Murkrow

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 3 weeks later...
[Song of Death ](Perish Song)
Nature: Bold
Trait: Mischivious Heart
Evs: 252 HP/ 164 Def/ 92 SpDef
Item:Evolution Stone

Moves:
Perish Song
Roost
Mean look
Substitue

Protip: Only good for NU, do not bother to use in OU BL and UU.

This set uses Murkrows Michivious heart which give him priority with this set all around I may add. Here how to use it correctly.

1. Always attempt to trap Paralyzed or Sleeping pokemon, it works better that way.
2. 3 turns to lives, always try to stall it out.
3. switch into a wall, not a damn sweeper
4. rapid spin and Dual screeners are your friend, use them.
5. Priority users with Higher speed aren't your friend..
6. Did I mention I'm not your friend :P?

• 1 year later...
okay so here is a total troll of a set

prankster

Murkrow (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Attract
- Night Shade
- Roost

okay so this is pretty much self explanatory. its essentially a sableye with an evolite... so yea troll

Murkrow (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
- Swagger

Basically, a flying version of Liepard. Start with Twave crippling all sashers and set ups. Next sub, and keep subbing until paralyze works. Then Swagger for the confusion bonus, and after that Foul Play the rest. Sub when no sub, and swagger when no confusion.

Murkrow (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt / Roost
- Swagger

This is a slight variation on Phazer's set, but I like to think it's more effective. Sub would give you viability for free stall, but it has no recovery on that specific set, so I like to use Taunt or Roost. Roost for obvious recovery to add to the annoyance factor of paraflinch. Swagger / Foul Play for paraflinch and the boost FP gets from Swagger's attack boost.

Basically a flying version of umbreon, meant to stall out physical attackers.

---

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Double Team
- Toxic
- FeatherDance
- Roost

---

Defenses aren't as great as umbreon's, but it does compensate by ignoring the dark-type's usual weaknesses somewhat.

• 2 years later...

Going Somewhere?

Murkrow (M) @ Eviolite

EVs: 108 HP / 200 Def / 200 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) / Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Mean Look

- Perish Song

- Roost

- Foul Play / Taunt / Substitute / Psycho Shift / Defog / Thunder Wave

Almost the same thing as Geo's set, but a wee bit different, notably with the plethora of changes in 6th gen that arguably made Murkrow stronger.

This set is designed to shit on any set up Pokemon, sweeper, staller, status spreader, whatever you want. It's meant to look at one particular Pokemon and say, "to hell with you." How it does such is with its claim to fame, priority Perish Song thanks to Prankster. It's a guaranteed Perish Song no matter how hard it gets hit, which ruins any sort of setup. Volcarona, Venusaur, Zygarde, any Pokemon that looks to set up to run through your team will not like to see this bird. However the important thing is that

BATON PASS WILL PASS PERISH SONG.

Since to the best of my knowledge there are no noteworthy Pranksters with Baton Pass, Murkrow can completely and utterly ruin Baton Pass teams on demand with Perish Song, which forces the chain to be cut off and momentum snapped, which essentially forces the opponent, if they're not forfeiting, to start again, promptly allowing you to dismantle them in their downtime. You just gotta be wary of Mr Mime's Soundproof, that's all.

Oh, and did I mention Murkrow is immune to Stored Power?

After the Perish Song, Roost up to keep yourself healthy and to stall out the opponent. You can also follow up with a Mean Look to condemn them. When the Perish Count hits 1, switch out into your Pokemon of choice, rinse and repeat.

The last move choice depends on what your team needs.

• Foul Play is a potent STAB-boosted attack.
  • Taunt can stop status, setups and other things that can throw you off.
  • Priority Substitute is the most effective way to annoy the shit out of your opponent.
  • Psycho Shift combined with Roost makes Murkrow almost impossible to KO.
  • Defog clears hazards n stuff.
  • Thunder Wave...I have no idea how Murkrow gets this, but it ruins a sweeper. A move to consider.
  • There's tons of other options which I didn't go over.

As for the item, always take Eviolite and always pump out a lot into your defenses (not your HP!). Makes for one hell of a bulky bird.