Vaporeon

Bullet

To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

[HydraRest Sweeper]
[Vaporeon] (M/F) @ [Leftovers]
Trait: [Hydration]
EVs: [252 Special Defense, 196 Defense, 60 HP]
[Nature] Calm
- Surf
- Rest
- Toxic
- Acid Armor

[You heard me right, a Vaporeon sweeper. Your intention is to get a couple of Acid Armors up, boosting your Defense through the roof, along with your maxed out Special Defense and high HP. From there, you try to "sweep". Toxic is your main source of damage, wearing down most Pokémon. Surf hits Steel types, Poison types, and any random Pokémon with the Immunity ability. Surf is used over Boil Over for two reasons. First, it has more power. Second, you don't want to randomly burn something and not be able to Toxic it. Be prepared for bullshit to happen with this set, Vaporeon is kinda a crit magnet. =/]

• Administrators
Water Wall
(Vaporeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Acid Armor
- Boil Over/Surf
- Baton Pass/Toxic

Obviously meant for Rain. Vaporeon already has a ridiculous amount of health, but the given EVs will bring up its defenses to levels to match. Special defense is maxed allowing you to tank hits, even most Super Effective ones, like a boss, while Acid Armor will give you plenty of defense to go along with your free recovery of 400+ HP. With Acid Armor, you can often times switch into most phsyical sweepers and set up/rest before they can KO you. Enemy physical set up is next to harmless (crits excepted) if you come in before they power up (and even then you're usually safe if it's just a single boost. The only Dragon Dancer that might give this trouble is Haxorus), and if that wasn't enough, throw on the potential burn from Boil Over to half their attack- They won't be doing much of anything, even if they do get to +6.
Baton Pass is preferred over Toxic if you're using Boil Over due to status redundancy. Baton Passing a +6, or even +2 boost to one of your bulkier teammates makes them into something to be feared (not to mention a probably painless switch given Vaporeon's lackluster speed)

• 10 months later...
[b][i][u][size=6]THIS IS A GEN 1 SET. DO NOT ASK ABOUT ITEMS OR EVS![/size][/u][/i][/b]

Vaporeon (F) @ (No Item)
- Acid Armor
- Substitute
- Surf
- Toxic

"IF I SEE ONE MORE GEN 1 WALL FROM ERICK, I'M GONNA BLOW [s] him[/s]" Anyway, this is yet another wall in Gen 1. Acid armor takes your great defense, and puts it on steroids. Once you're fully boosted, all best are off. Virtually nothing is going to hurt you. Substitute, and laugh at the opposing team's inability to make it fade. While under the sub you become a sweeping giant. Combine this puppy with my Gen 1 Electabuzz, and you have the engine of the rape train that I've been mentioning so often. Surf utilizes that massive special stat, while Toxic cripples the enemy team.

Electabuzz set ( [url="http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1142&hl=electabuzz&fromsearch=1"]http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1142&view=findpost&p=22556[/url] )