Graterras, A World in Peril. [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, sweet dreams people....well hopefully.....I doubt they will all be nice.

If you haven't noticed though, this is a rather interesting way for me to get more info on your characters. More specifically for Akuma, I am very interested in his past, and I want to know more about that day he lost his arm. ((I should note, he has both his eyes and His actual arm back in the dream)). So basically Typh, I will be tagging along with you as Thorne, as this is your character's past, I will let you take the lead on what happens ((oh and this isn't too be rude lol, but try to be as clear as you possibly can so I can easily follow along.)). The others dreams are a little more directed by me, but they will be more convos between a character I am controlling and theirs.

I still don't know who that is..... and still, I want to know of his village, and what happened to it, even if it is a bit cliche, I still want to know. ((sorry, for kinda making up a friend of his as well, but i kinda needed an in, hope that is fine lol.))

I get that feeling a lot xD

Anyway, since Aelia is involved he won't think clear (as if he ever does that) and insulting him won't get a reaction until a certain point.

May post up some of the rest of the avatars after the dreams are all wrapped up.

The avatars so far, if it wasn't obvious

Shard,Avatar to Tectaniteus, The first known Sentient life, was the backfire of the attempt to create self-aware life. He is a shell of Earth having no other elements be able to attach to his shell. As such he is an ancestor to all sentient life on Graterras. Shard is known to be endlessly wise and is the longest living thing in the universe created by the gods.

The Clockwork Gentleman, Avatar to Pyron, An automaton created by Pyron to be his lawkeeper. He is the Being that handles all Cinder Knights that break their oaths or commit blasphemy to their lord Pyron. He represents the Lawful side of Pyron.

The Crimson Knight, Avatar to Pyron, A suit of Armour fueled by an eternal fire. It is said he is the soul of the Greatest Cinder Knight to ever live given eternal form. He is the greatest Strategist the world has ever known, and as such he is Pyron's Chief Adviser of the Prime Material Plane. He represents Pyron's Neutral Side, as he has no concerns for Good or Evil, or Law and Chaos. All of the Crimson Knight's decision are based on pure strategy, and what makes the most logical sense at the time.

Snow. avatar to Aelia, A Suit of Armour infused with a powerful Northern Wind. Much like the Crimson Knight, Snow is rumored to be the soul of the Strongest Dervish to ever live. She is a rough and tumble Warrior, that was known for a no nonsense approach to everything. She firmly believes only the strongest deserve to live and those that cannot survive on their own deserve to met their ends. She represents Aelia's more WIld Side, and is quite strange entity from a Goddess of the mind. It is said she more represents the harsh spirit of the Land of Aurora more so than her own goddess's traits.

Blue. avatar to Seeker, Blue is a by product of the deal between the pact of the Elder God and Seeker. He was the First Mind Flayer, and is therefore more powerful than the others. He is one of the Keeper's of Seekers Eternal Library, or The Library of Alexandria. Blue is bothered by the off hands of the approach of the Gods to the wolrd of Graterras, and as such is willing to break those rules to help or save the People of Graterras, as he has been found helping the mortals before he is one of the weakest avatars. Blue represents the urge to act on the knowledge one has, he tries to help people with it, rather than horde it too himself.

There are other avatars but I won't be going over them now, might do a few every now and again though as a kind of look into the lore of my world. ((both Tectaniteus and Seeker also have a Knight, that is the strongest of their Templar order to ever Live, just as a side note.))

So that means that the elemental gods are (indirectly, in Seeker's case)reaching out towards the heroes? More or less? How much of a part of their respective gods are the avatars btw?

Also... I'm reading the previous chapters again and I must say, I'm rooting for Sigurd to be acknowledged more by Lady Aelia lol (no, I don't mean it like a ship, that would kinda ruin the Templar to God/dess image I think). I'm not quite sure why, but the interaction between the goddess and her loyal templar gives me a nice feeling of some sort XD

Oh yea Murdoc yours is over since you walked away from Clockwork. ((you could talk to him more if you want, but that is up to you.)).

@Zeph, Yes, the Gods basically are reaching out, normally this wouldn't happen at this point in a heros career however, due to Lumabella reviving you, the Gods got curios as to who you were. On the second part, it depends highly, but usually avatars represent 1 aspect of their respective God. Like the Crimson Knight is a Strategist and is the more War-like side of Pyron, were as The Clockwork Gentleman is the more Lawkeeper type. This is also why the Avatars have simple names or things that are concepts or Ideas, moreso than real names. Most Gods have 2 Avatars representing one side of their Philosophies in regard to Good vs. Evil and Law vs. Chaos. (( Crimson Knight represents Pyron's philosophy towards Good and Evil, he is Neutral and will do anything necessary to get ahead. Where as Clockwork represents his stance on Law and Chaos. In Pyron's case, this is Lawfulness, and it shows how he follows a code. [and the strictness of the CInder Knight's Code reflects this, Clockwork enforcing it.]))

However some break this rule, Like Mortimo, though Mortimo is a special case having 5 avatars. ((they are all angels of death and they Shepard the lost souls to the underworld. It should also be noted here, while Mortimo is Evil, the world thinks he is not, as Mortimo tries to hide the fact that he is.))

You would remember them yes, it be weird if you didn't lol. And sadly, no Typh, your dream is kinda a nightmare of Akuma reliving what happened in the past. ((I figured him seeing Oarloff, just dug up the old memories from his past and it just triggered a dream about it. But is mostly an excuse because I want to know what happened in his past lol.))

It used to be customary to bid one farewell by repeating whatever it was they said (such as Jews bidding each other Shabbat Shalom on the sabbath instead of one saying that and the other being like, "ok yeah wahtever bye"), so Dru will say it as a courtesy, not realizing the importance.

Edited by Jory

and just so you know Chim, Snow is being harsh to Sigurd, because she is a lot like him. She sees herself in him and she was once what she considered weak ((and similar to Sigurd is now, she matured in a sense and became what she is now. Though she doesn't exactly remember her life when she was Human.)). All the Knights ((4 avatars in total of the Elemental Gods.)) have back-stories, but they aren't something I will be sharing right now.

I think you missed mine, as I updated it at one point. Mr Buttons has given Oarloff the power of Magic. more so non-combat stuff. ((if you need some details on stuff pm me, but most of your spells don't directly hurt people. Oh and who or what Mr. Buttons is is staying secret for now.))

You may have missed it since it was when I missed yours once, and then I went back and edited a previous post as I didn't have a current update I could do at the time.

and just so you know Chim, Snow is being harsh to Sigurd, because she is a lot like him. She sees herself in him and she was once what she considered weak ((and similar to Sigurd is now, she matured in a sense and became what she is now. Though she doesn't exactly remember her life when she was Human.)). All the Knights ((4 avatars in total of the Elemental Gods.)) have back-stories, but they aren't something I will be sharing right now.

I kinda got that feeling from how she talked to him. Sigurd would probably react similar, but a bit more rude.