Skarmory

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 3 months later...
Oh yeah... without BB it's useless if Taunted, without Roost it gets pwnt in 4 rounds tops or kills itself with BB.If you're making it a Setupper, change ability to Sturdy. Dropping some EVs to Sp.Def 'n Spe/Att wouldn't hurt too.

• 1 year later...

Note about Winter's set: I would go with Custap Berry on the first set, not Leftovers. Guarantees that Stealth Rock and at least one layer of Spikes get down.

And now onto my craziness!

I'll Skar You Alright!

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell / Leftovers
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head / Rock Slide / Return / Drill Peck
- Return / Drill Peck / Iron Head / Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Roost / Substitute

Boring defensive set is boring! Use Skarmory's hidden ability, Weak Armor, to turn Skarmory into a surprising physical attacker that will throw off your opponents. It's undeniable that his attacking move pool sucks, but remember you have five other Pokemon to take out Steels with. Thus this set I prefer to have on a sun team. Iron Head or Drill Peck is your STAB and it will hurt after a Swords Dance. Rock Slide is rather weak but hits neutral against Forretress, Heatrsn, etc. Return pounds whatever resists your Iron Head, namely whatever isn't Steel type isn't named Chandelure. Roost heals off the damage that set off Weak Armor, but you can set up and avoid status behind a Substitute. Finally, your item choice. I would take Shed Shell like 90% of the time as it lets you switch out of Tag Chandelure's grasp, but Leftovers will slowly heal damage should you take it to Ubers, which it really isn't that bad in.

Noob

Skarmory (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

This is your traditional Skarmory set-up. Set up a few layers of spikes, take some physical damage and roost it up, brave bird in case you get taunted, and whirlwind when things don't seem to fit together.

• 1 year later...

Skarred for Life

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Toxic

- Roost

- Iron Head / Steel Wing / Brave Bird

- Defog / Substitute / Stealth Rock

Pretty straightforward set for Skarmory in 6th gen, same old physical wall, though this time I took a slightly different, more offensive approach. This kit revolves around Toxic-stalling this time around, whittling opponents down to helplessness. Roost is the healing move that Skarmory will enjoy, though caution around slow Ground-types should be taken. The last status move is a toss-up depending on the team's needs; Defog to throw away hazards, Substitute for scouting, status prevention and the like, and Stealth Rock to advance the process of chipping away at enemies, particularly Talonflame and Charizard. (out of those, I prefer Subsitute). Your attack move is a matter of taste. Iron Head is straightforward and reliable. Steel Wing doesn't do as much, and sometimes misses, but a boost in Defense can be a dealbreaker in lengthy stall battles, making it a choice for the lucky. Brave Bird hits the hardest, but will hurt Skarmory...but it can heal the damage off. Finally, you can take Leftovers as a recovery aid, or a Rocky Helmet to further counter physical attacks and surprise opponents on a switch in.