Corsola

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 9 months later...
Corsola (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 196 HP / 60 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Amnesia
- Power Gem
- Ingrain
- Stealth Rock

I'm a tank too guys! Can I play?!

Anyways, Rocks for entry hazard, Ingrain and Amnesia to help it stay alive and Power Gem to cause I felt it would be unexpected and it takes advantage of the Rock STAB, plus it lets you do something if you're Taunted

• 2 months later...
[Corsola is Corsola]
[Corsola] (M/F) @ [Leftovers]
Trait: [Regenerator/Natural Cure]
EVs: [252 HP/252 Defense/4 SpDef]
[Nature] Bold
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock/Confuse Ray

[Corsola has always been a sort of oddity, lurking in the nether regions of NU. It has poor stats, a fairly average movepool, and pretty "meh" typing. Its abilities are somewhat redeeming; Natural Cure is an excellent ability, and its new Dream World toy Regenerator is quite solid as well. Hustle on the underhand, leaves much to be desired with its lack of physical offensive prowess. Another inconvenience for Corsola is that its use of Stealth Rock is incompatible with Regenerator. Scald is a nice STAB to work with, though its not particular powerful. Your main source of damage will be Toxic, or Ice Beam against Pokemon weak to it. The EVs are physicall defensive; I find it rather counter productive to EV for Special Defense only to be OHKOed by commonly Special grass moves. However, you can go special defensive. As mentioned before, Regenerator is incompatible with Stealth Rock, however if your team doesn't need it Confuse Ray is a decent annoyance move. Of course, Natural Cure is still a fine ability.]

Corsola (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Scald
- Recover
- Aqua Ring

Dis is like the tier 1 of walls (it sucks) but it can still be used effectively in lower tiers. Start with Aqua Ring to have a stacked heal with leftovers. Next Toxic to do that stall thing. Feel free to switch out if you feel threatened or got statused. Scald for the taunting which will likely come.

• 9 months later...
Corsola (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rock Polish/ Stealth Rocks
- Ice Beam
- Recover/ Power Gem
- Scald
Corsola is a amazing beast in NU. I bet if Corsola were given better stats it would be in OU. Regenerator + Life Orb is extremely common, won't talk about that. Corsola's natural Bulk should allow it to set up Rock Polish/ Stealth Rocks before doing some hurt to the opponent. Other moves give decent SPATK coverage.

[quote name='Unknown Guy' timestamp='1353766319' post='48959']
Corsola (F) @ Leftover
Trait=Regenerator
Evs= SpATT 252/Spe 196 /HP 60
Modest Nature (+ SP ATT / -Att)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Power Gem
-Earthpower
[/quote]
Explain?

I'm bored waiting for somebody, so let me show you how it's done, Unknown Guy.

Typing On A Phone Is Pretty Hard

Corsola (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

This is for the Trick Room. Corsola, for such a good movepool, really is a letdown. However, it's got some things going for it. [b]Head Smash[/b] does a lot of damage and at +1 can OHKO a number of Pokemon in the tier that don't resist it, but Corsola also suffers a lot from it. If you somehow survive, you can [b]Recover[/b] the HP lost and repeat. Such a cute Pokemon shouldn't be able to learn [b]Earthquake[/b], I should add. [b]Curse [/b]allows it to outpace threats like Zweilous and be able to do some respectable damage back. Bascially, the strategy is to hurt as many Pokemon as you can as much as you can before you die. And with Head Smash, that will usually be a lot.