What should Snowflake's fourth move be?

CURIE

Hey reborn community, I'd like to introduce you to my latest team member: Snowflake the Glaceon.

2ezr8sw.jpg

Dangit Ame why did my favorite eeveelution have to be the last one available

Now, I had this Eevee stored in the PC, waiting to make it a Glaceon and add it to the team ever since I first got it, which was back in the Gen 5 days. And yes, I farmed it until it was a female. Male Glaceon just... doesn't seem right to me...

My plan for her moveset was to be

Frost Breath (her main form of attack, at least until the Ice Beam TM showed up)

Hail (This + Snow Cloak + Brightpowder = Trololololol)

Shadow Ball (Obligatory type coverage move)

Blizzard (stronger, but more innacurate, like a last resort kind of thing)

Back then, Frost Breath had a base power of 40. Combined with the 100% critical hit rate, it became an 80 power move. Now, hovever, it's been buffed to base 60, which means it always hits for a whopping 120 base power even before stab! It's now more powerful than both Ice Beam and Blizzard; the only things those moves have against it now is a chance to crit and a chance to freeze. And the chances of either of those things happening is too small to mean anything to me.

Which brings us to the question: what should be the move in place of Blizzard? Now, I'm already in the middle of training her, so it's too late for breeding moves (didn't notice the Frost Breath buff until recently). It will have to be either a move she learns by level up, or through a TM that she can currently get her adorable little paws on.

P.S. Also, if there's a TM that's not available yet that you think she should use, feel free to mention it. It's just that I'm also gonna need something for her to know until then.

EDIT: I think(?) I might have figured it out. New planned set is:

Frost Breath (same purpose as before, will be replaced by Ice Beam later on)

Hail (same purpose as before)

Hidden Power Fighting (for Ice and Steel types. Honestly, I didn't farm for this! I just got lucky!)

Barrier (To cover my weakness to mostly physical attacks, will be replaced with Double Team later on)

Edited by Eagleby18

You're actually mistaken about Frost Breath. It's been buffed to 60 Base Power, but criticals got nerfed to x1.5 damage rather than x2, meaning Frost Breath now has 90 Base Power, Blizzard is still stronger.

Although notable moves for Glaceon are Hidden Power and Trump Card. It's not as good as Sylveon's Trump Card, but still, up to 200 BP.

Hidden Power is probably your best bet, but I'm kinda doubting you'll get a good type for it. (Granted, anything besides Ice/Ghost would be ideal, I guess.)

Could you use a cleric? Heal Bell is obtainable via move tutors in 7th Street. You could also run Barrier to help make her a bit more sturdy. There's not much else, really.

Oh, and I guess there's Substitute. Though that really works better with some form of recovery, it can get really obnoxious with that aforementioned Snow Cloak + Brightpowder combo.

(I've never actually used Glaceon, since I don't really use Ice-types, so my opinion probably isn't worth much. Fair warning.)

Edited by Lost Lore

Hmm, didn't know about the critical hit nerf. Not sure how to feel about that as a whole... Anyway, I guess that means I will switch for Ice Beam when I can after all. And Blizzard is still an option. Water Pulse is only available on Glaceon back in the Gen 4 days, so that's out. Gonna have to go on a bit of a quest to find my hidden power type, BRB.

EDIT: Okay, the hidden power type is fighting, although I don't know where I would figure out the base power. Either way, I don't exactly see it as that much of an option.

Trump Card, while appealing, is unfortunately no longer an option, as I evolved Snowflake as soon as I could.

Heal Bell seems too circumstantial, as it would only be useful when at least half my team is afflicted by something. If it's just one Pokemon I need to heal, I'd use an item. I have plenty of those.

So far, it looks like it's between Blizzard and Barrier. Although with Barrier, I'd feel bad about getting something for my Defense and not special defense. If only she could learn Amnesia...

EDIT 2: Thought of another option: Double Team! Snow Cloak and Brightpowder already start me off at +2 evasiveness, so I could maybe use it as cover long enough to raise the same stat to untouchable levels. Thing is, I don't think the TM's available right now, so it's gonna still have to be between Barrier and Blizzard.

Edited by Eagleby18
Double post

HP Fighting is actually pretty sweet for a Glaceon. Hits steel and ice types super effectively. Additionally in generation 6 hidden power got changed so that it is now always 60 base power. Honestly I'd run with that.

Also please don't double post.

HP Fighting is actually pretty sweet for a Glaceon. Hits steel and ice types super effectively. Additionally in generation 6 hidden power got changed so that it is now always 60 base power. Honestly I'd run with that.

Hidden Power always has 60 BP since gen 6.

You could just breed a new one if you want TC.

Considering most attacks of the types you're weak to are physical, Barrier would be good.

Perhaps then, I should switch Shadow Ball for Hidden Power, and give Barrier to the fourth slot? If so, Barrier's getting replaced when I get Double Team.

Y'know, you could go back to E12 and breed Double Team. Using a Pikachu is the fastest way. I'd also say Shadow Ball>Hidden Power, 80>60 BP. Keep in mind, Barrier is worthless against Special Attackers. You could also get Echoed Voice along with DT (Pyroar/Spritzee>Pikachu).

why not Ice Wind???? IMO, this thing is very slow. so i don't like the idea giving ti 252 EVs speed and use him as a quick striker. but in the opposite, Ice Wind is very good especially in double battle. and barrier is somewhat more useful with double battle, let your other pokwmon chance to set up or survive more hits