Renegade route East Gearan

I was wondering if taking the boat to Hoenn immediately after the intro mission on the ship will grant renegade route points. For context, the pier opposite of where you start has a salesman trying to push a free trip to Hoenn. Taking it will give you a temporary game over, and place you at your last save. Later in the game, there is another game over, this time that awards you renegade points. If you hand over the diamond to Melanie later in the game, she will destroy your timeline and give you a game over with 10 renegade points automatically applied to your save file. You can then choose to get 10 more by abandoning the survivors, or can choose a 3rd option. Both show the villains winning and the hero removed, before placing you at the last save. I was wondering this because it would be a neat easter egg for replay players, or a pitfall for new players like the time diamond. Otherwise, it would allow players to more easily acquire renegade points without going through the trouble of damaging relationships (time consuming) or killing Karrina (which loses Diancie). Just wondering.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, cyberfox096 said:

I was wondering if taking the boat to Hoenn immediately after the intro mission on the ship will grant renegade route points. For context, the pier opposite of where you start has a salesman trying to push a free trip to Hoenn. Taking it will give you a temporary game over, and place you at your last save. Later in the game, there is another game over, this time that awards you renegade points. If you hand over the diamond to Melanie later in the game, she will destroy your timeline and give you a game over with 10 renegade points automatically applied to your save file. You can then choose to get 10 more by abandoning the survivors, or can choose a 3rd option. Both show the villains winning and the hero removed, before placing you at the last save. I was wondering this because it would be a neat easter egg for replay players, or a pitfall for new players like the time diamond. Otherwise, it would allow players to more easily acquire renegade points without going through the trouble of damaging relationships (time consuming) or killing Karrina (which loses Diancie). Just wondering.

No