Hi! New girl with lots of questions here.

HaiGengar

So I'm Cheeeeech... I played a crazy amount of Pokemon growing up, and continued to play until Soul Silver, after which I lost my DS and never got a new one. I fell behind and couldn't recognize the newest generations of Pokemon, so I'm glad I've had reborn to catch me up. Buuut I still get confused about certain things, (currently things related to breeding/ev training... what even is that?) and would like to make some friends to help a trainer out. So hai!

Also... what's the deal with trainer cards on this website?

Welcome to Reborn! Hope you'll like it here.

Trainer cards have been broken for a while now, don't know if they'll ever be back. Regarding any questions about most mechanics related things, especially breeding, feel free to PM me.

hi im silver and i'm arguably the best mod ever

not really

we had trainer cards for our league that has since been discontinued- the generators for said cards currently don't work, but rest assured they'll be returning at some point!~

edit: also welcome to hell there's no escape

Ah, that makes sense considering I tried making one and it just vanished. The website is sort of weird to navigate through, so I thought maybe I just needed to go somewhere else to view it. Thanks, I will probably be messaging you soon. :)

Hai Silver!

Edited by HaiGengar

• Developers

Welcome to Reborn! Yeah some of the customization no longer works, but I'm sure they'll be back sooner or later.

And as everyone else says on this site. Leave your sanity behind!

Well, welcome to Reborn, where the demons inside you come out! Leave your sanity at home because you won't need it here! Hi Cheeeeech, I hope you enjoy your stay at Reborn! Mostly everyone is nice and friendly, so feel free to ask any questions you may have to the mods or people who claim to know the answer to your questions ^_^ . Also, if you need any help understanding anything about pokemon, feel free to PM me your questions :) Check out the Reborn Chat at the top left of the site or on PO, as that's where many of us are, if we're online.

Welcome to Reborn!!! I am Hukuna, nice to meet you. I am Reborn's RP Sensei, so if you ever feel like dropping by to read anything or even to RP along with us we will be sure to welcome you. If you do have any questions on the RP forum please do PM me. That is all, and enjoy your stay.

Welcome to reborn. Looks like you've got plenty of questions, but it also looks you're having no trouble making topics for them.

Uh, for minor stuff feel free to ask people like Tempest, Vinny, or myself. We should know the answers.

Have fun.

Hello Cheech, welcome to Reborn!

It's great to have another girl here. Don't worry about me telling you to make a sandwich. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen ;-) A gamer girl is an awesome thing to see after all!

If you have any questions or if you're just lonely and need someone to talk to, feel free to talk to me. I'm a typical nice guy and a good listener XD :-)

• Support Squad

Welcome~

You cannot use a trainer card until you sell your soul. But the devil was pulling a scam so the cosmic bureau of fraud made him give us a refund.

hi cheeech to answer your question about ev training ev training is when you beat a pokemon your ev gets a boost by 1 every 4 ev's a stat gets boosted by 1 so if i defeated 40 makuhitas witch gives you a ev in hp my hp would increase by 10 but you can only ev train 2 stats by 255 ev's and there are items that help speed this up such as pokerus. and iv's is what. and for ivs IVs, or Individual Values, are hidden stats that every Pokemon has. They range from 0 to 31 in each stat, and cannot be changed without resorting to cheating devices.

At level 100, each IV adds one point to the corresponding stat, barring some skewing from Nature. That means up to 31 points per stat (again, ignoring Nature). As stats scale with level, you'll get less effect at lower levels; for instance, at level 50, it takes two IVs to make one stat point.

On a side note, IVs also determine the type of Hidden Power.

Wild Pokemon's IVs are determined randomly. That said, in the sixth gen (and not previous gens!), unbreedable Pokemon caught wild (that is, baby Pokemon, Nidorina, and legendaries - and theoretically Nidoqueen and Unown if they could be caught wild) will always have at least three perfect-31 IVs (maybe more, but never less than three.) The gift Celebi from Pokemon Bank will also have three perfect IVs, and expect this to hold for events for non-breedable Pokemon in the future

Edited by squirmey

Welcome to reborn. Looks like you've got plenty of questions, but it also looks you're having no trouble making topics for them.

Uh, for minor stuff feel free to ask people like Tempest, Vinny, or myself. We should know the answers.

Have fun.

Oh, I'm sorry.. I wasn't trying to spam the Forums, and didn't know anyone to ask... but now I do, and I'll try to ask less questions on here :\

EV training is a rather complicated thing that's basically summarized with "slowly gaining stats upon defeating certain Pokémon". Someone will probably have a better explanation on the Reborn chat, unless they'd like to here.

anyway, hello there! Hope you enjoy it here.

• 8 months later...