A step towards greatness..

DashingStorm

Hey guys, I've been trying some new stuff on PO to try for a solid wi-fi team and I've come up with the following things I have actually started to like on a team;

The Squad in detail:

598.png

Prickles (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Stealth Rock

- Spikes

The main purpose of this thing is to annoy anything that can't OHKO it with Leech Seed, or proceed to set up a layer of Stealth Rocks if it doesn't face a Taunt lead, if it doesn't get stopped, proceed to abuse Spikes or switch out.

006.png

Spitphyre (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Earthquake

- Flare Blitz

- Solar Beam

- Air Slash

You might look at this set and be like- Why does it have Flare Blitz and Earthquake? Easy. Mixed Mega Charizard Y is a god. Max Atk/Speed EV's and a +Speed -Def nature gives this thing quite the opportunity to wreck shit.

461.png

Swiper (Weavile) (M) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pickpocket

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Beat Up

- Ice Shard

- Ice Punch

- Swords Dance

Need I explain this set..? Swords Dance/Beat Up, even Beat Up alone takes a big chunk out of things that don't resist it. Ice Shard/Punch to ohko Garchomp

681.png

Excalibur (Aegislash) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Stance Change

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- King's Shield

- Sacred Sword

- Shadow Ball

- Shadow Sneak

Mixed Aegislash without a Weakness Policy remains to stay a monstrocity- I might swap around the Life Orb for a Weakness Policy..

630.png

Big Bird (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Overcoat

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Foul Play

- Defog

- Protect

- Toxic

Defog abuser, Toxic-staller and generally speaking, anything that can't OHKO Mandibuzz can expect a Foul Play/Toxic.

381.png

Eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Roost

- Psyshock

- Energy Ball

Back-up special sweeper? Here it is. Draco Meteor because raw POWERRRRRRRR.

Thoughts, tips and such..?

Would like to know n__n;

Edited by RainbowDash

What tier is this for? OU? Or for the Reborn League? If it's for the League, Latios cannot be used.

I like how you use a few mixed sets. Although they come at cost of defensive stats/speed, it can come unexpected.

Your team has a weird combination members. It's not sure whether you are trying to stall (Ferrothorn, Mandibuzz), or go for full offense (Weavile, Aegislash, Charizard).

Also, half of your team has a notable weakness to Fire, and with the Sunny weather provided by Charizard, Fire types are likely going to be a real trouble for your team. I suggest swapping one of your team members for another team member with about the same role, but with a different, fire-resistant typing.

Other than that, your team looks pretty solid. Good luck with your teambuilding.

Edited by Nova

If you're going to set up Rocks and Spikes with Ferrothorn, I'd advise Rapid Spin so Defog doesn't ruin anything. Magic Coat's like that sometimes. Also, if your Mandibuzz gets Taunted, then KOed, Charizard is in trouble. Not running Roost is scary. Like Murdoc said, Foretress is a great option, or even Starmie.

Otherwise, the type effectiveness is spread well.

Yeah... I like this team, except, like the others said, Forretress maybe a better option if you're to set up that kind of stuff and it can act as a sweeper. The weaknesses are still the same, except Forretress is neutral to Fighting whereas Ferrothorn is x2 to Fighting I believe. I think it was said above but Fire types would plow through this team easily. Weavile, Aegislash, Ferrothorn (or Forretress) would be destroyed, even worse if the Sun from Char-Y's ability is still up. I don't agree with the concept of a mixed Zard-Y, but if you say it works then it works. Mandibuzz is fine, some people run a Rocky Helmet variant, so you may or may not want to try that one out, that's up to you.

Overall the team looks fairly solid.

A bunch of things:

• Don't forget to set Ferrothorn's speed IV to 0 for gyro ball!
  • I think if you start running calcs you will be quickly disillusioned about this Charizard set. With no sun, Charizard X still hits harder with flare blitz. Also your solar beam and air slash on this set are absurdly weak; neither is going to OHKO even the things that are weak to them. After looking at a lot of calcs, I'm pretty sure that Charizard X with a jolly nature and flare blitz, dragon claw or outrage, earthquake, and thunderpunch kills everything in the same number of hits or less, except for Quagsire. And you also get WAY better defense for this swap. Your physical Char-Y set doesn't even have the surprise factor on its side, because they can't see which it is until after you've shown a physical move (which you invariably will the first turn its out, because your special attacks are so weak on that set).
  • Do not use beat up on Weaville. Knock off is far better. Given your team, beat up will be effectively 80.3 base power if everyone is still alive; if they're not it's only worse. Knock off is 97.5 and you swipe their item! Also if you beat up a Terrakion, Coballion, or Ferrothorn you will cry.
  • Aegislash will wind up doing slightly more damage on average if you make it quiet instead since it's going to be looking to kill almost everything with the shadow ball -> shadow sneak combo, and it will get double the damage scaling on the stat points from shadow ball. Sacred sword is only for the dark types, which as far as I can see with calcs you already kill all of with sacred sword -> shadow sneak when you're quiet (except Mandibuzz, which you can't get past either way).
  • I recommend moving 32 special defense EVs on Mandibuzz to HP. This grants you 1 additional leftovers recovery each turn while only dropping the damage you'll take from most special attacks by 1 or 0. A net gain on HP overall! Do yourself a big favor and use roost over protect too. Also in case you get confused or hit with foul play you should drop your attack IV to 0; it's costless to do so.
  • That's a solid Latios set, except if you decide to make the Char Y -> Char X swap as I recommended then you get significantly better coverage with surf over energy ball (now that there won't be sun). Notably Latios won't just cry against all steel types with that. Also like Mandibuzz it's costless to drop your attack IV to 0.
Edited by HugAKitten