Is it normal for my Pokémon to change their ability after updating to 13.5?

PokefanPT

Hi there! It has been a long while since I was here! Last time I played this game, V13 has just come out, and I completed it until the very end. After 3 years I finally got the time to finally continue this game, since V13.5 just release some time ago.

Since it has been 3 years since the last time I played this, my save file was actually on my old computer, so I had to transfer that to this new computer, and honestly, I don't really remember how the saves worked, but I think I got it to work. I also played the game in my old computer to make sure it was fine, and to save the game on the league thingy. After that, I transfered the game, made the updates needed (I think, because when I clicked on the updated, initially gave me an error, then I just clicked again and it worked for some reason), and put my last save file in the respective folder.

When I opened the game, after I clicked start the game just crashed and gave me an error log super big, that I couldn't even close. I then tried again and the game worked perfectly, the save file was working, and it said the game was on version 13.5.6, which I believe must be the most recent one. When I started the game, it gave me the "Converting save file" text, and gave me 3 drives, which I think was supposed to happen.

So, I did everything correctly, right?

I noticed then that my Primarina, my Noivern and my Gallade all had different abillities. Gallade as now sharpness, which I understand, since it's a new ability in Scarlet and Violet (and honestly it's better than the other one I had), but Primarina's Torrent transformed into Liquid Voice for some reason, and Noivern's Infiltrator transformed into Frisk. Did I convert my save file wrongly, or is it normal for these changes to happen?

Either way, I'm really excited to continue playing this game after 3 years, but I honestly don't remember who Adrest is, so I'll need to see some playthrough to remeber these things. Also, that 1st battle was already brutal, but I'm pleased to see how different the interface is!

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, PokefanPT said:

Hi there! It has been a long while since I was here! Last time I played this game, V13 has just come out, and I completed it until the very end. After 3 years I finally got the time to finally continue this game, since V13.5 just release some time ago.

Since it has been 3 years since the last time I played this, my save file was actually on my old computer, so I had to transfer that to this new computer, and honestly, I don't really remember how the saves worked, but I think I got it to work. I also played the game in my old computer to make sure it was fine, and to save the game on the league thingy. After that, I transfered the game, made the updates needed (I think, because when I clicked on the updated, initially gave me an error, then I just clicked again and it worked for some reason), and put my last save file in the respective folder.

When I opened the game, after I clicked start the game just crashed and gave me an error log super big, that I couldn't even close. I then tried again and the game worked perfectly, the save file was working, and it said the game was on version 13.5.6, which I believe must be the most recent one. When I started the game, it gave me the "Converting save file" text, and gave me 3 drives, which I think was supposed to happen.

So, I did everything correctly, right?

I noticed then that my Primarina, my Noivern and my Gallade all had different abillities. Gallade as now sharpness, which I understand, since it's a new ability in Scarlet and Violet (and honestly it's better than the other one I had), but Primarina's Torrent transformed into Liquid Voice for some reason, and Noivern's Infiltrator transformed into Frisk. Did I convert my save file wrongly, or is it normal for these changes to happen?

Either way, I'm really excited to continue playing this game after 3 years, but I honestly don't remember who Adrest is, so I'll need to see some playthrough to remeber these things. Also, that 1st battle was already brutal, but I'm pleased to see how different the interface is!

This happens on save file conversion sometime, you didn't do anything wrong, it's just something that isn't really fixable from what I know. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dred said:

This happens on save file conversion sometime, you didn't do anything wrong, it's just something that isn't really fixable from what I know. 

Thank you so much! I'll be playing the game much more peacefully now, knowing that I didn't make anything wrong.