6SS3G- 3rd Gen Shinies

Nefalem

That version was actually an earlier version of what's up now. ^^; I had the same ideas as you about it! (sans the non-yellow claws.. but I'll try it out!)

The main reason why I did yellow claws was to provide some color that was still light but didn't stand out too much.. I'll try for some darker claws, though, thanks!

And I see what you're getting at for Sun... Yeah yeah yeah!!

And no, Ice castform hasn't been done yet. Neither has regular castform, to be honest, aha.

Edited by gamien

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That version was actually an earlier version of what's up now. ^^; I had the same ideas as you about it! (sans the non-yellow claws.. but I'll try it out!)

The main reason why I did yellow claws was to provide some color that was still light but didn't stand out too much.. I'll try for some darker claws, though, thanks!

The thing is yellow and white don´t go too well together, so while I can see the claws, they don´t stand out enough. They don´t stand out too much, but also not enough. Most of the time claws are left white, at least from what I´ve seen with the shinies in the game folder ^^

So you gotta find that middle-ground between standing out too much and not enough I guess.

I'll get to work on finishing the Mightyena line. Poochyena will be a bit awkward to blend though, since the black on his face is all the same shade...

Try switching the two colors then? If this makes pochyena look less awkward, it´s not a big deal. Yeah, black and red switch places when it evolves, but then it won´t look like someone poured some delicious tomato-soup over its face ;)

But if I´m not asking for too much: Could you try both? ^^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

• Administrators

Amateur, as far as I'm concerned you're saving me a lot of time and energy with your critiques so by all means keep it up. That's part of the reason I feel comfortable focusing on other things, because I can trust that things will still get done well here.

But for Lotad/Ludicolo line, let's skip the afro and keep it to colorscheme, retaining the split half white/red thing with their hats. I think something more subtle like that will be cooler for people when they realize what it is.

I like that last Mightyena, too, I think over the black/red one.

Well, I guess I am making myself a bit useful ^^ I can surely be trusted with this thread, it's just a few more 'till Gen III is done anyway. I gotta admit i already tried out a few from GenV, I hope that's alright.

since genIV is awesome, I hope I'll be able to stay around early on and help some more and assist those who want to help to ^_____^ I really love how you guys try to do your best and not just *SLAM* some lazily done shiny ;D

Oh, I actually thought an afro would be good and fine. But alright, I will do just the color scheme insteIt's gale of darkness minor-b, right? Colosseum one looks a bit more different, he's got yellow clothes ^^ Can I still give it those glasses? i mean you can't see minor-b's eyes too, right?

I agree with the mightyena. There already is a dark one^^

Sweet, alright. I also did Poocheyena.

tumblr_nfysp7PUDd1u1hoxeo1_250.pngtumblr_nfysp7PUDd1u1hoxeo2_250.png

I also tried the inverse of what's here (white places brown, brown places white), but it didn't look really good; namely because the teeth would blend in with the fur.

Huh, been gone for some time, but today I was in the right mood, so I took a shot at the shiny Banette, which is - according to the start post - supposed to look like a Mega-Banette. Here is the result, if you guys approve, I would do the backsprite and Shuppet, too, of course:

Original sprite:354.png

Custom shiny sprite:j25ieqbl.png

Huh, been gone for some time, but today I was in the right mood, so I took a shot at the shiny Banette, which is - according to the start post - supposed to look like a Mega-Banette. Here is the result, if you guys approve, I would do the backsprite and Shuppet, too, of course:

Original sprite:354.png

Custom shiny sprite:j25ieqbl.png

I've already done both Banette amd Shuppet. Now, this one looks good, mine is just a tick darker and I forgot to add ppurple hands.

Well, since Ame likes the white one I guess I don't need to worry about fixing the annoying Poochyena clashing colors. :P

I don't mean to persist in asking this, but are we using the blue Aggron scheme then? I'm assuming so, as I haven't heard otherwise, but I wanted to make sure that we don't need to finish up matching Aron to some other color.

Kk pixels fixed from under the chin also is there anyone working on huriama?

As of right now, nobody seems to be working on Hariyama, so it´s free for grabs. I don´t have much time for the next one, two days, so I´ll only do Ludicolo and it´s prevolutions.

So I'm definitly not up to date. Which Pokémon have yet to get a custom shiny sprite? Would love to get involved here some more again after the last few months.

A few many posts ago I made a little list. Here it is:

Lotad + Evolutions (I´ll manhandle those three ^^)

Poochyana/Mightyena

Wingull + Pelipper (Done. If you think you can make a better one, go ahead. But it´s already pretty oily as it is and it would require some experimentation to make it look even more like one of those polluted birds. Geez, every time I see one of these things, my heart breaks!)

Makuhita + Hariyama

Linoone + Zigzagoon

Well, since Ame likes the white one I guess I don't need to worry about fixing the annoying Poochyena clashing colors. :P

I don't mean to persist in asking this, but are we using the blue Aggron scheme then? I'm assuming so, as I haven't heard otherwise, but I wanted to make sure that we don't need to finish up matching Aron to some other color.

Well, we are using the last version of your shiny I posted, which is the one with the turquise color:

post-46705-0-52100200-1417384206.png post-46705-0-11373400-1417384207.png

oh, I'm sorry then. Didn't read through everything here. On which page I can find yours?

ON THIS PAGE :D

Shuppet, matching Banette:

post-46705-0-72881500-1417109094.png post-46705-0-87208300-1417109095.png

Banette, matching Mega-Banette:

post-46705-0-46599500-1417109231.png post-46705-0-13975000-1417109232.png

It´s just a tick darker, to make it more evil and sinister looking. Now, you could add those shiny hands if you feel like it, but I think it looks better this way. Still, you can try it, it would look more like mega banette then, so it´d be cool. Go ahead. It´s your sanity that is going to make *boom* because of me, mine is already gone :D

Okay, I'll try out Linoon/Zigzagoon then.

And actually, while I am too not truly convinced by purple hands on Banette, I think that yours looks a little bit too similiar to the casual Banette.

E: Which one do you like better? White-Black or Black-White? And which eye-color?

aqgjllio.pnggp35458q.png

Edited by Calvius

And actually, while I am too not truly convinced by purple hands on Banette, I think that yours looks a little bit too similiar to the casual Banette.

Well, the inside of mega-banette goes out, and apparently it has zippers at it´s hands, so how about zippers at banette´s hands? Just a thought.

I´ll be gone now, gotta catch my well deserved sleep. See you guys tomorrow, so do whatever you want, I´ll bitch about them critique them all on another day ^-^

Well, we are using the last one I posted, which is the one with the turquise color:

post-46705-0-52100200-1417384206.png post-46705-0-11373400-1417384207.png

Well, I realize that's what WE are using, but I was hoping to get some actual confirmation from Amethyst that yes, this is the color scheme she wants.

Well, I realize that's what WE are using, but I was hoping to get some actual confirmation from Amethyst that yes, this is the color scheme she wants.

I heard nothing about it up to now I think, so I guess that´d be an "Ok"? ^^

Well, it is turquise/black, as she requested. The black head is just another awesome addition from you :D

Now I´m really gone. Damn you Flux, keeping me longer here than I wanted >___<"

E: Which one do you like better? White-Black or Black-White? And which eye-color?

aqgjllio.pnggp35458q.png

Second one is bett...

tableflip02.gif

Goddammit. That´s it. I´m done for today. Damn my concience to hell, it wants to help the whole night now while I need and want my sleep :D I´m sufferin´ under sleep deprevation already, so I´m gone now =__=

But seriously. Second one is cooler. Looks more like a skunk, face is more visible. It´s cool ;)

I made some Makuhita line sprites, their not amazing but are a lot dark compared to regular Makuhita line. The whole foam finger thing is my worst nightmare so i didn't include them if anyone comes up with it tell me how :P

Makuhita

post-51120-0-18988600-1417582848_thumb.pngpost-51120-0-32426400-1417582848_thumb.png

Hariyama

post-51120-0-75276200-1417583134_thumb.pngpost-51120-0-54720900-1417582848_thumb.png

Also are you guys making another post for Gen 4 after this or just posting in the one thats made for all shinnies in general... Just want to know whats up.

Edited by Rielly987

Wingull + Pelipper (Done. If you think you can make a better one, go ahead. But it´s already pretty oily as it is and it would require some experimentation to make it look even more like one of those polluted birds. Geez, every time I see one of these things, my heart breaks!)

Try adding some reflected light for + Oiliness?

I made some Makuhita line sprites, their not amazing but are a lot dark compared to regular Makuhita line. The whole foam finger thing is my worst nightmare so i didn't include them if anyone comes up with it tell me how :P

Makuhita

attachicon.gif296.pngattachicon.gif296b.png

Hariyama

attachicon.gif297.pngattachicon.gif297b.png

Also are you guys making another post for Gen 4 after this or just posting in the one thats made for all shinnies in general... Just want to know whats up.

We are making GenIV in another thread after this, but only as soon as we got all GenIII shinies.

This makuhita looks alright. It´s darker, while Hariyama looks like it got too many steroids.

Good ^^ One thing that is kinda missing would be the foam sport fan hand. I know, it´s only a "maybe foam sport fan hand", but I think then it´d look even more unique... and a bit more stupid I think :D :D :D

Makuhita- Match Hariyama

Hariyama- Darker colors; maybe foam sport fan hand,

UnprofessionalAmateur, on 02 Dec 2014 - 11:22 PM, said:

snapback.png

Try adding some reflected light for + Oiliness?

If you can do that, please do it. That´d be awesome.
...Otherwise I´ll try if I got the time for it today. And as soon as Lotad is done.