What's in a Name?

Arkhi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which alias should I start with? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......?

Chrono came about from my love for the game and what will ultimately be forever Square Enix's best creation from then, now and till the never ending future Chrono Trigger, though in game I never refer to the player character as Chrono and always change names to people I know or at least use their alias' like Jelly, Rose and Pineapple are all in my current playthrough.

Explosms came from the name of the Cyanide and Happiness home website, Explosm.net.

Belial came about through playing the Binding of Isaac for 72 hours straight.

The literal meaning of "Hilda" (which is indeed German, Gaunt.) is "battle-maid".

I can't really speak for my parents, but if they -didn't- pick it just because they liked the way it sounds, then perhaps they thought I was going to be a fighter in some sense.

Again. I didn't pick the name. Pokemon just made it cool.

(thought I posted mine here, but I guess not)

Zephyr -> Greek wind god. Also it starts with the letter Z, which totally needs more love (while my Spanish baby cousin came visiting, we would put on a bunch of alphabet-based episodes of kid's shows to calm him down-- which in my opinion totally doesn't do shit ._.-- and there was a letter Z who felt sad that none of the people he talked to knew any words that started with Z other than zoo and zebra. I know, I know, it's a kid's show but for the love of god, how can people in malls be so stupid? ಠ_ಠ)

Enyalios -> Derivative from Enyo, the Greek minor goddess of war and destruction, sibling to Ares

Kinda like Tempest's reason, I just thought it sounded cool. My main OC's name is Zephyr (that chick in AGS in the RP section, and thus the same chick in my DP and sig), but Enyalios isn't necessarily her last name (in fact I don't even know what to give her as a last name ._.).

How do I start with this...
Alright, so pocky was a childhood snack when i was wee little scrubs who couldn't 420 n0 sc0pe and played maplestory all day long. Chinese zodiac = dragon. Explains why most of my usernames involve pocky.

Around three years ago, I joined a Pokemon forum known as the Cave of Dragonflies. I had a godawful username, but once I found out I could change it, I switched to DarkKoala. And everyone started calling me Dar because who wants to write out a full username every time. Eventually I got so used to the name to the point that if someone called me that in real life I would likely respond.

Also apparently Dar means "to give" in Spanish which I find ironic

Once I give people my last name, they typically use that. Then, when I explain it means "rocky, rugged, and bearded," they go back to Ark.

Once I give people my first name, they typically misspell it or mispronounce it. Then, when I give my last name, they make funny puns and rhymes with it. The former I've gotten used to (doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me anymore, I just roll with it); the latter kinda gets to me at times

I just used my first reborn starter (Chimchar) with the coolest in-game character (Cain) at that time and I made something weird with it.

Edit: As far as real names go: someone in the RP is using my real name. I get confused all the time but I'm getting used to it.

Edited by Chimchain

Once I give people my first name, they typically misspell it or mispronounce it. Then, when I give my last name, they make funny puns and rhymes with it. The former I've gotten used to (doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me anymore, I just roll with it); the latter kinda gets to me at times

When i give people my first name, they ask: Why the hell everyone calls you ViniVinny?

Then, i give my "second name" and they're like: Oh, okay :I

• Administrators

i think it was named AS or something? idk it was like the precursor to AO,,,

I remember that; Adamant Spirits, wasn't it?

as for my name it's funny- I use it everywhere but I'm not even the one who came up with it lol

A friend I'm not in contact with anymore made it up a super long time ago and I used it once... and then used it everywhere. Technically the "full name" is Ikaru Kazuna.

Wow so many stories about names... mine is not the greatest thing ever and doesn't have a long story, but I love it anyways XD

So, shortly, love invader zim, love the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.BOOM.there, I'm done. Have been using it since back in the days when I updated deviantart with drawings almost everyday, and it has been around since then like, for every log in I've had.