PokéNations Roster Thread - Week Six!

Rooreeloo

Hey all! Welcome to PokéNations - Week Six!

A major change of how things run. This time and for the next 4 weeks after this one, both nations can pick 3 Pokémon to ban from the opponent's selection. Additionally, each matchup will have a seperate tier instead of all 3 matchups playing the same tier.

The matchups are as follows!

(4-1)Haven vs Volcanic(2-3) - Playing UU

(3-2)Ruin vs Mythic(3-2) - Playing Ubers

(2-3)Apophyll vs Aurora(1-4) - Playing RU

The clauses are as follows, and pretty standard; Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Species Clause, and Self-KO Clause. If you would like to battle with additional clauses; that is between battlers to discuss.

So, you've got until Sunday, 11:59 PM EST in order to submit rosters. Matchups will be posted soon after. You will have exactly one week to complete all matches from the time they are posted. Rosters will include 5 people to play matches, and 2 reserve members in case a participant cannot play.

(someone asked me if a pokemon with forms is banned does that mean all of it, yes that means all of it)

(oh and: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9370 for tiers, this is in the banner on the server btw.)

ADDITIONALLY:

The following players have been prohibited from being used due to the spam incident 2 weeks ago:

Jelly (2 weeks)

rupe (2 weeks)

Lobos (2 weeks)

Azery (2 weeks)

[Apophyll]Shadow T. (2 weeks)

Lord Emvee (2 weeks)

Nation leaders, please reply with your rosters and which 3 Pokémon you will be banning from use by your opponent!

Edited by Rooreeloo

Not sure why I'd get put onto a team just as I am banned from playing makes no sense reborn logic is weird. It was clean fun nobody got hurt from this. If you're gonna take this seriously and get butthurt you're just making yourself look bad.

Also look at line 299 look at that sneaky motherfucker leaving himself out lol.

why did one of them only get 1 week while the rest got 4-5 weeks anyway lol

Yeah not to mention that certain people got discluded from this as well. Like I don't even care about PokeNations I just wanted to have fun but I've always found the auth system here to be a little absurd.

In the FAQ; this was covered. Arceus is treated as a normal type because it uses a non form-changing mechanic to change typing.

Jacze was supposed to be on the list; it was an error in typing.

As far as Roo is concerned; and to a lesser point Rewer. It's a spam incident for a reason. Not a single post incident. Rewer posted twice, ten minutes away from each other. Under other circumstances - that would never be viewed as any sort of participation. Roo didn't even post what was posted in the spam incident.

If you are going to put out a suspension; you have to know the difference between each factor within a group. It's a basic procedure in any spot of authority. That being said; I control the fate of my people anyway; so let me handle that. I already began doing my thing in week five.

In the FAQ; this was covered. Arceus is treated as a normal type because it uses a non form-changing mechanic to change typing.

Jacze was supposed to be on the list; it was an error in typing.

As far as Roo is concerned; and to a lesser point Rewer. It's a spam incident for a reason. Not a single post incident. Rewer posted twice, ten minutes away from each other. Under other circumstances - that would never be viewed as any sort of participation. Roo didn't even post what was posted in the spam incident.

If you are going to put out a suspension; you have to know the difference between each factor within a group. It's a basic procedure in any spot of authority. That being said; I control the fate of my people anyway; so let me handle that. I already began doing my thing in week five. - Wtf does this even mean LOL

It didn't even hurt anyone though and it wasn't any kind of destructive post like a bad link or a bad word or phrase so I don't see why these people have to be punished. As much as I don't care about PokeNations others might so maybe instead of being salty and punishing people for multiple weeks over something harmless that happened on 1 day for about 15 minutes you can be a better auth and let it slide? Cuz I'm sure most people (besides you auths) would disagree with allowing this negative enforcement on your part, plus it's kinda dumb and bias isn't it? :]

The subject has been final for a long time. The auth are not doing this project either - a little research will tell you who it is.

You shouldn't have bias and accuse bias within ten words of each other. Especially if you don't know what's going on.

The topic will be streamlined for rosters from this point on - meaning no more discussion in the thread.

So just making sure i'm getting this right, Apophyll is fighting Aurora in RU tiers? Also i've looked and aside from what people have put and collected in their nation threads i can't find any tier listing for gen 6. I know it's different from back in gen 5 obviously but would someone mind dropping or pm'ing me the thread for the 6th gen reborn tiers?

has nothing to do with it

there was hardly a discussion anyway, more like just 'oh let me show off my huge tour host e-peen and do what i like even if it's completely illogical'

now i can bet one of the following two things will happen:

a. all these posts deleted

b. shitty argument for why these people should be suspended from nations followed by a 'AND THAT'S FINAL/NO MORE POSTS' meaning no one can pick apart those terrible points

Edited by Void

So people are trying to run nations to compensate the fact that league is dead, and get shitted on fifteenthousand times. Seriously, stop the goddamn complaining, because I seriously doubt that they'll change their mind, and before you know it they might even not give any more fucks about nations anymore and drop it. They actually put effort in this thing, for Christ's sake.

I agree with that it may not have anything to do with nations, but seriously, if you're real 'men' like you say, you can deal with it, no?

So people are trying to run nations to compensate the fact that league is dead, and get shitted on fifteenthousand times. Seriously, stop the goddamn complaining, because I seriously doubt that they'll change their mind, and before you know it they might even not give any more fucks about nations anymore and drop it. They actually put effort in this thing, for Christ's sake.

I agree with that it may not have anything to do with nations, but seriously, if you're real 'men' like you say, you can deal with it, no?

Correction, real men stand up for what is right! To be walked over in such a fashion is to be a child.

Just as Pinneaple said. Come on, this is supposed to be a fun competition! Yes, there really are things that can get better, but shouting out in the forums like this will just make a lot of people angry and solve nothing. There are better ways to solve this kind of stuff. Not a question of being walked over, but of discussing with respect.

I can't believe this was brought up again... there is no need to "prohibit" certain players for something that happened TWO WEEKS AGO. Besides, like what Emvee said, no one was hurt? Its any fun and they just wanted to have a good laugh. To be honest, look at it and tell its not just a little funny. It time to forgive and forget. We're all frens right?

So just making sure i'm getting this right, Apophyll is fighting Aurora in RU tiers? Also i've looked and aside from what people have put and collected in their nation threads i can't find any tier listing for gen 6. I know it's different from back in gen 5 obviously but would someone mind dropping or pm'ing me the thread for the 6th gen reborn tiers?

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9370

There you go Huggy.

How about you all just shut up and stop the whole "My Dick's Bigger" thing. It's not about being a "real man" or about weather or not the crime has to do with nations or not. The fact is that they did indeed commit a crime. This punishment is to teach them to not be fuck ups again. Pardon my language, but if you want to bitch and moan, do it elsewhere. Make a complaints thread about it or whatever and see if the ones dealing the punishment actually care. Punishment is punishment. Accept it and move forward and hope the condemned don't do anything like this again.

I think that all matches should be in the same tier for each week, that part is stupid. And why are you giving us the SAME challenge for 4 weeks straight...... ughh. What was the point of an intermission if you come back with this garbage. With that being said Apophyll Nation will rise to the occasion and collect our 3rd straight win.

How about you all just shut up and stop the whole "My Dick's Bigger" thing. It's not about being a "real man" or about weather or not the crime has to do with nations or not. The fact is that they did indeed commit a crime. This punishment is to teach them to not be fuck ups again. Pardon my language, but if you want to bitch and moan, do it elsewhere. Make a complaints thread about it or whatever and see if the ones dealing the punishment actually care. Punishment is punishment. Accept it and move forward and hope the condemned don't do anything like this again.

CRIME? LMAO, CRIME? Robbing a bank at gunpoint is a CRIME. Spamming a message for 15 minutes is not a CRIME. I'm not even apart of this and I think 4-5 weeks is a bit much for something silly like this.

Edited by nasserthemaster

It's really cute that you like to assume it's a "my dick's bigger" scenario, when clearly these people are simply standing up for something they don't believe is right. But, of course, everyone has their own opinion and everyone is entitled to their own view. You're entitled to your own view of the dick race, as they are entitled to their view, and went one step further by boycotting nations in an attempt to make clear the point that they have adopted.

If the punishment were to teach them not to be fuck ups again, then, it should be levied elsewhere, not on Nations in my opinion. If anything, this punishment is simply a hinderance to many teams. Besides, if you consider this to be a crime, then the objective should to be to rehabilitate, not to punish, to deter from the incident happening again, and it hasn't happened again, largely due to common sense as opposed to this punishment.

It's not a crime to break rules on a Pokemon Server, either. There is no police involved, only auth. It's like breaking the rules at school, there are no laws, only rules.

"You spammed the server, here, be punished from a team competition where each player is valuable, some more than others"

Yes, splendid idea. Cripple the teams for the sake of sacrificing the competitive value of this tournament. Outstanding.

Also, 6 week punishments are rather harsh, as opposed to the people who only received one week.. I'm just pointing that out.

Pardon my language, but if you want to bitch and moan, do it elsewhere. Make a complaints thread about it or whatever and see if the ones dealing the punishment actually care. Punishment is punishment. Accept it and move forward and hope the condemned don't do anything like this again.

Thread has been made, people are interested as a matter of fact. And, honestly, if those dealing the punishment don't care, it's going to be detrimental to the health of the Nations competition as a whole, because if you ignore those people, all they will do is simply end up rallying more and more support. Look at the number of people's names on the boycott thread. Look at it. That will grow if no attention is paid. Attention should be given now, as opposed to later, or never, so the reputation of this can be preserved as the successor of the Reborn League, and it can continue as it has been prior to this debarcle. Otherwise the masses will grow, and grow, and grow. It is better to satisfy a small number of unhappy customers early on, as opposed to having to deal with a large number of unhappy customers in the later stages of the debarcle.

The condemned won't do anything like this again, since, once again, common sense should prevail, but who knows.

I'm not taking sides here. I simply cannot comprehend how you have the audacity to come in here and brand it a cock competition, when it clearly isn't, and a few fair points are raised by said people, or person, leading this boycott.

Maybe you should go and re-assess the angle you're taking on this, because I think it's a rather negative one, and you seem to be looking at one side as opposed to evaluating both sides, which, generally, if you're going to state a point about something that is an issue, should probably be done.

also for future reference

robbing someone at gunpoint is a crime

breaking server rules isn't

might want to touch up on your definitions there a little bit and yeah uh it's not a crime.

Well, well, well.....

....Now that we've all done messed up. I'll sound off.

1. You're absolutely right Winter, the petition is up, but that thread is highly suspect because of the thread's author and the names on it already. I absolutely do think the project was rolled out with a few problems, but I don't think the worst of them is being suspect to a month long bar from competing. That being said, Apophyll members would only miss ONE battle under said suspension, and that's hardly a cause to stand up and make noise over.

2. It's most certainly not going to improve if we don't act civil and offer suggestions as opposed to bellyaching.

3. If you have a suspension, serve it. Being barred from Nations is hardly even a punishment if you look at it from a big picture.