Graterras, A World in Peril. [OOC/Sign-Ups]

Raindrop Valkyrie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said I don't have a way to activate it myself? Who says it isn't everywhere on the Shattered Hills by now? I dunno.....do you?

So we're screwed anyway? xD

Btw Sigurd is just following around until something happens.

I don;t think any of your characters would know Gnoll culture, but that powder he threw over you is Prayer Dust. It is made of a mixture of Oxidized Iron and other metals. It is a rather important thing in Gnoll prayers and rituals. The one Cookie just did was the Traveler's Prayer, or The Blessing of the One Who Walks. It is spoken before a group goes on an important journey, such as a Gnoll leaving their village for a pilgrimage or a long journey. It is one of the most important Gnoll rituals as it is one of their highest values. Gnolls glorify their trailblazers, the ones who find lost treasures of the world and wonders no others have seen. This stems from their highly nomadic life style long ago, but now as they aren't nomads really it is a mystery as to why it remained. However, they value these people highly. ((Dru possibly could, but I doubt he would know that much of their culture.)) Gnolls worship Aelia above the other gods, as they believe in the winds of the world, that they find hidden places, however they worship the other 3 Elemental gods as well. They believe Tectaniteus is the true keepr of secrets, hiding things deep within the earth. They Believe Pyron to be the one who gives the Trailblazers the passion and courage to seek out those secrets. And they believe Seeker gives them the wisdom and knowledge to find them.

Why does Cookie know it, and have the things necessary to perform it? I dunno.

Lol. I actually am not a big fan of 3.5/Pathfinder in my limited experience, and editions before those are outside my experience. I appreciate 4e because it's easy to pick up and it's virtually impossible to make a useless character unless you try. (Whereas in, say, Pathfinder, you could build a fantastic rogue. . . and then run into nothing but combat where the best you can do is throw your dagger and pray to Avandra that a giant cockroach doesn't rip you in half. The reverse happens to barbies.)

To get back to gnolls, I found out that Dragon 367 had a section devoted to playing as them. Your canon seems a bit different for them, though.

So.....I don't want to skip since you guys are in a forest full of bad guys, but I feel like it might just drag on with not a lot happening. So would it be a tension killer if I moved you guys up a bit closer to Sorrow's Spring? Like it doesn't feel right under the circumstances...but I don't want this to stall out either.