Graterras, A World in Peril. [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cutting with air currents can be achieved under the Thunder version of them. I included sonic booms, which, if in small and localized areas could be used to cut. ((think like a whip, they break the sound barrier, but now do it with the air current at the end of a sword. It would be like focusing that lose air into a whip and cracking them with it.)) It would be hard to focus that energy and use it to attack a buttload of times so it would remain balanced. But it would give them more than an ability or 2 that it could do. They could shout sending a dude flying, or even shout to cause there to be vibrations in the air nullifying Music or sound based attacks. The ascended powers of Templars are only able to be used that have surpassed their style, so they should be powerful. ((like your guys Templars might not get to the levels of which you could actually use them.))

I will definitely change the Fire Templars to Lightning, giving them more useable Ranged Attacks, and the ablitiy to coat their blades in soemthing other than Fire. However using it would be entirely different to using fire. ((Fire would be activated by passion whether that be Rage, etc... Lightning on the other hand would be activated by the absense of passion, or the reverse state of Fire. Calming your soul so much that the flames focus to a single point and become something else.)).

Like with Earth, they can pull it from anywhere. But they must relaern their craft to apply it to gems. They have to follow the delicate pattern of which gems grow, or risk making something brittle that doesn't work. It is entirely different practice based on the same foundation.

Water changing temps is already enough, because they must learn to use water in a liquid state, a gaseous state and a solid state, each having benefits and drawbacks.

Wind should ahve something in the same vein. This is one reason I went with Thunder. The Wind they normally use doesn't have many attack function. It is delicate wind. It can increase their speed, propel small objects. ((includes moving an opponents sword enough to block a fatal blow, or moving an allies shield to block one as well.)) it can't be used to outright kill or inflict harm. Thunder, or hard wind, is Wind combined with the force of Sound. As such, they use yelling or someway to manipulate sound into the wind causing it to have different properties then the "delicate wind." "Hard Wind", would be used primarily for attacking, or forcing things to happen, where as "delicate wind" enhances things, or gently guides them to happen. Like one couldn't blast an opponent away with "delicate wind", but they could with "Hard Wind". I hope that makes sense....it does sound vague and like I am bullshitting things lol.

TL:DR

"Delicate Wind" = Finesse

"Hard Wind" a.k.a Thunder = Force

^ why the rep system on this forum annoys me lol. I know somebody read the above post....but then they had nothing to say afterwards. I trying to see if that makes sense, or fits well with the WInd Templars we have come to know. What do you guys think? ((basically...if I have a player base, I am going to ask them about changes to the world. This affects the world they are playing in, so I would love to at least hear what they think of a change I am going to make.))

Sorry, I kinda... my mind is blank right now. >> and while I thought that the modifications to the Templars' powers were pretty neat, I couldn't think of anything actually helpful to say...

The cutting with air currents can be achieved under the Thunder version of them. I included sonic booms, which, if in small and localized areas could be used to cut. ((think like a whip, they break the sound barrier, but now do it with the air current at the end of a sword. It would be like focusing that lose air into a whip and cracking them with it.)) It would be hard to focus that energy and use it to attack a buttload of times so it would remain balanced. But it would give them more than an ability or 2 that it could do. They could shout sending a dude flying, or even shout to cause there to be vibrations in the air nullifying Music or sound based attacks. The ascended powers of Templars are only able to be used that have surpassed their style, so they should be powerful. ((like your guys Templars might not get to the levels of which you could actually use them.))

This reminds me of Skyrim, btw. And that'd nerf Rangers in a way, unless they've got heavier arrows or projectiles... would probably give me a headache. XD All in all though, without Sonicboom or Boomburst-esque abilities for Wind Templars, their abilities sort of give them really good Support ability...

On the other hand, if Wind Templars ever become powerful enough to be able to pull out air from an area, that would nullify Fire, and a Water Templar's ability to pull out water from the atmosphere/form water vapor... I think.

By the way, it actually wouldn't. While yes they would get ranged attacks, they can't use them all the time. ((it isn't like they could throw sonic boom after sonic boom. It takes a lot of energy to do that and it would tire them quickly. A Ranger that uses a bow can pretty much fire arrows until they run out without really any draw backs.))

And they would never be powerful enough to remove all the air from an area, that would like kill them using all that energy no matter how powerful. ((in Fire's case....it would be better to be hit by the attack rather than nullifing in the case of it hitting one person. however they could say sacrifice them self to stop a giant fireball from killing an entire party.))

Na, nothing that crazy would be able to happen most likely. The Only Huskarls of WInter that could have ever been powerful enough to do that would have been Snow when she was alive maybe.

But I am kinda confused about what you are asking me lol.

Yea no, I don't want to give a person the power of a natural disaster....outright anyway. In the end templars maybe able to use magic, but they are not mages. Mages need room to have magic that just blows Templar Magic out of the water. ((kinda like how Priest Magic is more Powerful than that of Paladins. Their training in Fighting makes them not as adept in magic. This should be the case for Templars, even Water Templars you have stronger magic than the others relatively speaking.))

Is this a cue for Akuma to go leeroy jerkins? cause i don't wanna put the group in a jeopardy. lol

Let's stay on the cautious side. Helze should take the lead since we're going through the woods.