical sweeper, we'd have something more unique.

If there are any issues with the files, please let me know. And feel free to share what you think!

Mega Girafarig 2.0.zip

Edited by ty_taurus
Update to the mod
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...