Most Epic Intro of All Time!!!

Saber12

What's up I guess?

So I've lurked around here for basically too long and I figured I should try not to be so antisocial to the point where I'm selfishly playing games and reading other peoples opinions when I could be offering my own input. Anyways I've been playing pokemon reborn for a while now, I think when episode 8 was out and you know just checking the discussions on the forums, hints, opinions, whatever's recent. I thought maybe if I joined I could get into some really good discussions particularly about the design of pokemon reborn. Like the ruby/sapphire art style that's being used. The limitations of pokemon essentials along with rpg maker. And of course the difficulty of the game because we all know that's something everyone seems to go back and forth on. I'd like to discuss the challenges pokemon reborn brings to players but I should probably get my introduction out of the way.

I'm a big time gamer, lover of most anime/manga and forum reader even with my part time job and an obligation to set up a neat portfolio for getting a job in game design development. I enjoyed learning the process of developing games in school though there always seems like you don't have enough time to actually finish the project. Besides that it's always fun to dream big during preproduction.

I learned to use a few scripting languages in school. Now, I'm no heavy duty programmer(though I sort of was one semester) but I understand the basic idea of if statements and loops. I bring this up now because I saw a topic somewhere about the development of pokemon reborn. I don't know if there's a need for spriters or programmers but I don't mind trying to learn both. I'd like to join in if its possible of course I understand if its a no noobs type of project since the general goal for release dates was I think but I'm not too sure was one episode a month. Anyways let me know if I could be useful.

Besides that I still like just looking at art for what it is. My favorite style of art ,particularly character art, in this case tends to fluctuate between anime/manga and 3d final fantasy models.

I can't really pick any favorite anime shows over the list I've watched so I'll name some recent ones I liked: Ranma 1/2, Princess Resurrection, Attack on Titan, Rozen Maiden, Fairy Tale, Ramen Fighter Miku(it goes back to Pokémon and DBZ...sighs).

Some of the games I play are Pokémon Black and pretty much all the other main series games except R/B/G/S/C/HG/SS and platinum, Kingdom Hearts 2, Megaman Zero 4, Final Fantasy 12, Legend of Zelda(mainly the 3d games), Blazblue Calamity Trigger, just too many to name; sorry no money for Xbox.

I hope the forums have room for another gaming dude!

How you did this during this damn HostGator errors is beyond me.

Anyways, there's always more room. Just throw that sanity thing in the corner over there. Also, you should download Pokemon Online and come on the server. It's basically a chatroom that you can battle in, and it's where the majority of discussion happens.

Anyways, don't be afraid to PM me any questions. I'm always willing to help.

@Tempest Don't worry I'll have a lot of questions like how do you guys quote each other? I can barely send out a reply right now.

@Vinny Ok second in command. Thanks a lot. PM means post message right? Or another way of emailing people on here?

@ Kyra erm Snow uhh whichever's appropriate, uhh I might need a leash for mine...

@Arkhidon All right a third in command, I think. Thanks too man.

I can't believe how fast you can build a team on Pokémon online. Well guess I shouldn't take too long preparing. I'll come around sooner than you might think since the download is done.

So the quote should show up like this. Nope I did something wrong. Maybe I should try it later.

@Gaunt Thanks for the welcome.

@Fezzdog That lady in the vid scared me for a second... oh but thanks for the welcome.

@Neo Nice to meet you.

Ok team's built. Now I hope that I can find the chat section in less than an hour this time......

Edited by Saber12

I read a little but it'll but tough to finish. It's difficult for me to get into because I got used to the toned down and less bloody version. I'll probably come around to it since the series ended abruptly. As long as there isn't too much eye candy too.

@Secundum You see I meant to put that down here but.....yeah nice to know there's another fan around the forums.

Edited by Saber12

Thanks for the heads up sometimes its hard to get into something you're familiar with but not fully aware of. When I saw the way Hime used her own blood to bring Hiro back to life I was afraid of how different it'd be. I really loved the series for its comedy and horror mix. I guess the manga will give me a slightly different view. Oh and nice to meet you as well. ^_^

Gotta give the smiley a try, see?

• 2 weeks later...

What's up I guess?

So I've lurked around here for basically too long and I figured I should try not to be so antisocial to the point where I'm selfishly playing games and reading other peoples opinions when I could be offering my own input. Anyways I've been playing pokemon reborn for a while now, I think when episode 8 was out and you know just checking the discussions on the forums, hints, opinions, whatever's recent. I thought maybe if I joined I could get into some really good discussions particularly about the design of pokemon reborn. Like the ruby/sapphire art style that's being used. The limitations of pokemon essentials along with rpg maker. And of course the difficulty of the game because we all know that's something everyone seems to go back and forth on. I'd like to discuss the challenges pokemon reborn brings to players but I should probably get my introduction out of the way.

I'm a big time gamer, lover of most anime/manga and forum reader even with my part time job and an obligation to set up a neat portfolio for getting a job in game design development. I enjoyed learning the process of developing games in school though there always seems like you don't have enough time to actually finish the project. Besides that it's always fun to dream big during preproduction.

I learned to use a few scripting languages in school. Now, I'm no heavy duty programmer(though I sort of was one semester) but I understand the basic idea of if statements and loops. I bring this up now because I saw a topic somewhere about the development of pokemon reborn. I don't know if there's a need for spriters or programmers but I don't mind trying to learn both. I'd like to join in if its possible of course I understand if its a no noobs type of project since the general goal for release dates was I think but I'm not too sure was one episode a month. Anyways let me know if I could be useful.

Besides that I still like just looking at art for what it is. My favorite style of art ,particularly character art, in this case tends to fluctuate between anime/manga and 3d final fantasy models.

I can't really pick any favorite anime shows over the list I've watched so I'll name some recent ones I liked: Ranma 1/2, Princess Resurrection, Attack on Titan, Rozen Maiden, Fairy Tale, Ramen Fighter Miku(it goes back to Pokémon and DBZ...sighs).

Some of the games I play are Pokémon Black and pretty much all the other main series games except R/B/G/S/C/HG/SS and platinum, Kingdom Hearts 2, Megaman Zero 4, Final Fantasy 12, Legend of Zelda(mainly the 3d games), Blazblue Calamity Trigger, just too many to name; sorry no money for Xbox.

I hope the forums have room for another gaming dude!

I'm a huge fan of the Zelda 3D games (one of my personal favorites being Majora's Mask). I'm Zach and I'm also new here. Nice to meet you! ^_^