Force android players into a seperate channel.

Doj

On the subject of issues that arise during times on the server when there is a lack of auth, would it would be an idea to filter the random Android players into a seperate channel, considering they tend to be the main cause of rulebreaking during the early mornings?

Beta version 1 would automatically put anything with "Guest#####" in their name into an Android Channel, and it did a good job of seperating the stupid from the rest of the server. I know it's not that hard to put into practice using regular expressions. Alternatively, players with "Android player." in their TI could get the same treatment.

Then just edit your TI to not have Android player. in it, and avoid using a guest name (which you already do).

The android users who form the problem tend to not even have the mental capacity to figure this out.

And even if you would still be put in the android channel, you could simply join the main channel after logging in.

If you could join the main channel, then the point of this is defeated.

I think you underestimate how smart said android users actually are. Some don't even know how to exit a server, speaks for itself.

It is getting out of hand. Same dude kept challening me to a battle. i beat him 3 out of 4 times, each time he said "Fuck You" after i told him GG, then would challenge me again to another battle with a completely different team. each time an inverted battle, thinking he would trick me and win.

I got so fed up with it i kept declining, he would message me calling me a coward and then that i was scared. I felt i was being harrassed, so i put him on ignore.

Ignore can solve some problems, but at the same time something like the above just shouldnt happen.

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

if they prove themselves then they are allowed into the main channel. treat it like principals at school, a couple of bad apples ruin it for everyone. Because some android players want to be asshats, all android players must suffer now.

And what do you do to the android users who are actually willing to learn/contribute?

Do we shoot someone moving towards us before we know their intent?

Obviously, as that android channel will be a public channel as well, it'll need supervision and regulation. Some assigned members can keep watch in said channel, and inform Android users who actually seem eager to be a proper server user of how they can join the main channel.

Or the android FAQ can notify them of this as well. The cancerous android users wouldn't even bother taking a look at it.

I strongly oppose this as not all members are that bad, and I don't think all andriod users should be punished for the few that are cancerous. Argubly, a troll with a computer that knows how to proxy is far more damaging then a troll with a phone. The ignore button exists for a reason.

I have to go against placing the Androids in a separate box. If the best solution to a problem is shipping it away, it's no solution. There are, as I see it, two or three options.
1) Continue as is and ignore/ban trolls.
2) Open a new channel (which would require additional server monitoring, supervision, etc.)
3?) Require that the Android user "earn the trust" of moderators in the main chat so that they can remain. Obviously, this is the most taxing. It's essentially additional servicing, more moderator/auth work, and the consistent presence of auth (which, according to RDash, is not at all times) or high-priority bot banning in the chat.

I strongly oppose this as not all members are that bad, and I don't think all andriod users should be punished for the few that are cancerous. Argubly, a troll with a computer that knows how to proxy is far more damaging then a troll with a phone. The ignore button exists for a reason.

They're not being punished. They're simply kept away from the main channel and would be able to find their way back into it with ease, as long as they're actually players who aren't only on the server to irritate others.

2) Open a new channel (which would require additional server monitoring, supervision, etc.)

This is what the whole suggestion is about

I like this idea. As long as Andriod players aren't locked to that channel. If they can change to the main channel, then those who are smart enough to get back will. We just have the /t mention that it's a separate android channel and give the name of the main channel for them to switch to

Nah. I rarely check the rules somewhere until I'm certain I'm sticking around. I just follow common sense until the issue comes up (Not like, I break them, as in, someone else breaks them and I feel like looking them up)

I hate being mean but. I really hate having to tell 20 people a day the rules and 'how 2 play'. And alot of them are trolls and very annoying and putting them on ignore really isn't enough. Alot of them expect everybody to stop what they're doing and help them with whatever problem they've encountered. After the 5th person I don't think anybody has the patience. This is the easiest fix that benefits us and them, because when they start acting stupid and no one wants to deal with them it'll avoid them getting their feelings hurt. Hate to do this to people but I know quite a few people feel the same way.