Serperior

Amethyst

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 3 months later...
[LETS ALL DO THE SERP]
[Serperior] (M/F) @ [WiseGlasses/Life Orb]
Trait: [Contary]
EVs: [252 Spd 252 Spec Att 4 Spec Def]
[Timid] Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed/Taunt
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice/Ground

Serp's best set. Timid since your Special Attacks gonna be raised. Wise Glasses adds more punch while Life Orb is a great with Leech Seed. Leaf Storm is your main attack. Leech Seed if your using Life Orb or Taunt to stop any setups. Energy Ball for a deadly accurate move or Giga Drain to for a Taunt Life Orb. Hidden Power Ice takes out All the flyers and other Serps. Ground for steel killer.

• Administrators
Dual-Screen Lead
Serperior (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SDef / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt / Substitute
- Glare / Leech Seed
- Light Screen
- Reflect

This is a set I used to use on an older version of my league team, before I finalized the 5th gen changes. You can tell, I have this thing for Pokemon with Light Screen and Reflect. What sets Serperior apart is its speed. With the given EVs, you reach 352 speed, which is far faster than anything else that would even consider a DualScreen set. You've also got the usual Taunt on the lead, and Glare for whatever might actually be faster. But speaking of Taunt, well. Watch out for it. You'll be forced to switch if you get Taunted, so careful out there. That aside, the rest of the set is rather self-explanatory. Light Screen on a predicted Special Attack, and Reflect on a predicted Physical Attack. Taunt the status moves and... Glare is... A chance at survival? You have options for whatever might come at you.

Not Serperior's best set, but it's an alternative to the cookie-cutter Contrary Leaf Storm. Give it a shot. Also, so as not to post another set entirely, I've slashed in Sub and Leech Seed, as they were used on yet a third variation of Serperior that I've tried. Light Screen and Reflect were common factors, though. SubSeeding Grass types... No surprise here.

SubGlare
Serperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 108 Def / 108 SAtk / 40 SDef / 252 Spd (Yes, this IS diverse. But, it works like a baws)
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Glare
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ground]

Basically, it's used to set up a wall while crippling the opponent, making them crai with its bulkiness. Leaf Storm + Contrary is always nice, and HP Fire allows the Contrary boost to kill Jirachi/Ferrothorn, but Ground takes out Heatran/Blaziken who try to be baws but fail. <3

• 1 month later...
Slammin', Slashin' Serp @ Leftovers
EVs: 36 HP / 56 Atk / 228 Def / 188 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Coil
- Leaf Blade
- Taunt/DragonTail
- Slam

A snake that does not hide in the leafs within a storm! Instead, this serp coils it self to full power and lets its slammin and slashin do the talking. If a foe with heal or whirlwing comes out, taunt them and say goodbye!

• 2 years later...

Hidden Power Rock FTW? Takes care of flying AND fire at once (unless it's a blaziken, then you screwed)

Rock takes care of all its weaknesses. Though serpeior is pretty much screwed if it doesnt OHKO a weakness. Unless you raised its defenses all the way up, then you (cant) wont need to OHKO the opponent. Leaf storm + HP ice/fire is a lot more useful, IMO

Im only getting Stronger!
Serperior @choice specs
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 252 speed 252 special attack 6 HP
[Nature]Modest
-Leaf storm
-Dragon Pulse/leech seed
-Giga Drain/Dragon Pulse
-HP ice/fire/rock/ground

Leaf Storm is pretty much self-explanatory, because,  why not ? Every other contrary set has it, it works well with it, and heck, who doesnt want to raise their pokemon's stats to the maximum possible? Dragon pulse hits everything except for steel (and fairys), and HARD from the leaf storm boost. Leech seed would also work, because this serperior set tends to be fragile. Giga drain too, because sometimes, you just cant get by with the little HP leech seed gives you. Finally, a HP of your choice to finish up any other possibly dangerous pokes. HP fire is suggested for those who run Dragon Pulse, so then, you hit LITERALLY everything. Ice is also useful to hit those flying, dragon and other serps. Rock hits all of serp's weaknesses, and ground cripples heatrans who otherwise cripple serperior. 

Weaknesses: Heatran, Blaziken, HA talonflame...

^^ Switch out when you encounter those pokes. DONT EVEN TRY. Heatran resists everything serp deals out, Blaziken kills, and Talonflame outspeeds serp with supereffective flying type moves + gale wings.

Edited by grasssnake485

• 1 month later...

[The Dancing Snake]

Serperior (F) @ Lum Berry

EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Leaf Blade

- Aqua Tail / Outrage

- Knock Off

Sword Dance Serperior is quite interesting, and can work well against unprepared teams. Lum Berry cures any Burn or status condition you might get along the way. 240 Speed allows you to outspeed base 111 speed Pokemon such as max speed Thunderus (you don't really need any more than that). Leaf Blade is it's strongest physical grass type move, which works great after Sword Dance especially with that high critical hit ratio. There is a trade off between Aqua Tail and Outrage. Aqua Tail allows you to break through stuff like Heatran and Landorus-T, while Outrage lets you hit stuff like Dragonite and Charizard-X. Because Knock Off gets the boost in this generation, Serperior can actually use it against stuff like Aegislash, Lati@s, and other Pokemon, and have a chance as a successful Sword Dance Sweeper (provided your opponent's team is unprepared for it.

Edited by So Heroic

[Rise my Serpent King]

Serperior (M) @ Big Root

EVs: 100 HP, 150 Sp.Attack, 158 Attack, 50 Sp.Defense, 50 Defence

Nature: Adamant (+Attack, -Sp.Attack)

Moves:

-Leaf Blade

-Giga Drain

-Return/Wring Out

-Aerial Ace/Dragon Tail

Serperior is my all time fave Pokemon. I dont know why but he is. With the Big Root item it increases the amount of HP recovered with Giga Drain, which will help in both healing and adding power to Wring Out. His nature's Adamant 'cause Serperior naturally have good Sp.Attack and fair Attack and my Serperior mostly uses physical moves. The EVs average every stat out (if you're basing it off of max stats at lvl 100 as I did) at about 300 or so. I didnt add any Speed EVs 'cause Serperior's naturally a fast pokemon, max stats with a neutral nature gives it 231-325, so its safe to assume Serperior will hit first quite often. Leaf Blade is overall a great move and Giga Drain is useful, as explained above. Return is powerful if used right, and if you dont like using Return than Wring out is a good choice. And lastly Aerial Ace or Dragon Tail. Serperior, as awesome as it is, doesnt learn many good moves, even through TM/HMs and move tutors. Aerial Ace is good for Grass-Bug types and has about 60 power and never misses. Dragon Tail has the same power (I think its a bit more powerful, however) but has 90 accuracy, meaning it misses quite a bit, an average of 1 every 10 moves if you wanna be specific. So I usually go with Aerial Ace, but Dragon Tail is still pretty good.