The Reborn League and Europe/Asia

Nova

There are several problems with the Reborn League outside America. In this thread, I will address the problems, carry out several solutions, list their pros and cons, and give my opinion.

The problem:

Because of time zones, the league hours (8-12 PM) are only fit for American players:

-The league hours are too late in Europe (about 2 am) so the Europeans can't join the League

-The league hours are too early in Asia, when most people are on the workplace/school so they often can't join either.

This means that only the Americans can easily join the League, while the Reborn League should be something that can be shared and enjoyed by everyone. As a European, I will try to create an amazing Reborn experience for Americans, Europeans and Asians alike (and everyone else, of course)!

The solutions:

1-Change league hours

1a-make the league hours later

1b-make the league hours earlier

2-Separate Leagues

2a-One Separate League (total of 2)

2d-Two Separate Leagues (a total of 3)

3-Adding hours to the current League:

3a-by adding weekends

3b-by just lengthening the hours

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-Changing the league hours

The league hours will be changed to better fit Europeans/Asians.

a-Make the league hours later (GMT-ish)

Pros

+Favors Europeans

Cons

-Bad for Americans and Asians

-Will cause confusion among Americans

-Doesn't solve the problem, only places some people in better positions and others in worse positions.

b-Make the league hours earlier (GMT +8 -ish)

Pros

+Favors Asians, slightly better for Europeans (daytime instead of nighttime)

Cons

-Bad for Americans

-Will cause confusion among Americans

-Doesn't solve the problem, only places some people in better positions and others in worse positions.

2-Separate League

Will create an additional league in another time zone.

a- one league

Pros

+Completely separate, no impact on American League

+Puts slightly less stress on current Leaders

+Effectively solves the problem for Europe

Cons

-Different skill levels (especially if the American and European League leaders have different Pokemon teams)

-Hard to implement (searching for the new leaders and managing both Leagues)

-Doesn't solve the problem for Asia, just gives them a choice between playing during the day or at midnight

b-Two Leagues

Creates two additional leagues, bringing the total to three: one for America, one for Europe and one for Asia.

Pros

+No time problems of any kind

+Little stress on every Leader

+Effectively solves the problem for everyone

Cons

-Different skill levels (especially if the American the leaders of each League have different Pokemon teams)

-Hardest to implement, hardest to manage

3-Adding hours to the current League:

3a-by adding weekends

Pros

+Almost everyone can make time to play during the weekends

+More players overall will be able to challenge the League

Cons

-More stress on current leaders

-Not all leaders are available/want to play on weekends

3b-by just lengthening the hours

Pros

+More players overall will be able to challenge the League

Cons

-More stress on current Leaders

-Not all Leaders will be available on the extra hours

-Does not entirely solve the problem (just adds more possibility for the Europe/Asia players to join in)

My Opinion

All solutions have their pros and cons, so a clear, decisive solution isn't there. Having one additional, separate league for Europe sounds like the best idea to me, but that's probably because i'm European myself. If a separate League ever becomes a thing, I'd be happy to become a Gym leader.

Final words

There are probably other solutions out there. If you have one, or have an addition to one of my solutions, comment it below. This is just a list of solutions with my opinion. Finally, Ame decides whether or not any of these solutions are implemented. Good luck in the League.

I think the easiest thing to do would be to move league hours forward by one hour. That would hugely help Europeans (we'd probobly be done by Midnight or so), and it wouldn't really impact on Americans. As for Asians...I'm not really sure what to do about that. Their hours are too differant for any plan to favour them aside from a seperate league...In which case they might as well use a differant server.

Adjusting league hours is easy enough, especially considering the europeon fan base is sizable, but running a seperate league logistically doesn't make sense. League hours can't be adjusted enough for asian players and another league doesn't really make sense. Now of course I'm speaking on my own behalf here and not Ame's. Just my two cents.

Discussion is all fine and dandy and all, but if the leaders and line hosts aren't available or willing, I doubt anything will go through. Putting stuff earlier would be a pretty nice convenience for me, but honestly, I'm not too affected by the late starting times (for now at least). I know a lot of Europeans would be very happy about these changes though as long as they managed to get in queue first or had priority of some sort. The thing is that queues can go all the way to 3am GMT at the current times when it's busy, and if we moved the times up, it'd become even busier, so we'd be seeing a spamfest for early spaces if Europeans didn't get any kind of priority.

Maybe the hours have to vary from week to week? I can cause some major confusion though, and it isn't easy for the GL's either. I'm just hoping the hours can be changed a bit in the hope of participating, because indeed, at this time, it's impossible for me to take part.

• Support Squad

I agree, with the earlier hours, as i have to get up at 6:30 and staying up til 1am is a strain for me. I'd really appreciate the ease of accss to league as i would really like to get involved in league

If anything league should start sooner and end at the same time, but we don't want to make the leaders stressed out. I'll see what Ame's thoughts are.

If by "stressed out", you mean "piss off Titania"

From what i've heard, all leaders are located in the US and it's already a huge pain for line host and leaders already being on call for the 3 hours in which league is held so even something like extending league by an hour is a huge deal for everyone

Is that a legitimate question?

Of course hosts are needed. We're like the leaders' managers. Something goes wrong, we handle it, they don't handle it. They already have to deal with spending 3 hours on the server, doing battles, so it's easier for us to handle other things.

In regards to the time idea, I don't know. We understand that the fanbase is quite full of Europeans and we don't like that they can't attend our league as much as they'd want to, but there's really no other option than starting earlier and ending at the same time, but that could cause some upset with some of the leaders depending on how their schedule is during the week.

Regarding original post and your suggestions;

I said it up there but the only real solution is starting earlier. Two leagues would be hell to manage, three leagues would be even more hell to manage. The leaders wouldn't want to do weekends, considering that's when they have time to go out and watch movies or whatever with their friends.

Better get moving, bitches.

patriotic_eagle_tank.jpg

MURICA, FUCK YEAH!!

In all seriousness, it would be nice if league started a little earlier. However, there's no need to add an extra hour, just keep the same hours, just at a different time frame. For example; Instead of 8-11, why not 7-10, or even 6-9? We keep the same hours, but just a little earlier. Everyone wins, people get to sleep earlier, those that have jobs don't have to worry as much(unless you have a 2nd shift one, but there isn't anything we can do about that really.) That's really the best thing to do imo.

Seeing as most gym leaders are available two or three days a week would it be too difficult to just nominate one of these days per week where leaders participate in a asian/europe friendly hours. I feel like we take enough time as it is from gym leaders as it is and would feel guilty taking more time from them.

Anything that would change league hours wouldn't help anyway for me

Cause 1 hour: 1am is not a good time on school days

2 hours: midnight still isn't nice for me cause I only have laptop till round 9:30pm

Guess if the hour changes get real I still only have Friday to get on

But that's just me

I'm from the UK, but I must be one of the few English people who's actually OK with the times as they are. While it would probably be more beneficial to everyone as a majority vote if the hours changed to complement everyone, I'm always staying up through the night and sleeping during the day, so the hours as they are actually make most of my night up, which I'm alright with if that wasn't obvious enough. But all things considered, yeah times probably need a little looking at when possible.

Edited by ShadowPulse

Anything that would change league hours wouldn't help anyway for me

Cause 1 hour: 1am is not a good time on school days

2 hours: midnight still isn't nice for me cause I only have laptop till round 9:30pm

Guess if the hour changes get real I still only have Friday to get on

But that's just me

Same for me, except that it'll be impossible on Friday as well. So, no League for me, lol.