Voting: Wifi Clause on the Ladder, yay or nay?

Kaito

Do you want Wifi Clause to be enforced on Reborn's ladder?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Wifi Clause on Reborn's ladder?

• Yes, implement it!
    • No, don't implement it!
    • It doesn't matter to me.
    • Yes, but make it optional as opposed to forced

It seems like a certain someone in this thread is less pro-no preview and more anti-AO, which is really shitty reasoning when it comes to policy change. The default OU ladder needs to have wifi clause, otherwise nothing will come of it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes to this, I don't mind whether it is optional or not. (therefore I voted for the optional version that way people can play which ever way they want.).

I understand it both sides, I honestly prefer team-preview, but I understand somewhat why others do not.

While I'm rather neutral on the matter of which works better for laddering, I'm honestly all for making wifi clause existent but optional, regardless of whether or not one side will be completely dead; everyone has their preferences when it comes to this play, even in the competitive section. Just because one side's going to be much less frequented, doesn't mean it should be thrown away entirely.

I agree with it being an optional thing because some people like it (cuz its used on many other servers). But personally I do not like wifi claus...at all. But making it optional, if possible, I think is a good idea.

• Administrators

this thread is less pro-no preview and more anti-AO, which is really shitty reasoning when it comes to policy change.

^this

keep it to what you want and not about the people involved.

40 votes.. with 21 replies... from 14 people

math adds up man

this "discussion" is going well, ty all for voting and leaving your reasons and comments

I voted for the first option, o lord of sarcasm, because the games do it and my strongest point is prediction, which is made more important by this rather than teambuilding ability- something we've all seen I am not the best at

basically people will flock to whatevers default because most of the ladder is consisted of people who pass by here and are not regulars and you want to ladder on something that actually gives you battles right?

i'd rather stick to wifi to benefit the who i think are the majority of people who ladder constantly here

But letting AO force through wifi will make lots of people UNHAPPY. And AO have shown that they really like wifi. So we make no preview the default, and they can show their dedication to wifi by keeping the other tier alive.

and this is basically saying we shouldn't give a huge group of people who regularly use the ladder unlike so many people who frequent on reborn a choice

Tbh, I don't think we need to. I mean, as much as AO want to deny is, this IS their thing. That's not them specifically, it's just that the vast majority of hardcore players are among them (nothing wrong with that), and every single one of them wanted wifi (I mean, they discussed it in backchannel before implementing this). And the people that want a balance are the casuals and the like.

Anyway, as of this post, polling is tied. Half of everyone want a compromise, and I fail to understand why people are so dead-set on trying to please everyone. I mean, out of those whov'e voted, less than half want it enforced.

Casual players can battle in tours, etc. Ladder is for competitive battling, and it should stand to reason to have one of the biggest aspects of competitive battling implemented. Tours are constantly being started, so that's plenty of casual play for those that enjoy that. Not to mention players can always ask for a battle. It's just as fast as laddering, really.

Even so, one of the major draws of reborn is that it doesn't enforce wifi clause when battling (as was said multiple times in main chat today). And why not make a seperate tier? Kamina and rupe and that crowd can go off an be happy in their side-tier, while the rest of can carry on as normal.

I'm not? The thing is, it's well known that all of AO voted for wifi. There's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I'm just saying it's silly to try and pretend like this isn't their thing. I can understand why, as the hardcore/competative players on reborn they'd want that. My point has always been we don't want it enforced.

You're seeming to point the finger at us AO members. Sure it was 'our thing', but it was shown that a lot of people not in AO supported Wifi Clause in the last thread. What's the point of implementing Wifi Clause if it's not going to be mandatory? It's like Clear Skies tier, no one used it just because it wasn't the mandatory tier. That will also be the case with Wifi Clause. I find much more battles without no priview than with Wifi just because Wifi clause is not mandatory. It is also because of the fact that not a lot of people even know about the implementation of Wifi Clause. The ladder is meant for competitive play, and most of the competent battlers here support the implementation of Wifi Clause as being mandatory because it's better than having no preview (read other thread). Those are my thoughts, I think it should definitely be mandatory.

Coming thru out here,,, Moony out,,,

Edited by Moony

Even so, one of the major draws of reborn is that it doesn't enforce wifi clause when battling (as was said multiple times in main chat today). And why not make a seperate tier? Kamina and rupe and that crowd can go off an be happy in their side-tier, while the rest of can carry on as normal.

we've already done that before and it ended up being another dead tier, whichever is default is going to be the only used OU tier

we've already done that before and it ended up being another dead tier, whichever is default is going to be the only used OU tier

I disagree. AO have shown enough dedication to their wifi that I'm pretty sure they'd play it amongst themselves.

There's not enough people just in AO to keep the ladder up and active. Without enough people, the tier's ladder will die and this will all be for nothing,,, And besides, shouldn't Wifi Clause be mandatory in the ladder as the ladder is for competitive playing? I think it was majorly agreed that Wifi Clause is more competitive than not having it (last thread)

last thread had not that many people.

A lot of discussion on the server today was that it was differently competitive.

Wifi and nonwifi are two very different games-e.g. hazards in wifi are meh at best.

Hazards in Wifi are just as good as hazards in No Preview, sr is on every single team in Wifi and spikes are still good, just not as commonly used. Wifi is more competitive than No Preview, there's a reason it's used in most competitive Pokemon battles (Smogon World Cup for an example), because you actually know the shit on the other person's team. If there's a Ditto in non preview and you set a mon and lose to that Ditto, is that competitive? I say no and a lot of people would likely agree. How are you supposed to know you shouldn't set up if you don't know there's a Ditto? You can't know if there's a Ditto in the back, and if there is, you can get swept by that Ditto you didn't even know was in the back. That's not competitive at all,,,

Edited by Moony