• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that is true... however, you're not taking into account one crucial fact: Edward is a Player Character. None of the Hoarding NPCs have been punished thus far.

Thus far not, but there's a catch to it: if you remember Dante's Inferno, this circle is a battle between Squanderers and Hoarders. The whole working thing is not the real punishment, the war that is coming near is... And when it starts, there will be hell to everyone.

Not to mention, the bank NPCs are not necessarily normal hoarders. They are Staff from the circle, much like the giants in Gluttonny and the succubus in Lust.

Well smuag is likely far more powerful in terms of raw brutality and strength, but he doesn't strike me as one who would be leading the operations of a circle... and we honestly have seen nothing of what Gestas can do so far aside from his trapdoors and drop down machine gun tricks, but he could have some powerful magicks at his beck and call or something...

but if there's someone somewhere in there even more powerful than smaug and theoretically Gestas both ...GG, rip for all of us. We'll overcome all challenges with the power of teamwork (Yeah, right... like that's gonna happen around here anymore...)

That's fine Panda. I'd like to hurry the story on our end along, so if you could post in the IC thread soon I'd be grateful

Sorry, I've been busy! I'm on break now! So I can post more often now, till Tuesday.

Could someone help guide my character along till the next chapter. I'm a little lost on to what exactly is going on.

Edited by ApatheticPanda

Panda, I suggest you do some reading on this chapter specifically so you don't get lost. Also, try avoiding super short posts like this last one, this kind of thing affects the quality of your writing. Take a look at how everyone makes it: you gotta develop your character's perception of the world around him and how he reacts to the environment.

Panda, I suggest you do some reading on this chapter specifically so you don't get lost. Also, try avoiding super short posts like this last one, this kind of thing affects the quality of your writing. Take a look at how everyone makes it: you gotta develop your character's perception of the world around him and how he reacts to the environment.

Sorry, I'll try have more effort next post.

Well, right now, Phantom is under the impression that Ethic and Mr. Taylor were chasing Reil, so we'll see how that works out... He traveled with Mr. Taylor for a time two circles ago, and he's seen Ethic in previous circles as well, so he thinks they're good people, but he's just confused. After that, who knows?

Phantom can sense presence apparently when he's inside his alternate dimension; which I presume to be how he managed to recognize Ethic Taylor and Reily before he actually saw them. Since taylor's presence is more or less the same even though he's a far younger man in appearance now, I'm guessing Phantom is pretty much just saying "Screw it, it must be him even despite that."

at least, that's just how I personally am interpreting this whole scene as being. Flux would be able to give you a better answer most likely.

How does Phantom know who Mr. Taylor is?

Well, I'll admit that I forgot that Mr. Taylor was young now, so that's part of the problem. :ph34r:

He still would have the same "feel" (for lack of a better term) as the old Mr. Taylor when sensed from the other dimension though, but I suppose I'll edit it so he's a bit more unsure if he was correct.