Hey you! Yeah you!

Mashew

It's come to my attention that some/most of the users don't exactly feel they have a voice when it comes to Reborn affairs. This has never been the intention of staff to make users feel less than well people. I know in the past that we haven't been the friendliest or nicest when it comes to letting users have a voice or opinion on matters but that should change. So I'm making this topic to let all of you users, regulars or ace, whoever that you have a voice in Reborn! Any questions or concerns or just general things you'd like to discuss by all means bring it up to the staff or in a topic, this topic if you'd like. Something that everyone should feel is they are a person, they are welcomed and they do have a voice. We're a community of people, we all have something in common that made us come here and stay. Let's act like it and try and work together to fix problems, work towards goals and talk and answer questions.

I know I'm REALLY not the best at wording topics or making them, hell someone else should have probably made this but I did. I apologise if it's difficult to understand but please just know, you have a voice. We care about you and are happy that you are here. No matter how short of a time it has been.

Certain staff do have their own back channels if you'd like to try and hop in those if you have questions, or just PM us!

Perhaps i am overly optimistic, but i don't think there's anything that needs to be fixed, besides the goddamn server crashes and forum downtime. Actually those are really annoying though i hope they get fixed.

Edited by chuckles

Can't stress enough what Mashew said. If there is a concern that is wracking, a curiosity that is burning, or just something in general that you feel you need to get off your chest, then please feel free to let the staff know. It doesn't always have to be Reborn-related, just give the staff a holler and I'm confident they'll do their absolute best to talk to you.

For those of you that feel uncomfortable talking to the staff about stuff, or if you think for some reason that it's not important enough, then there's the Aces, people like myself. While I can't speak for the others, I myself know that I am comfortable about talking about anything you want. I'm always lendin' an ear, so feel free to hunt me down. I'm on a lot.

Perhaps i am overly optimistic, but i don't think there's anything that needs to be fixed, besides the goddamn server crashes and forum downtime. Actually those are really annoying though i hope they get fixed.

I wish I could say differently, but as far as I've been informed that's stuff that's largely out of the staff's control. The only thing I could really say is that I feel your pain. However, these issues inevitably do get resolved in time, so...please have patience, I guess. I don't know what else to say.

The same for me, there really isn't a thing that i want fixed or to be corrected at all (for now at least ^_^)

I know a lot of people will have a go at me for saying this, but I'd like more info and 'definite' stuff about when lines etc. go down in league. For example, if a line host is not there etc. I'd like a 100% confirmation that X line will not run that night, rather than "It might run if they get on." etc.

I know a lot of people will have a go at me for saying this, but I'd like more info and 'definite' stuff about when lines etc. go down in league. For example, if a line host is not there etc. I'd like a 100% confirmation that X line will not run that night, rather than "It might run if they get on." etc.

There are the announcement messages at the start of the chat upon logging in. And they should update once league starts. But, as you said, it's not entirely definitive. Thankfully, that's only an application to the League and not any other part of the community.

Pertaining to the topic, I think most users, as they should, look up to auth and mods as an example for the community. My one concern is that some of the actions the auth take do not coincide with a great example. Call me a killjoy, but I don't particularly find it funny that a person in the chat is kicked for no reason. If they are obviously spamming, hating, terrorizing, etc., then that's a perfect reason to kick. But wanton kicking is of little hilarity.

Fortunately (for my not-discarded sanity), I've seen less of that, so I tip my hat to the auth. Thank you for your contributions to the community.

The reason why we're not definitive about things like that is because sometimes it's not guaranteed that they'll be there or not be there. Like, when Kirito has class or clubs, we never know if he'll be on in time or be on afterwards. It's all just a matter of figuring that out, but in the future, if Kirito or someone else says that they may not make it, I'm going to start just making the topics say "soandso line will not run tonight" rather than "will probably be late or won't run at all" - thanks for concerns ^^

There are the announcement messages at the start of the chat upon logging in. And they should update once league starts. But, as you said, it's not entirely definitive. Thankfully, that's only an application to the League and not any other part of the community.

Pertaining to the topic, I think most users, as they should, look up to auth and mods as an example for the community. My one concern is that some of the actions the auth take do not coincide with a great example. Call me a killjoy, but I don't particularly find it funny that a person in the chat is kicked for no reason. If they are obviously spamming, hating, terrorizing, etc., then that's a perfect reason to kick. But wanton kicking is of little hilarity.

Fortunately (for my not-discarded sanity), I've seen less of that, so I tip my hat to the auth. Thank you for your contributions to the community.

The wanton kicking may be of little hilarity to someone who doesn't understand, but most of the time, we're joking around with the users and they realize that. We even turn off the kickdelay a majority of the time so they don't have to wait to get back in, but your concerns are understood. ^^

Agreed with Shuckle up there. For me Reborn is an awesome place as it is running right now, both on the server and Forums, and the only real problem is HostGator's responsabilty after all.

Still it was a very nice initiative to make this thread, so thanks Mashew.

In the future, if Kirito or someone else says that they may not make it, I'm going to start just making the topics say "soandso line will not run tonight" rather than "will probably be late or won't run at all" - thanks for concerns ^^

That would be REALLY helpful. I don't think anyone minds if a line doesn't run, and I personally would rather the admins just did that (what you just said). =)

They already do. If there's an issue with a host there's always a topic stating there'll be a holdup.

I don't do League often, but it seems like every time the line host is gone, their backup is nowhere to be found. If someone's job is to be there to help out when the main guy can't, and they never can, then they don't need to be doing the job.

This isn't even touching on the overly padded Auth list that we've got atm.

Well damn, beat to answering questions by the fiance. Whatevah.

They already do. If there's an issue with a host there's always a topic stating there'll be a holdup.

I don't do League often, but it seems like every time the line host is gone, their backup is nowhere to be found. If someone's job is to be there to help out when the main guy can't, and they never can, then they don't need to be doing the job.

This isn't even touching on the overly padded Auth list that we've got atm.

Generally when we have the no host no back up problem it's because the back up has work. I know we're trying to get the back ups on more and lines are getting even 2 back ups each. It's not very productive and what not but it helps league to run. But! This all may change, League itself might. All exciting things waiting to be unveiled~.

And like I said in the back channel, speak your mind and share your opinion on things so we all can discuss it so if you want to say somethin' bout the auth list by all means do it. Talk talk taaalk. >:c

try this: sometimes no one could even be on the website for no obvious reason because hostgator.

Iunno exactly what you mean by this but, that's nothing really under our control. The host of our site doesn't like that we sometimes get spammed with the bots because it lags the entire server of their network so we get temporarily suspended, in which time Amethyst/nyu work and fix it so that the forums can come back to everyone as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience of this ^^ But it's not something that should be happening regularly.

Reborn is running quite nicely and there aren't really any issues that I can think of (other than server and forum d/c's but those'll take time, I understand). There were some other good points brought up but those are just minor. So I think we can focus on ways to possibly improve or add to what we've got, as we are already doing :D

But yeah good job on this topic Mash. Good for people to know they can make a difference.

This was a really good call of a topic, it's actually pretty reassuring.

Not to mention it puts a good front to new members.

Edited by Telos

I've mentioned more colours on trainer card registration, mainly for the frames.

Dunno if it's being considered or has any relation to this topic, but I'd like it.

I'm sure Amethyst wrote this down somewhere, I'll talk to her about it and see what's up. And of course it has relation to the topic it's a suggestion about Reborn so! Thanks.

And thanks everyone else for backing up this topic~