Graterras, A World in Peril. [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up, Zephyr you can start the training posts if you want. (feel free to just rp the other people being trained, Jupiter will probably be training other people, but I may make a few posts with her as well.)

Also Chim, You are hanging on something right now. (encounter with the kid lol.) I know you might still be having internet troubles, so get to it when you can man. (Bjorn and Chauff aren't getting any younger, pretty sure Chauff would say that to you, then Bjorn would yell at him to stop rushing Sigurd.).

Also how weird of a name is Chauff to you guys? I literally couldn't think of a name for the dude so I kept typing in random letters until I got something I liked, thinks it fits him well, sounds like an old geezer to me.

yep, that is one of the many Hukuna naming methods. People think I am crazy since a lot of my methods seem very random. (and it also is why it is hard to teach sometimes, my methods can't be replicated by everyone, I have a lot of practice of just pulling stuff out of my ass. It is a very hard skill to master that is for sure.)

I think my internet is fixed for now. Haven't had any problems all day but that's usually when it goes wrong.

And I like Chauff, That's why I have a feeling he's going to die in the war. GoT-style: kill all fan favorite characters

Na, he isn't fighting, so he is fine.....FOR NOW!!!!!! (Well I am actually planning on sending Chauff and Bjorn with you guys, wanted to add some non-combatants to the traveling group for some variety and stuff lol.) Basically, Chauff and Bjorn are some old dudes, while they are able to help put up the walls, they won't be fighting in full-out combat.

also, Murdoc it is fine, 80 years isn't too ridiculous. (if you said anymore than 100, it would start to get hard to believe he would be at this power lever, since he would be very behind. Keep in mind, you guys are still growing, and elves in their formative years take longer to grow than say humans, so 80 years is a good time frame. )

don't know what that means, but okay lol.

anyways, this post isn't about that so back to business. anyway since Flux is now backI will be doing some of the Recon Team's mission. I will try to keep it light however if I can so that I don't kill you guys with text walls. Mostly, what I am saying is I am going to try and RP Acquie's character as little as possible. (because I have gone all Harbringer, and for now have assumed direct control.) It is because I can't, just for the sake of not killing you guys with walls of texts since I have 3 npcs in that party. (but mostly for the sake of time and I want to hurry it up just a splash.)

Is it alright if I let Sigurd confront Orpheaus about that battle? Or should I keep it for after? Since he's a bit hot-headed plus the overwhelming defeat in chapter 1, he won't be silent about it for long.

Bishounen = anime/Japanese term for gorgeous guys/pretty guys/guys who look like girls

I think that last one kind of includes Cross-dressing men, right?

As a High Elf, not actually all that surprising, as I think it is safe to safe, only really Drow Elf Males are highly masculine compared to their Female counterparts. Elves as a people are pretty androgynous, and have different standards of beauty etc then the other races. Other than the deep-seeded issues, it is one reason Dwarves and Elves don't get along. While Dwarves are very Down to Earth individuals, even in their humour Elves are very much the opposite. They throw out a lot of what we consider commonplace (gender roles being a big one.). They are also very flighty people and tend to have their heads in the clouds. (keep in mind in some fantasies they are considered Fae, and they are cousins of the Fae-folk in Graterras. So they are very different to the more commonplace races of the world.) I am going a bit typically on Elves and Dwarves in common fantasy, with a bit of my own spice added in.

(Also this is why I personally don't play Elves very often. I don't identify with them. also Flux sorry, that was another reason I was having trouble staying in Aervana.....Elves really aren't my thing. It isn't that I don't like them by the way, they are an interesting race, but not something I personally enjoy playing. In D and D I am the guy that if playing a traditional race, I like my Dwarves and Gnomes. Otherwise I try to play more inhuman stuff, such as Lizardmen or Kobolds.)

Edited by Hukuna

Also thinking of songs that represent all the NPCs you guys have met. It is something I just really like doing, and it is great fun to me, going to have to put them in spoilers though, since whenever I post a link to a youtube video it embeds the video and it would get out of hand pretty quickly lol.

Orpheaus

The Gentleman

Bjorn

will probably have some more soon, only ones I have definitely decided on lol.

Feel free to suggest songs by the way if you think any of them fit one of the NPCs lol. I will probably keep that list up to date somewhere lol. I am only really doing this for major characters though. (and I choose them over all, since I would like to think I know my own characters best lol.)

Also not trying to kill the tension here Chim, but there is almost a 100% chance you will die if you keep pressing Orpheaus in this manner. I don't have any misgivings killing off a character if they pressed it, just giving you a heads up so you know. (even though it seems you have the "upper" hand at the moment, you actually don't, so choose wisely.)